International Women working in Antarctica say they were left to fend for themselves against sexual harassers

I can't say I'm surprised. The planet is filled with creeps.

My thread got moved to the wasteland a while back for questioning the lack of common sense women have. Working in a predominately rugged male environment is never a good idea and stories like these always happen to be in one.

There are also those that go home alone from the city at 1am and there’s one that hangs out with scumbags despite fully knowing well they’re scumbags (see Hollywood controversy).

So, I do wonder if they really have common sense or not…
Why the emphasis on the word rugged?

Scummy dudes come in all shapes, sizes, interests, and employment fields.

Surely, these guys in question are white collar educated guys that have taken a plethora of HR training in regards to harassment.

Some people are just douches. So, why were they choose for this particular position?

Different culture hard to judge

In all seriousness
Few of my mates worked there and had to undergo psychological evaluation beforehand.

So I'm assuming those accused here are probably Inuit types.

Who regularly kidnap wives as part of their culture.

Not surprising really is it.

I had a friend who worked for a summer at an Antarctic science station... she said it was basically one big orgy.

Makes you start to see why every successful society in the past adopted the behavior of separating the jobs and activities between the sexes... bad for productivity.

Isolated working environments such as this or similar (oil rigs, mines) have always been tough places to work. The men were hard as nails as they had to fend for themselves and couldn't run to HR or local police. My grandad took a wrench to some fruit who tried it on with him when served in the navy on WW2

Women entering these work spaces are learning what men have had to fight against for centuries.

The guys on the oil rigs aren't trying to rape you. It's a tough place to work because of the work... not because the other humans there are trying to bust your cheeks. Usually it's literally the opposite and there's good camaraderie between the guys. It's just a fact that these women are facing a set of challenges that men just won't experience: tough work AND your coworkers are trying to hurt you. You're basically arguing that a featherweight should be able to handle a heavyweight trying to rape him with no issues at all, and it's a character flaw if they fail to do so. It's literally a physical strength disadvantage and no amount of willpower can get around that.

I liked for the Lego set. TS always delivers.

The guys on the oil rigs aren't trying to rape you. It's a tough place to work because of the work... not because the other humans there are trying to bust your cheeks. Usually it's literally the opposite and there's good camaraderie between the guys. It's just a fact that these women are facing a set of challenges that men just won't experience: tough work AND your coworkers are trying to hurt you. You're basically arguing that a featherweight should be able to handle a heavyweight trying to rape him with no issues at all, and it's a character flaw if they fail to do so. It's literally a physical strength disadvantage and no amount of willpower can get around that.

Way to miss the point.

Lol at people saying it's the woman's fault for being there. Some of you must be a real hit with the ladies.

<36>

I have so many opinions on this story.

Give the thread a read, bud. Don't pretend to be clueless.
I found one post where someone questioned whether women who get into these situations have common sense. The rest I see are people saying of course some psycho would find a way to be placed into a job like this where they could take advantage.

I found one post where someone questioned whether women who get into these situations have common sense. The rest I see are people saying of course some psycho would find a way to be placed into a job like this where they could take advantage.

Keep looking champ. There are a few more. You even responded to one with a humorous post of your own. You should ask why you seem to be bothered my statement.

Anyways, this is your issue and I sure as hell won't spend another second thinking about it.

Back