• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Winning MS600:initial review

ironwolf

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As the title says, this is an INITIAL review so ill update and add pics as I go.

Lately I have been taking a break from Muay Thai and focusing on BJJ and trying to learn to box better. Having a gear addiction similar to many here, I obviously needed new BOXING gloves as none of my other gloves could possibly do the job. A little while back, I got an FG-2900 because I wanted the best headgear around and I have been very impressed with it, Since then I have been randomly checking the Rakuten site and just looking around. WInning 16oz gloves had been sold out for a bit but one morning, the MS600 in blue (to match the fg 2900) were in stock...so I pulled the trigger.

Total cost was 266.00 to China and they arrived 5 days after I confirmed the order. They got here literally as I was leaving to a boxing class so I took them with me and used them for 2 hours doing pads, partner drills and a bit of easy sparring. Obviously I need to use them more to give better detail but this is an initial review.

They feel good and look good but the thumbs look strange compared to more flat/wide thumbs of some other gloves, the construction is top notch, no bad stitching, no problems. I was able to tie the laces and slip them on over my wrapped hands which I like, the protection felt great and the wrist support with wrapped hands is fine.

There isnt much else to say as these are some of the best gloves you can buy. Later I will compare them side by side with the c17 and provide some pics but im off to the friday night BJJ session right now.

Feel free to leave comments or ask questions.

AS for now, I can say these gloves are borringly nice.

Pros:
-hand protection
-can get them on without somebody tying them
-smell good
-great quality
-comfortable

Cons:
-price
-I wish winnings tock velcro was better as I would prefer velcro to the lace ups I got.

the thumbs look strange compared to more flat/wide thumbs of some other gloves

but how did they feel?

thanks for the review

Last edited:
Hi ironwolf, Was it 266 dollars or pounds? If dollars where did you get them from? Looking to get a pair shipped to the UK. Also I have a friend living in Beijing looking for a good BJJ school, is there any you would recommend for a beginner? Thanks

He got them from rakuten. Please go visit the winning japan 2.0 thread (in the regular Gear and Discussion forum) before you start asking questions that have been asked numerous times already. Take care.

Looking forward to the full review iron.

-thumbs feel great
-the price was in USD shipped japan EMS to China
-there is 2 good BJJ schools in beijing but be careful because one of them is known to have a bunch of fuckers from inner mongolia that think its funny to hurt people....like ignore taps and stuff. I recommend the gracie school there in beijing.

Theres a boxing class tomorrow morning that is a heavier sparring day, Ill use the gloves and headgear together tomorrow and report back.

and yes, I got them from the america ya shop on Rakuten.com.

When I opened the box, it smelled of many leatherbound books and rich mohagany....

Just joking but there was a pleasant leather scent.

Last edited:
-thumbs feel great
-the price was in USD shipped japan EMS to China
-there is 2 good BJJ schools in beijing but be careful because one of them is known to have a bunch of fuckers from inner mongolia that think its funny to hurt people....like ignore taps and stuff. I recommend the gracie school there in beijing.

Theres a boxing class tomorrow morning that is a heavier sparring day, Ill use the gloves and headgear together tomorrow and report back.

Cool, thanks for the info. I will pass on the BJJ school details for my friend and check out the rakuten website....then just have to convince myself that the purchase is justified!!

Looking forward to seeing the updates :)

Nice initial review IW, can't wait for the pics.

Honestly don't get the Winning Velcro dislike, I love mine. Oh well, to each his own.

Damn it! You've persuaded me! I don't know if I'm happy or sad! I've only had my bgl3 for a month and I love them, only problem is they feel more dense than my boons!I don't know if I've been sent the wrong pair but they are like rocks and my sparring partner has mentioned that he got a headache after a light sparring session, I feel like if I finally get winnings then that will be it and I will stop spending money on gloves!

Damn it! You've persuaded me! I don't know if I'm happy or sad! I've only had my bgl3 for a month and I love them, only problem is they feel more dense than my boons!I don't know if I've been sent the wrong pair but they are like rocks and my sparring partner has mentioned that he got a headache after a light sparring session, I feel like if I finally get winnings then that will be it and I will stop spending money on gloves!

Is the bgl3 the lace up version of the bgv9??? If so, thats not a sparring glove, those are just for bag/pads so they are denser. I have bgv9s and love them but even fairtex says to not use them for sparring.

Back