winning lace up 10oz official pro fight gloves

I couldn't recommend winning enough. If your going to buy a 8oz or 10oz fight glove I recomend a bigger sized handwrap then usual. But I do use 310" handwraps, so the glove fit snug. I use 3 Le Roy hand wraps on each hand they are around 310" and for the fight I belive its 360".

Good looking out

got mine from craigslist, but I'm pretty sure yellow is a standard color. Might want to run that by Gonzaginator, the resident Winning expert.

What are some things you can tell me about the fg 2900 in terms of protection?

This is a review on the winning ms-300's based on a 10 point scoring system. (*PICS COMING SOON*)

Looks- 8.5/10. They look great but they do have artificial leather, meaning they sort've crust up easier then my cow hide reyes. Great logo. Not missing a stitch.

Feel- 8/10. These are the most comfortable gloves I've ever worn, you don't feel your knuckles on the bag, they are nice and light but these gloves being artificial leather means they don't breathe well at all. Leather breaths naturally, this man made material does not. Making your hand sweat more than usual, and making your hand wraps a little more tighter than usual, now I leave my hand wraps a little a little looser than normal.

Quality- 9.5-10. These gloves have been going strong for 3 or 4 years now with PacMan doing heavy bag work, so quality should be amazing. The laces look to be good quality and the foam is very very soft.

Thumb placement- 10-10. The thumb on this glove is superb. It felt a little tight on me at first but now it feels great and natural. Maybe even the best thumb placement ever on a glove.

*additional information*

-very soft
-one of the best fits
-great pop on the mitts and heavybag
-amazing thumb placement even though at the beginning it was a little tight
-they hardly breathe
-might wanna try leaving the hand wraps just a bit looser
-beautiful color
-dries overnight
-grip hose bar is exactly where it should be.

Overall these gloves are personally an 9/10.

Thanks for the pics and review. Can you tell us your weight and how many rounds you do on the heavy bag with these? I'm thinking of getting the 8 oz version, but I'm afraid they won't be protective enough for heavy bag work. I'm about 145 lbs, btw. Also how do these compare with the other gloves that you used before, did you have knuckle/hand problems? Also, how the wrist support and the size of the hand compartment?

What are some things you can tell me about the fg 2900 in terms of protection?

Tbh I can't tell you much about them. I never used it, I bought the 2900 to take apart for the pattern. I use the 5000 for sparring.

Thanks for the pics and review. Can you tell us your weight and how many rounds you do on the heavy bag with these? I'm thinking of getting the 8 oz version, but I'm afraid they won't be protective enough for heavy bag work. I'm about 145 lbs, btw. Also how do these compare with the other gloves that you used before, did you have knuckle/hand problems? Also, how the wrist support and the size of the hand compartment?

I weigh 110 train 4 to 5 rounds on the heavybag alone. but the bag I mostly use is soft so the gloves don't suffer as bad.

I had a micro fracture in my right hand from wearing cheap gloves.

No complains with the wrist support if you get laced up by someone who knows what they are doing.

I've worn from ringside, to imfs, to reyes. Not grant. And everlast that's not even worth mentioning

I highly recomend long hand wraps so the gloves fit more snug. I'm not sure about the 8oz model. Though there shouldn't be much of a difference.

Tbh I can't tell you much about them. I never used it, I bought the 2900 to take apart for the pattern. I use the 5000 for sparring.

When you say, take apart the pattern. What do you mean?

what in the living eff, I wish I had that type of money to see what's actually inside gloves. And I thought I was the only one awake. Thanks for the reply.

Majority of my gear I find really cheap on CL or ebay. I wouldn't take them apart just for the sake of taking them apart. If I get good enough where I can make custom gear, then I see it as an investment. Not much to see, mostly foam and leather.

Yeah I can't sleep.

I weigh 110 train 4 to 5 rounds on the heavybag alone. but the bag I mostly use is soft so the gloves don't suffer as bad.

I had a micro fracture in my right hand from wearing cheap gloves.

No complains with the wrist support if you get laced up by someone who knows what they are doing.

I've worn from ringside, to imfs, to reyes. Not grant. And everlast that's not even worth mentioning

I highly recomend long hand wraps so the gloves fit more snug. I'm not sure about the 8oz model. Though there shouldn't be much of a difference.

Damm, if I'm 35lb heavier then you then I'll probably need to go for the 10 oz. You have some pretty big arms for someone who's only 110, lol.

As far as wrist support goes I was actually more wondering about the quality of the padding that surrounds the wrist - is sturdy and supportive or soft and flexible? I use stretchy laces and a hook and loop converter with laceups, so the person who laces them up for me is not relevant. Also, you said that you use 3x leroy wraps - can you say how the wrist support is with the standard mexican 180"? I've tried the 2x leroy wrap method before, but personally I feel better support mexican 180" wraps. I am looking to get some 210" wraps, however.

You also mentioned that you tried Cletos, can you tell us which version and how they compare to the winnings? I know Reyes makes some 8oz and 10 oz training gloves, which I wouldn't mind having.

Btw, here are some pictures of 8oz winnings, for reference:

img10413887898.jpg

img10413750912.jpg

563487586_hwQY7-M-4.jpg

563487604_JCYvj-M.jpg

they definitely look smaller than the 10 oz, but its hard to judge how much less protective they would be

maybe I should just go for some 12oz, then I could also use them for sparring . . .

sorry for all these questions, but these are some expensive gloves

Damm, if I'm 35lb heavier then you then I'll probably need to go for the 10 oz. You have some pretty big arms for someone who's only 110, lol.

As far as wrist support goes I was actually more wondering about the quality of the padding that surrounds the wrist - is sturdy and supportive or soft and flexible? I use stretchy laces and a hook and loop converter with laceups, so the person who laces them up for me is not relevant. Also, you said that you use 3x leroy wraps - can you say how the wrist support is with the standard mexican 180"? I've tried the 2x leroy wrap method before, but personally I feel better support mexican 180" wraps. I am looking to get some 210" wraps, however.

You also mentioned that you tried Cletos, can you tell us which version and how they compare to the winnings? I know Reyes makes some 8oz and 10 oz training gloves, which I wouldn't mind having.

Btw, here are some pictures of 8oz winnings, for reference:

img10413750912.jpg

563487586_hwQY7-M-4.jpg

563487604_JCYvj-M.jpg

they definitely look smaller than the 10 oz, but its hard to judge how much less protective they would be

maybe I should just go for some 12oz, then I could also use them for sparring . . .

sorry for all these questions, but these are some expensive gloves

I spar with people that are 140 because of how I'm built. So 35 pounds heavier is not THAT bad.

The glove does have padding around the wrist areas, the wrist is not flimsy you can shake the glove by the wrist and it all moves like it was one piece, but still very soft like the rest of the glove.

As for the handwraps I used to use x2 le Roy but once I decided to up one the difference was more than I expected in a good way. I use x3 le Roy's because I really depend on my hands and I haven't really used Mexican handwraps before. With the wraps on the gloves just fit amazingly.

I have 14oz hook and loop training Cleto Reyes. I use 1,2 times a week when I go for strengthening. And I don't know if its me, but after having the Winnings for a bit of time, my reyes feel weird as far as thumb placement. Sometimes when I punch with them they don't land as flush as they used to when I didn't have winnings. Other than that, great glove. No complains.

I didn't get the safetech cause I needed a 10oz I could throw around for a few years. I feel the safetechs padding should wear off a lot faster than winnings padding.

And you said you might go with 12oz's? For sparring? If your gonna spar I highly recomend at least 16oz especially for your weight. But that's just me.

I spar with people that are 140 because of how I'm built. So 35 pounds heavier is not THAT bad.

The glove does have padding around the wrist areas, the wrist is not flimsy you can shake the glove by the wrist and it all moves like it was one piece, but still very soft like the rest of the glove.

As for the handwraps I used to use x2 le Roy but once I decided to up one the difference was more than I expected in a good way. I use x3 le Roy's because I really depend on my hands and I haven't really used Mexican handwraps before. With the wraps on the gloves just fit amazingly.

I have 14oz hook and loop training Cleto Reyes. I use 1,2 times a week when I go for strengthening. And I don't know if its me, but after having the Winnings for a bit of time, my reyes feel weird as far as thumb placement. Sometimes when I punch with them they don't land as flush as they used to when I didn't have winnings. Other than that, great glove. No complains.

I didn't get the safetech cause I needed a 10oz I could throw around for a few years. I feel the safetechs padding should wear off a lot faster than winnings padding.

And you said you might go with 12oz's? For sparring? If your gonna spar I highly recomend at least 16oz especially for your weight. But that's just me.

Thanks for the reply, you should try the yellow Ringside 180" mexican wraps, they are awesome. I will try the 3x leroy deal sometime, but it seems like too much work to do on a daily basis.

I've heard a lot of people complain about the thumb on the Cletos , but I'm thinking that it may be less of an issue if the glove are 8 or 10 oz, since the hand compartment will be way smaller. I haven't purchased the safetech for the same reason as yourself - there was a guy on youtube who did a video review of them, along with grant and winning, and they were very soft and squishy and did not look safe for the heavy bag.

And yes I spar with 12oz. I'm tall and lanky and my arms are completely done after a round of sparring with 16oz gloves - at that point I can barely hold my hands up, let alone throw quick jabs. Plus, I typically spar with guys who are bigger than me and use worn out everlasts, or with guys who are way better than me and procceed to kick my ass, so I need every advantage I can get.

Thanks for the reply, you should try the yellow Ringside 180" mexican wraps, they are awesome. I will try the 3x leroy deal sometime, but it seems like too much work to do on a daily basis.

I've heard a lot of people complain about the thumb on the Cletos , but I'm thinking that it may be less of an issue if the glove are 8 or 10 oz, since the hand compartment will be way smaller. I haven't purchased the safetech for the same reason as yourself - there was a guy on youtube who did a video review of them, along with grant and winning, and they were very soft and squishy and did not look safe for the heavy bag.

And yes I spar with 12oz. I'm tall and lanky and my arms are completely done after a round of sparring with 16oz gloves - at that point I can barely hold my hands up, let alone throw quick jabs. Plus, I typically spar with guys who are bigger than me and use worn out everlasts, or with guys who are way better than me and procceed to kick my ass, so I need every advantage I can get.

What headgear you use? What other gloves have you worn?

What headgear you use? What other gloves have you worn?

I just use the gym's title gel or the Everlast Safemax headgear, but I'm planning on picking up the FG-5000. With the open face headgear my face and nose get busted up and with the safemax I always have headaches after sparring, so I'm looking for an upgrade. So I'm thinking of picking up some winning gloves as well. The other gloves I have are the velcro Faitex BGL7 12oz for bag and pad work and for sparring I just use the gym's 12 oz title gloves. When I started boxing I originally had some everlast 16 oz but, those fell apart after about 2.5 months. I also recently picked up the rival rb10, but those gloves are a ripoff - my knuckles still hurt after using them and their wrist support is a joke.

I just use the gym's title gel or the Everlast Safemax headgear, but I'm planning on picking up the FG-5000. With the open face headgear my face and nose get busted up and with the safemax I always have headaches after sparring, so I'm looking for an upgrade. So I'm thinking of picking up some winning gloves as well. The other gloves I have are the velcro Faitex BGL7 12oz for bag and pad work and for sparring I just use the gym's 12 oz title gloves. When I started boxing I originally had some everlast 16 oz but, those fell apart after about 2.5 months. I also recently picked up the rival rb10, but those gloves are a ripoff - my knuckles still hurt after using them and their wrist support is a joke.

I'm ordering my winning fg 2900 in a few weeks, I also get headaches so I know what you mean.

I'm ordering my winning fg 2900 in a few weeks, I also get headaches so I know what you mean.

Ya hopefully the winning headgear will help us out. It facking expensive, but I truly think that it will make me a better boxer - I will be more relaxed in the ring because I won't be so concerned about taking damage, and I will hopefully be able to try out new things without paying the price.

Ya hopefully the winning headgear will help us out. It facking expensive, but I truly think that it will make me a better boxer - I will be more relaxed in the ring because I won't be so concerned about taking damage, and I will hopefully be able to try out new things without paying the price.

Well when I get in the ring, I'm a very relaxed fighter. Very very smart fighting, always looking at the opponent, I usually never get hit in the face, but I do get hit a lot in the forhead. I use the shoulder roll pretty defence very well. I'm always confident inside the ring.

But the headache I feel after is just starting to pick me apart, I have no choice but to buy a good headgear. I've done my research and I am most definitely going with winnings fg 2900.

Winning uses real leather for their gloves. The artificial leather is for their headgear and it is excellent artificial leather.

Honestly I think that Rivals 3D0 products are just a gimmick; D30 in its raw state is like a puddy and works, once processed into the little thin pads, I think it loses most of its pliable charactoristics. I don't know whether it is because it is sitting on foam so it can't react properly or that it has been processed into a thin piece, but it doesn't work. I got the RB50 gloves, just testing it by hand and there was no change from pushing into the 3D0 or punching my hand, either way it acted the same, and when punching my hand my knuckles took the force. On the bag it seems ok, but I have never had an issue with my hands, and the wrist support isn't that great, so I highly recommend wraps.

Last edited:
Back