• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Winning NG-2 Knuckle Guard **Review**

ConnahS

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
9/10

This peice of protection should be in everybodys gym bag! The NG-2 offers brilliant amount of shock absorbtion and for people with small hands it can be the difference of having a loose glove or a snug glove.

(I will be posting images within a hour)

Protection:
These knucklegaurds do take a lot of the impact whilst hitting the bag. They make my 10oz gloves feel like they have the protection of 14oz whilst not being heavy or too bulky.

Size:
I have small hands and my gloves fit better whilst wearing these. I can see there being an issue if you have bigger hands whilst getting a glove under 16oz on. On the whole I don't think they are as big as people would expect.

Fitting/feel:
Whilst wearing the NG-2 I cannot feel anything bulky on my knuckles yet it just feels like I am wrapped normally without any added weight. Comfort is second to none and the design with the grip bar is excellent as it makes the item easier to put on and wrap around.

Pros:
Cheap
Comfortable
Protective
Easy to wear
Can work well with small hands and big gloves

Cons:
Bigger hands/smaller gloves will struggle to fit with the NG-2
Not a mirical product
Takes longer wrapping hands

Im liking your reviews ConnahS. Simple and straight to the point!!! Keep them coming!!!

Im liking your reviews ConnahS. Simple and straight to the point!!! Keep them coming!!!

I wish there was more recognition to be honest, it's the usual top boxer threads that get all the attention but thank you.

I wish there was more recognition to be honest, it's the usual top boxer threads that get all the attention but thank you.

Give it time. These things tend to go in phases. Anytime something new and exciting comes around there is usually an influx of threads. Eventually it all dies down until the next new thing comes around.

Nah thanks for this man, I was looking for reviews on these a week ago. Decided to just order some cause at worst I lost 20 bucks.

I think pictures/videos are what the other reviews were missing. Like showing what gloves you use them in and how you wrap your hands with these without having the foam move around.

Nah thanks for this man, I was looking for reviews on these a week ago. Decided to just order some cause at worst I lost 20 bucks.

I think pictures/videos are what the other reviews were missing. Like showing what gloves you use them in and how you wrap your hands with these without having the foam move around.

Hi mate, I've been out all night and haven't had time to take any pictures. Will definatly have some up soon!

Give it time. These things tend to go in phases. Anytime something new and exciting comes around there is usually an influx of threads. Eventually it all dies down until the next new thing comes around.

Ah thanks pal!

I don't personally like my NG-2 knuckle guards. I just find them too bulky when combined with wraps. I also haven't had any knuckle pain since I stopped using my TUFF gloves...go figure.

I don't personally like my NG-2 knuckle guards. I just find them too bulky when combined with wraps.

Same here, not for me. Ended up shipping them over to Strato. Much too bulky for my tastes.

I have a few pairs of these but rarely use them lately.

I don't personally like my NG-2 knuckle guards. I just find them too bulky when combined with wraps. I also haven't had any knuckle pain since I stopped using my TUFF gloves...go figure.
Same here, not for me. Ended up shipping them over to Strato. Much too bulky for my tastes.
Same here, I pretty much hate them.

Add me too that list. They're even more bulkier for me since I only wrap my hands in gauze. I used them for about a week when my Ringside IMFs needed breaking in, then I stopped using them completely. They're still collecting dust in my closet.

I love them. They save my knuckles! The only problem is that it's uncomfortable in a lot of gloves because the hand compartment of most gloves don't account for them.

Same here, I pretty much hate them.

Haha, that's pretty much where I'm at too, was just reluctant to use such strong wording. I wore them like 3 times and thought they were awful. Bulky, uncomfortable, and deformed the striking surface of the glove on most of the ones I tried.

Yeah he did :). Although it's hard finding an applicable application for me personally. I know other people that I loan them to and they use them in titles and ringside gloves. Some love it, most are just meh, others are like get this thing off me.

I love them. They save my knuckles! The only problem is that it's uncomfortable in a lot of gloves because the hand compartment of most gloves don't account for them.

pretty much this, I have at least 7 pairs of gloves that won't accommodate the ng2.

my winnings have the room but I don't need the ng2 if I wear winnings.

pretty much this, I have at least 7 pairs of gloves that won't accommodate the ng2.

my winnings have the room but I don't need the ng2 if I wear winnings.

I swear, I'm thinking of buying the tokushu plus just to use these even though I dislike the padding. I have a pair of tokushu's already. These will fit but the hand is scrunched in there and really uncomfortable/painful. I've also tried using only one of the le roy's to accomodate it. It works but I have very little hand wrap on.

I am not a fan of the tokushu padding. To me, it bottoms out too much. My preference is Ringside's IMF padding.

Anyone know how big the hand compartment is of the XL Heritage bag gloves? I know the Ringside IMF's run small.

I swear, I'm thinking of buying the tokushu plus just to use these even though I dislike the padding. I have a pair of tokushu's already. These will fit but the hand is scrunched in there and really uncomfortable/painful. I've also tried using only one of the le roy's to accomodate it. It works but I have very little hand wrap on.

I am not a fan of the tokushu padding. To me, it bottoms out too much. My preference is Ringside's IMF padding.

Anyone know how big the hand compartment is of the XL Heritage bag gloves? I know the Ringside IMF's run small.

Buying new gloves just to use ng2s seems extreme but I guess if you have hand problems you have to do what you have to do to get good protection.

Now I'm thinking....maybe I should dump my winnings as I can't help but feel they are a bit big in the hand compartment for me...

Add me to the "unimpressed by NG-2" list too please.

I find my Combat Sports GEL Knuckle Guards a lot better fitting and even more protective. After hearing about the NG-2 for so long on here, I was sorely disappointed.

EDIT: Going to try StRatoCastR's wrapping technique to see if it helps the NG-2s sit over the knuckles any better, and check back in if there's any change.

Last edited:
Back