windy gloves

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
did they use to have different quality? seems everyone shits on windy gloves as the worst of the top 4 brands idk why but iv always liked the look of them very big pillow like gloves loved the logo too kinda like winning gloves but apparently people hate them

There are worse gloves out there from Thailand. Raja comes to mind and Sandee. Both are very similar gloves, almost like copies, but even worse.
In my opinion Windy has excellent quality with fine, thick, high quality leather and great finishing. The downside are the padding and the lack of wrist support. The padding is made of layers of cloth and some rubbish that gives less cushioning than a pair of simple handwraps. Still, some people just love it just for that because they give you an advantage in fighting or sparring if the other guy wears Twins or TopTen gloves ....
I wrote a short review about my experience with Windys here:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/windy-12-oz-bghv-bag-gloves.3914793/

I had some Windy Prolines and the leather and stitching was really good for the price although the padding sucked, no protection, although I definitely wouldn't call them puncher's gloves or anything either

There are worse gloves out there from Thailand. Raja comes to mind and Sandee. Both are very similar gloves, almost like copies, but even worse.
In my opinion Windy has excellent quality with fine, thick, high quality leather and great finishing. The downside are the padding and the lack of wrist support. The padding is made of layers of cloth and some rubbish that gives less cushioning than a pair of simple handwraps. Still, some people just love it just for that because they give you an advantage in fighting or sparring if the other guy wears Twins or TopTen gloves ....
I wrote a short review about my experience with Windys here:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/windy-12-oz-bghv-bag-gloves.3914793/

Gosh - layers of cloth for padding! Is that for real? I've never heard of that.

windy has fallen off big time......maybe 10 years ago or so they were trying to make a name for themselves in the US MMA community as a top thai brand, it didnt really work. I have not had much experience with their gloves but the ones that I have had, were not the greatest, not the worst, but not the greatest, they would be ok for bag work but I wouldnt spar my friends with them, padding was very hard. Raja makes good quality gloves, but their velcro is kind of shitty....I dont know about their premium line.

I've been trying to get my hands on a pair of the Windy TG-30 training gloves. Can't seem to find them anywhere, but I've heard great things about ttheir quality.

Back