• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Winning 16oz MS600-B Question

Turbo Ace

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently purchased a pair of brand new MS600-B gloves at a great price (of course I still want a pair of lace-ups....but the price was too good to pass up).

Anyways, my question is on the performance of the gloves themselves. I own an old Everlast vinyl heavy bag (50 lbs, back when it was made in USA), and sure it ain't the greatest, but it is still sufficient enough for a good work out. I noticed that when hitting the bag with my Winning gloves, it doesn't have that much of a "pop" or "crack", and it almost feels like I'm pushing a lot on my punches.

I also have a pair of Ring to Cage C17 lace-ups (16oz), Title Gel Intense Bag Gloves (16oz), and (my favorite) Cleto Reyes E300 hybrid lace-up/velcro (Size large). Anytime I use any of these gloves (especially the Reyes), I can get that great pop on my punches.

So is this normal for a set of Winning gloves (the foam maybe)? Or is it more just a case of me needing to work more on my technique?

Thanks for your time guys.

P.S. Is it normal for a pair of Winning gloves to kind of have an indentation in the foam (approximately at the joint that is closest to the finger tips). Because I happen to have this indentation on both gloves)

Sorry for the long msg :redface:

Sorry guys, I should have put this in G&E Discussion, rather than reviews...and I'm not sure how to move it

not sure if i can help but i have used winning and reyes (but have not c17 and title)... what is your complaint?
diffferent padding=different feel+different sound - it is normal,isn't it? winning are special,they woul not be special if they were like title,reyes,c17 probably

Hey guys, I recently purchased a pair of brand new MS600-B gloves at a great price (of course I still want a pair of lace-ups....but the price was too good to pass up).

Anyways, my question is on the performance of the gloves themselves. I own an old Everlast vinyl heavy bag (50 lbs, back when it was made in USA), and sure it ain't the greatest, but it is still sufficient enough for a good work out. I noticed that when hitting the bag with my Winning gloves, it doesn't have that much of a "pop" or "crack", and it almost feels like I'm pushing a lot on my punches.

I also have a pair of Ring to Cage C17 lace-ups (16oz), Title Gel Intense Bag Gloves (16oz), and (my favorite) Cleto Reyes E300 hybrid lace-up/velcro (Size large). Anytime I use any of these gloves (especially the Reyes), I can get that great pop on my punches.

So is this normal for a set of Winning gloves (the foam maybe)? Or is it more just a case of me needing to work more on my technique?

Thanks for your time guys.

P.S. Is it normal for a pair of Winning gloves to kind of have an indentation in the foam (approximately at the joint that is closest to the finger tips). Because I happen to have this indentation on both gloves)

Sorry for the long msg :redface:

What are you going for though, protection or feedback? If you are looking for better feedback go Reyes. If you are looking for better protection stick with your Winnings. Winnings dont crack nearly anything like Reyes and for Good reason. Winning does offer decent feedback but nothing like Reyes.

Thanks for the reply guys. Especially you stratocaster..always creep your reviews so it's an honor to talk to a legend amongst the boards lol

I guess in a way I was hoping that the winning gloves would be molded to my absolute liking, and although they do provide the most protection, (please don't burn me for this) I think I have more fun using my Reyes gloves.

I just feel like the winnings are more of a dull "thud" when they hit the bag, while with my Reyes gloves there is a distinctive "crack" that I absolutely love. It really makes me feel like a bad ass and I think "let's see how much harder I can hit...."

I really thought I would have been more of a winning guy... But I guess Reyes is the style best for me

Also, not sure if you two read the last part of my msg, but is there supposed to be an indent in the foam kind of near the joint closest to the finger tips? (winning gloves)

Back