Wins against lower weight classes are less impressive.

whittaker and strickland used to fight at 170
poirier used to be at 145

now they are at the top of their divisions. beating strickland at 185 is more impressive than a meathead like costa.

that's why Islam defeating Volkanovski should not have affected the P4P rankings. Islam would need to fight Leon Edwards for that. That's why P4P was even conceived

P4P was conceived to argue which guy would win if they were the same size. Volk and Islam were roughly the same size in their first fight so it should have affectrd the P4P rankings. To say otherwise seems silly

Volk is an all time great and islam beat him twice, put some respect on his name

Is Islam’s wins over Charles and hooker less impressive cause they were featherweights at one point

Volk is an all time great at his actual weightclass, not in the weightclass Makachev beat him in. The point of this thread went over your head.

P4P was conceived to argue which guy would win if they were the same size. Volk and Islam were roughly the same size in their first fight so it should have affectrd the P4P rankings. To say otherwise seems silly
extending the idea further, suppose Charles Oliveira and Arman Tsarukyan also fought and defeated Volkanovski at 155. Would they both also be top P4P fighters? How the heck did Volkanovski get so high up in the P4P??

extending the idea further, suppose Charles Oliveira and Arman Tsarukyan also fought and defeated Volkanovski at 155. Would they both also be top P4P fighters? How the heck did Volkanovski get so high up in the P4P??

I think they would've risen on the list and Volk would've fallen in your scenario. What we actually had though was number 1 fighting number 2 in the same weight class so it's my opinion they should've switched spots. I don't see how you could argue against that fight affecting the P4P rankings

I mean, yeah. Not that controversial.

But I agree with Chael on this one. The weight class below you is always the hardest to compete against imo -- because especially when the divisions are 10lbs apart. They're faster than you, but you aren't that much bigger or stronger.

Volk is an all time great and islam beat him twice, put some respect on his name

Is Islam’s wins over Charles and hooker less impressive cause they were featherweights at one point

No, but it's because they have proved themselves at 155. Volk hasn't.

Water is wet, want to create a thread about that TS?

Got nearly finished in the first fight and then beat a washed chubby no camp Volk. Islam is not as good as people think he is. He'll beat Porrier and people will go crazy as though that wasn't a handpicked match for him

But so are wins against fat guys
So it evens out I guess

That and he won fights at open weight. Losing a decision to machida is impressive given the size difference. Machida weighed it at 225 for that fight. BJ Penn gets remembered for the way his career ended to often.
BJ also lost to Frankie and Jens, both of whom were small. He just matched up well with Hughes, and Lyoto was a defensive decision machine. BJ gets too much credit for that loss to machida.

So when khabib beat Conrat and Dustin he weight bullied them. They had fought prior at a lighter weight. And they were too of his best wins. I agree. They went up a division. Khabib did not.

Calling out a lower weight guy to come up to you is always lame.

Lose the weight yourself if you want to fight them so bad.
didnt you say once that Khabib was a pussy cos he wanted GSP to fight at LW?

You know, when GSP was aiming at a 3rd belt and was eyeing off LW and even did a test weight cut and Khabib said ' come and get it then' Im paraphrasing of course.
And your felching mate who liked your post @Conan the K-9 , Im sure you have said something similar too.
I hope not, Id hate you both to look like hating hyprocrites

didnt you say once that Khabib was a pussy cos he wanted GSP to fight at LW?

You know, when GSP was aiming at a 3rd belt and was eyeing off LW and even did a test weight cut and Khabib said ' come and get it then' Im paraphrasing of course.
And your felching mate who liked your post @Conan the K-9 , Im sure you have said something similar too.
I hope not, Id hate you both to look like hating hyprocrites
Your example is kinda weird as tiramisu-khabib was in a state almost needing a test weight cut him self.
I don’t know what your intention was when tagging me, just seeking for some beef or what?
Imo in general if you call out a fighter from an another weight class, then you should fight in their weight class and not the other way around.

Charles, no. Even as a fan, Hooker isn't that impressive of a win. Dude kind of comes up short anywhere he can.

Back