WMMA Discussion #29

Octagon (with a “c”) 57 early tomorrow has Han Guangmei taking on undefeated Ayan Tursyn:

Oktagon (with a “k”) 56 on Saturday has Megan Morris vs Aitana Alvarez free on YouTube as the early prelim bout:
IMG_8228.jpeg

I sponsored Alvarez for this bout. I feel like 2024 is gonna be a big year for her.

Friday April 19, 2024

[MMA] Octagon 57 Almaty, Kazakhstan
Main Card – YouTube – 9:00am ET / 6:00am PT
Monika Kiran Ghag vs. Ayan Tursyn

[MUAY THAI] Fairtex Fight Thailand
Main Card – YouTube – 11:00pm ET / 8:00pm PT

Saturday April 20

[MMA] Shuriken Fight Series 17 Auckland, New Zealand
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 4:30am ET / 1:30am PT
Gina Gee vs. Gase Sanita
Preliminary Card – CSN.Watch – 1:20am ET / 10:20pm PT

[MMA] OKTAGON 56: Aby vs. Creasey Birmingham, England, UK
Main Card – iPPV (OKTAGON.TV) / DAZN – 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT
Megan Morris vs. Aitana Álvarez

Sunday April 23

[MMA] Levels Fight League 12 Amsterdam, Netherlands
Main Card – YouTube – 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT
Benita van Rooij vs. Laida Flocea

[MMA] Fury FC 89: Richardson vs. Aswell Houston, Texas, USA
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 5:30pm ET / 2:30pm PT
Cara Greenwell vs. Carsyn Nash
Preliminary Card – YouTube – 2:30pm ET / 11:30am PT

more: https://grabakahitman.com/

@leto1776 's hitwoman with a comfortable win in Oktagon (featuring a double AC/DC walkout from both fighters!), I saw she was an underdog and knew that WMMA$cene funding wasn't going to waste so put a bet on her and won some free food 'n' booze money.
<{1-14}> <JennieThumbsUp>

From a Just Bleed perspective I would have liked it if she separated more to strike from space especially in round 3, she was outclassing her opponent more and more there and could have melted her in the 3rd if she let them handz fly to chase a finish, but you can't really blame someone too much for taking a comfy W.
<{JustBleed}>
What has you expecting big things for Aitana this year, LeTo?

Sofiia Bagishvili stepped up on short notice against Monika Kucinic at Brave CF in a very fun fight. Thought Sofiia had it done in the first.
https://www.reddit.com/r/WMMA/s/FMOvrfEST9

What has you expecting big things for Aitana this year, LeTo?
A couple things: she’s training pretty much full time in Sweden now, with training partners like Knutsson and Ivana Petrovic.
Also, her attitude. I’ve talked to her a lot, and she has a good head on her shoulders. She’s open to honest criticism, which is unlike so many fighters. When she lost a decision in Combate she thought she won, she asked me to review her fight, and I told her I thought she lost, and why, and she appreciated it my honesty.
I believe Oktagon told her if she gets two wins, they’ll give her a title fight.

Emi Fujino has her first defense of the Shooto Strawweight title set:

During the round Robin “Infinity League” tournament to crown the inaugural champion, these two fought to a majority draw. Not sure who the dissenting judge was in favor of.

Kraft (5-1) vs Carmona (5-2)

Dakota Ditcheva (11-0) vs Chelsea Hackett (4-2-1)
PFL again giving Ditcheva a fairly easy matchup. Hackett’ a good on the feet, but her ground game is still wanting. Also giving Ditcheva someone coming off a loss.

Last edited:

Kraft (5-1) vs Carmona (5-2)

Dakota Ditcheva (11-0) vs Chelsea Hackett (4-2-1)
PFL again giving Ditcheva a fairly easy matchup. Hackett’ a good on the feet, but her ground game is still wanting. Also giving Ditcheva someone coming off a loss.

I'll make you even more upset

GL0HdAEW8AAKC8q

I'll make you even more upset

GL0HdAEW8AAKC8q
Yep
IMG_8239.jpeg

PFL doesn’t even try to hide their favoritism. Ditcheva is the only 1st round winner facing a loser. Every other winner faces a winner, every other loser faces a loser. Disgusting.

In other news, a lot of announcements for Asian wmma, starting with Road to UFC matchups becoming official:

Aside from the Strawweight matchups (click the arrow on the pics), there are two non tournament Strawweight bouts, as well. Lisa Kyriacou vs Yan Qihui is particularly interesting.

Chinese promotions are starting to copromote with outsiders:

IMG_8240.jpeg

Haruka Hasegawa, AKA S.A.L.T, is/was the strawweight Queen of Pancrase. No idea if she still is, as this is her second straight fight for Shooto

Emi Fujino has her first defense of the Shooto Strawweight title set:

During the round Robin “Infinity League” tournament to crown the inaugural champion, these two fought to a majority draw. Not sure who the dissenting judge was in favor of.

according to the myth, whoever beats fujino gets signed to the ufc...

according to the myth, whoever beats fujino gets signed to the ufc...

Lol Sugimoto is old and a mostly grinder so I doubt it, but that was a real thing at one point. Fujino had a stretch where she only lost to Jag, Mizuki, Vivi, and then Weili Zhang. She might have been a top 10 strawweight in 2015ish? Who knows.

i am rewatching all of liang na's ufc fights - they're great! hates judges, never in a boring fight - never cut her!! in fact, match her up with polyana viana or mariya agapova next pls

also i am giving her a good chance this weekend :)

I agree her fights are always great and there's always a finish! 💥🤩💥

although it's always her being finished... before the halfway point... so I'm not sure I give her that good of a chance. :(

(It's also fairly odd to me she went up to 125 since she's not exactly physically strong looking... I Wanna Petrock seems quite big for 125 too... Petrock also beat similar (but much better) fighters in similar ways in the past eg. her fight with Wozniak... and she's trained with CRO COP for this one... so yeah)

so if (when) she loses she'll be 0-4 and cut but the idea of her making her fight Agapova is an excellent one, even if they both lose and are on the cutting block UFC should definitely book it, they should even make it an Apex headliner just to troll everyone and bill it as the 'ultimate crackhead battle' (not that I think Na is on crack but she fights like it)
<{JustBleed}>

Back