• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Winning FG-2900

If you have to save it up first or try to make cash or anything like that go with something else like the Triumph United (costs about 80 bucks but looks similar to the FG 2900).

Was gonna pick that up it was only 49$ on black friday. But nobody had them yet and didn't know if I should pick up the new ones or the black and red ones. Maybe next time their on sale I'll check them out since I'm always the cheap guy here :D

I picked up the TU Superlative Headgear and they are phenomenal. Only possibly bested by these FG-2900s but I can't say untill I put $200 (ouch) towards them. I'm still confused as to how Winning can charge such exorbitant prices for artificial leather gear but I guess I can MAYBE understand cutting the weight of leather to make it lighter. Otherwise, I just don't get it.

Last edited:
It's not really a big deal with headgear to be honest. It's not gonna rip unless you actually cut it open with a knife or something. With gloves it's different, they take a lot of punishment by hitting the heavy bags, and the Winning gloves are made of leather. But the headgear doesn't take a lot of punishment and if you take care of it I find it hard to believe that it would rip just by punching it and going through sparring sessions.

we have 2 new prototypes coming in of our new silverback headgear i might have to get you to do a comparative review of our silverback and the FG-2900.

type2.jpg

MIke @ Gorilla Fight Gear

I picked up the TU Superlative Headgear and they are phenomenal. Only possibly bested by these FG-2900s but I can't say untill I put $200 (ouch) towards them. I'm still confused as to how Winning can charge such exorbitant prices for artificial leather gear but I guess I can MAYBE understand cutting the weight of leather to make it lighter. Otherwise, I just don't get it.
Damit! I should've gotten it on black friday T_T. I'll see if they have a sale on christmas if not I'll still get them. But I shouldn't have passed them up for 49$ :icon_sad:

Trying to make something that offers similar protection to the fg-2900 but without cloning it is a pain in the ass. I took our Apeman headgear which was an Adidas AIBA clone, then added the Winning style padded ears to it, then went with the twins shaped cheeks protectors, and for a final touch added a laceless lightly padded top, and contoured pad for the back of the head. It should also be a wee bit thicker then the winning on the forehead and the cheeks. As for the density of the foam the outer layer and the inner layers should be very similar to what winning uses, but we added a denser middle layer to help disperse the force of sharper impacts from mma gloves, elbows, knees, shin bones.

Last edited:

Can you do a review on the TU Superlative headgear? They look so much like the Winning FG-2900 which I want so much. If the difference isn't that big, then I may go for the TU Superlative, mainly because of the price difference.

From what I've heard, it seems that the padding in Winning's gloves/headgear is what makes their stuff so special, being very durable and shock absorbent.

Can you do a review on the TU Superlative headgear? They look so much like the Winning FG-2900 which I want so much. If the difference isn't that big, then I may go for the TU Superlative, mainly because of the price difference.

From what I've heard, it seems that the padding in Winning's gloves/headgear is what makes their stuff so special, being very durable and shock absorbent.

Sure thing. I was planning on doing a review but I wanted to get some sparring time in with them first to give more detailed feedback. Should have one up very soon but in the meantime I can say they do look very similar. I can't personally comment on the winnings but others agree they are comparable other than the outer material and the price.

Sorry I took them all down because I wanted to do them over again with better pictures and a new rating system so that all of them can be compared to each other. Is there anything specific you need to know or see about the headgear?

Back