• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Winning FG-2900 initial review:

Nope, it's pretty much perfect. The only reason the fg5000 or any face protector interests me is because I'm a university professor so I can't do lectures 8 times a week for 2 hours with a bashes up face in front of over 150 people in each of those lectures.
Have you ever considered using the Kudo helmet? I am not very happy with the padding (imho, too stiff), but at least you are guaranteed against bruises and broken nose, esp. when using elbows and knees. Also, training under low oxygen conditions is said to improve stamina.

Btw, what are you teaching at the university?

Have you ever considered using the Kudo helmet? I am not very happy with the padding (imho, too stiff), but at least you are guaranteed against bruises and broken nose, esp. when using elbows and knees. Also, training under low oxygen conditions is said to improve stamina.

Btw, what are you teaching at the university?

I've never bothered with a kudo helmet but im familiar with them. I'm a biology professor at a medical school.

Yeah, this space helmet is not to everyone's taste. I myself recently switched to Golden Gear's headgear, at least during pure boxing sessions.

Last edited:
Nice! Hope you got something else in Shanghai too! *wink wink nudge nudge* :icon_chee

Yup...the shanghai surprise...chick popped on my chest. Do t tell
My wife. Btw I was wearing he headgear when it went down.

would you be willing to take some photos of it on? just want to see how the large fits on you since you have similar measurements to me.

Yup...the shanghai surprise...chick popped on my chest. Do t tell
My wife. Btw I was wearing he headgear when it went down.

Umm. Okay. Well. . . alright. My lips are sealed.

Would you happen to have that chick's number? J/k. (Mostly)

****UPDATE****

Been using this fg 2900 about 3x a week for sparring both light/technical as well as flat out brawling.

This is a grew headgear, it really soaks up impact.

Ive used the hell out of this headgear and it is sweet, of course t is, its winning.

The adjustments were easy for me and I haven't change them since I got it, Ive done a few boxing smokers and come out without a headache.

All in all, I can say, my brain and train of thought is important to me for my job/career, this headgear helps me because I take less damage and suffer less the following days after taking big blows to the dome.

If you like your head, buy one. If you are too broke to buy one...save and then by one. Seriously, you get one brain.

BUY AN FG 2900...or 5000....

Just got the FG2900. Vision is better for kicks and front kicks and it kinda presses less against the forehead. The smell is giving me headache, but soon it will get mixed with my sweat and it'll be fine then LOL.

At first I thought it wouldn't fit me, but with adjusting the chinstrap it was np in the end. The chinstrap for the fg5000 didn't play an important role with getting a good fit. I had to break-in the bar with this one.

I would only get the FG5000 if you box only. I feel like it has better damage absorption.
FG2900 has better Forehead padding though.

Back