Winning Headgear

jnes

Boxer
@purple
Reaction score
Currently in the market for a top of the line headgear, and of course most of the fingers point to Winning. Figured I only have one head and brain so I should protect it the best as possible.

Anyways I've been looking at the Winning FG-2900 and the FG-2300 (not a fan of bars because of limited visibility. Is there any testing to know that Winning is the best or is it the sheer quality of them? Anyone have either of those?

Other questions I have are how do you measure your head size, do I literally just take a tape-measure and wrap it around my head?

Final question (kinda dumb), is Winning a rich douchey brand because I do not want to give off those vibes when walking into a new gym to spar, and personally, I have yet to see a Winning headgear.

Thank you!

Winning is one of the best brands, arguably the best.

But there are worthy clones, like the TopBoxer and UMA models.

If anyone hassles you in the gym because you're using Winning, just tell them boxing is a hard sport and you want to protect yourself as best you can within your budget.

And then tell them to f*%! off...

Last edited:
Final question (kinda dumb), is Winning a rich douchey brand because I do not want to give off those vibes when walking into a new gym to spar, and personally, I have yet to see a Winning headgear.

Thank you!

No. In my experience, if you have nice gear at a low experience level people just want to try it on

Yes to measuring your head with tape measure, you just need your head circumference measured around the forehead

A very good choice very pleased with mine......am keen to know how the new Fly X one compares though

I'll upload some pics when it arrives, thank you for your guy's input.

i plan t buy a pair soon really hope its worth the cash i hate headgears period so hope its actually a good bit better than rivals headgear

i plan t buy a pair soon really hope its worth the cash i hate headgears period so hope its actually a good bit better than rivals headgear

I don't think you need to worry about protecting your head...

The best head protection is to not get hit. No headgear will allow you to absorb more punishment. Fit is the most important thing, and I must say that Winning's headgear has always been pretty amazing for me in terms of fit. Second is that it is lightweight, and the 2900 is great in that way as well.

One of the main purposes of a headgear is to prevent cuts. Glad you went with the 2900 and not the face bar. I do wish the 2900 was a little thinner, lower profile. Don't treat the headgear as a helmet and take shots because you have it.

Doesn't matter what you wear. Gear doesn't make you douche-y or not douche-y. You're either a douche or you're not. I embrace the fact that I'm a douche and make sure that everyone sees my Winning towel at the gym.

The best head protection is to not get hit. No headgear will allow you to absorb more punishment. Fit is the most important thing, and I must say that Winning's headgear has always been pretty amazing for me in terms of fit. Second is that it is lightweight, and the 2900 is great in that way as well.

One of the main purposes of a headgear is to prevent cuts. Glad you went with the 2900 and not the face bar. I do wish the 2900 was a little thinner, lower profile. Don't treat the headgear as a helmet and take shots because you have it.

Doesn't matter what you wear. Gear doesn't make you douche-y or not douche-y. You're either a douche or you're not. I embrace the fact that I'm a douche and make sure that everyone sees my Winning towel at the gym.

True.

And I really need to get myself a Winning towel!

And your gloves inside the original packaging, with the cardboard Winning box and all, taken out at the beginning of every session, only to be neatly placed inside after the final round is over, but not before first applying leather conditioner while you whisper sweet nothings to your Winning gear in front of the crowds of envious onlookers

I prefer the approach of

Random guy "oh wow you have Winning XXXX"
Me "Yeah"
Random guy "thats really expensive though"
Me "shrug"

And your gloves inside the original packaging, with the cardboard Winning box and all, taken out at the beginning of every session, only to be neatly placed inside after the final round is over, but not before first applying leather conditioner while you whisper sweet nothings to your Winning gear in front of the crowds of envious onlookers
You forgot the most important thing is to have an erection every time you apply the leather.

How else am I supposed to hold the glove? Proper application of conditioner requires both hands.

@j-boxing what do you use, a losing towel?

@RDL81 what is Winning XXXX and how do I get my hands on it? How have I never heard of it before? I looked through Winning USA, Koubudo, Kozuji, and America-Ya and couldn't find anything on it? Are you going to review it? Post pix?????

I don't think you need to worry about protecting your head...
heh can tell i really offended you in the fact you live in a country where you cant afford winning head gear as it could feed you for a year

i must always remain humble and be grateful to live in my country i could have to live poor like yourself

Back