• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Winning FG-2900 Review

My head is 23.5

I weigh like 120 right now cause I haven't been training. I'm like 5'3

A large won't hinder your vision that much, but I just prefer a medium. I've had both.

Be sure to pull the cheeks apart cause these new fg2900s come in with VERY close cheeks. It took me like a whole 3 days worth of playing around with it to get the fit I desired.

Hey man quick question, my head is only 22.5 inches...so about an inch smaller than yours yet the M is tight on my forehead but it fits you fine, if I spread out the laces then forehead is okay but cheek protectors get too close to my mouth/nose...how do you fit it so that the forehead isn't as tight and you still get to spread out the cheek protectors or should I just go for the Large?

Thanks a ton!!!

Both are great, but I gotta say I definitely like the look and smell of Vylar better!

Could you explain me what's the diferrence between synthetic and natural leather.As far as I know synthetic is more durable,lighter and easier to clean/maintain.On the other hand there is a rumor that natural is more sweat resistant,keeping your head cooler.In case of winning natural leather means custom so 30% up the price.Would like to hear what others say too,especially stratos who owns a natural fg2900.

Hey man quick question, my head is only 22.5 inches...so about an inch smaller than yours yet the M is tight on my forehead but it fits you fine, if I spread out the laces then forehead is okay but cheek protectors get too close to my mouth/nose...how do you fit it so that the forehead isn't as tight and you still get to spread out the cheek protectors or should I just go for the Large?

Thanks a ton!!!

Being too tight or having the cheeks a little more spread apart.

Pick your poison, there's really no in between. Which is my huge gripe with this headgear

Could you explain me what's the diferrence between synthetic and natural leather.As far as I know synthetic is more durable,lighter and easier to clean/maintain.On the other hand there is a rumor that natural is more sweat resistant,keeping your head cooler.In case of winning natural leather means custom so 30% up the price.Would like to hear what others say too,especially stratos who owns a natural fg2900.

Long time since I've been on forums lol being busy with school stuff. I suggest the synthetic I personally don't care for the leather since both are extremely high quality. The headgear that I got it still looks brand new its easy to clean and maintain. I'm not sure if the natural leather weighs the same as the synthetic I know when they say the headgear is 12oz or so its looking in point of the view of synthetic rather than the leather I believe. I generally don't think a 30% price is worth the extra jump since personally I believe what most important is what's inside and as long as it delivers the protection which is why you would consider Winning in the first place. I don't care about leather unless you want to customize than were talking leather!

Also, personally I find it quite comfortable its nice and cozy it still gets hot in there regardless.

keep in mind you are paying the 30% extra not only due to the leather but you also get to customize the headgear, in my case I opted over synthetic not only because of the leather aspect but it was also my choice in color combination as well. So if you are going custom, my argument is why NOT opt for leather.

The leather weighs .5 oz more than the synthetic btw. and its 10oz weight vs 10.5 for leather.

keep in mind you are paying the 30% extra not only due to the leather but you also get to customize the headgear, in my case I opted over synthetic not only because of the leather aspect but it was also my choice in color combination as well. So if you are going custom, my argument is why NOT opt for leather.

The leather weighs .5 oz more than the synthetic btw. and its 10oz weight vs 10.5 for leather.

So which are the benefits of leather over synthetic since synthetic is more lightweight,durable and easier to maintain?Is it true that leather is more sweat resistant ?

for me vs synthetic I don't like the feel or the heat generation behind it. It feels like im wearing a garbage bag over my head.

Synthetic is lighter weight but if you can tell what .5 oz difference is I don't know that would be crazy I wouldn't need a scale in my house anymore I could just have you hold my stuff and tell me.

Durable is subjective imo, it all depends how well you take care of your gear.

Easier to maintain, again all subjective both you simply wipe down.

what do you mean by more sweat resistant...?

To me its a matter of preference. Heres my thing, if synthetic were truly that much better why don't we make EVERYTHING in syn? Boots, wallets, purses, gloves, shoes, etc. WE DONT!

We use leather, why? Because it lasts FOREVER. And these items I listed they get dirt, grime, we set them on floors, we walk on them/sit on them, spill stuff on them. And it STILL lasts.

For that reason I will always opt for leather, because its nicer, and its tried and true.

for me vs synthetic I don't like the feel or the heat generation behind it. It feels like im wearing a garbage bag over my head.

Synthetic is lighter weight but if you can tell what .5 oz difference is I don't know that would be crazy I wouldn't need a scale in my house anymore I could just have you hold my stuff and tell me.

Durable is subjective imo, it all depends how well you take care of your gear.

Easier to maintain, again all subjective both you simply wipe down.

what do you mean by more sweat resistant...?

To me its a matter of preference. Heres my thing, if synthetic were truly that much better why don't we make EVERYTHING in syn? Boots, wallets, purses, gloves, shoes, etc. WE DONT!

We use leather, why? Because it lasts FOREVER. And these items I listed they get dirt, grime, we set them on floors, we walk on them/sit on them, spill stuff on them. And it STILL lasts.

For that reason I will always opt for leather, because its nicer, and its tried and true.

I was talking about heat generation you mentioned.So there is a better feeling using leather while keeping your head cooler.Thats what I wanted to know,thanks for the info

yeah leather is by far cooler, the synthetic will make you sweat buckets before you even step into the ring while you are getting laced up. Atleast for me that's the way I felt, and im not even a big sweater. I mean im drenched AFTER going some rounds in my leather fg-2900 but not before that takes place lol.

Ive never used the leather FG2900 but used to spar in my coach's standard synthetic FG2900, and the biggest thing I remember is definitely how much Id end up sweating in it.

Ive never used the leather FG2900 but used to spar in my coach's standard synthetic FG2900, and the biggest thing I remember is definitely how much Id end up sweating in it.

Important detail especially for sweaters like me.After all,custom is the way:cool:

The synthetic fg 2900/5000 are really hot.

At the end of the day though, it dosent matter to me because I train in humid, 90+ degree weather and im a heavy sweater so nothing I do is going to keep me dry or cooled down, im soaked to the bone after a 2 hour session...even in the winter.

yeah but when you are wearing something that is making you sweat even more, it feels like you want to die. It drains energy out, atleast that's what it feels like

Even on my open faced winning headgear, I end up drenched. Sweat dripping down my eyebrows onto my eyes. Terrible, it's only downflaw but it's a huge one

yeah but when you are wearing something that is making you sweat even more, it feels like you want to die. It drains energy out, atleast that's what it feels like

Well it dosent feel any worse than my other headgear at least.

When I order a new fg5000, Ill go leather because it will be custom.

Yeah I think face savers are hot in general alot more material used and more weight

Back