woodley would absolutely smash mcgregor

I am not educated, huh? I have a phd and masters degree from UCLA, and a BA from Cornell. I teach at two universities, and have published several texts across peer reviewed academic journals. I have been following the sport since 1999, and have trained BJJ and boxing.

So now, let us hear your educational credentials, "my boy".

You said I made a baselesss true claim and an insult. But I didn't make two claims, I made one, conditional claim. The antecedents of asserted conditional statements are unasserted components of those conditionals. And the antecedent of my conditional was "If you believe that Tyron and Eddie are not far apart in size...". Of course that is true, but that's not what you mean.

What you want to claim is that the highlighted part is true, that my conditional implied that Tyron and Eddie were not similar in size, and that I never provided evidence for the latter claim.

You speculated that the weight range between Eddie and Tyron was between 10lbs and 15lbs "on a good day". So your upper bound is 15lbs.

Eddie says:
"I come into camps around 186 pounds. ... I'm not going to listen to somebody from the outside tell me what weight I should be fighting at."
http://www.espn.com/blog/mma/post/_...s-dana-white-encouraged-move-to-featherweight

Tyron says:
"I walk at around 205lbs"

They are both a comparably lean 5"9. That 19lbs of a difference pre-camp, which is already 4lbs more than your upper bound suggests, and a 9lbs more than your lower bound. Which means you were wrong. If you want to pretend that 19lbs of difference in weight is negligible, then be my guest, but I'm done here.

Now, Conor is said to walk at around 170lbs or even under off camp, which would make him a whooping 35lbs smaller than Woodley off camp.

I have wasted enough time with you. Bye.

iu

Conor has fought the vast majority of his career at FW. Woodley would never in a million years make LW, let alone FW. In other words, no shit.

Till is bigger and stronger and a striker like Conor yet couldnt lay a glove on Woodley so yeah, Conman would get his shit pushed in.

Conor is a legit icon...big ups to him for all his well-deserved success...first tound KO incoming...T-Wood decides he WANTS,ti be D-1 Wood???

Well, then he simply mauls Conor. Think Blanca vs Dhslsim...

This fight shouldn't ever be sanctioned lol

Till tried to strike with Woodley. He used the same combo Conor likes to throw, lead uppercut/left straight and got dropped hard. He's a younger, taller, and more experienced striker than Conor with a 44-0 Muay Thai record. Both southpaws.

It wouldn't even be competitive if they fought.

I am not educated, huh? I have a phd and masters degree from UCLA, and a BA from Cornell. I teach at two universities, and have published several texts across peer reviewed academic journals. I have been following the sport since 1999, and have trained BJJ and boxing.

So now, let us hear your educational credentials, "my boy".

You said I made a baselesss true claim and an insult. But I didn't make two claims, I made one, conditional claim. The antecedents of asserted conditional statements are unasserted components of those conditionals. And the antecedent of my conditional was "If you believe that Tyron and Eddie are not far apart in size...". Of course that is true, but that's not what you mean.

What you want to claim is that the highlighted part is true, that my conditional implied that Tyron and Eddie were not similar in size, and that I never provided evidence for the latter claim.

You speculated that the weight range between Eddie and Tyron was between 10lbs and 15lbs "on a good day". So your upper bound is 15lbs.

Eddie says:
"I come into camps around 186 pounds. ... I'm not going to listen to somebody from the outside tell me what weight I should be fighting at."
http://www.espn.com/blog/mma/post/_...s-dana-white-encouraged-move-to-featherweight

Tyron says:
"I walk at around 205lbs"

They are both a comparably lean 5"9. That 19lbs of a difference pre-camp, which is already 4lbs more than your upper bound suggests, and a 9lbs more than your lower bound. Which means you were wrong. If you want to pretend that 19lbs of difference in weight is negligible, then be my guest, but I'm done here.

Now, Conor is said to walk at around 170lbs or even under off camp, which would make him a whooping 35lbs smaller than Woodley off camp.

I have wasted enough time with you. Bye.

Great post, unfortunately you wasted it on that complete water head. The rest of your very well created response aside.

There is no way conor is under 170 out of camp. Lockhart arrived in Dublin last week. It wouldn’t make sense to pay him as much as he makes if Conor was less than 170 right now. They just wouldn’t need him to lose 15 lbs in 4 weeks with how active a training camp is. A monkey could manage a cut like that. I could be wrong, but I’m believe Conor is more than 170 right now, and walks well north of 180.

Great post, unfortunately you wasted it on that complete water head. The rest of your very well created response aside.

There is no way conor is under 170 out of camp. Lockhart arrived in Dublin last week. It wouldn’t make sense to pay him as much as he makes if Conor was less than 170 right now. They just wouldn’t need him to lose 15 lbs in 4 weeks with how active a training camp is. A monkey could manage a cut like that. I could be wrong, but I’m believe Conor is more than 170 right now, and walks well north of 180.

I remember Cavannagh himself saying he walks around 170lbs a while ago, but it makes good sense he has gained considerable solid mass. I doubt he is over 180lbs-184lbs, though. My guess would be around 180lbs these days. Remember he weighed in at 168 against Diaz at 202, and though he was far leaner than at 196, he was still visibly carrying a lot of water weight and fat. He would be quite bloated. Still, the difference with Woodley is quite considerable.

I remember Cavannagh himself saying he walks around 170lbs a while ago, but it makes good sense he has gained considerable solid mass. I doubt he is over 180lbs-184lbs, though. My guess would be around 180lbs these days. Remember he weighed in at 168 against Diaz at 202, and though he was far leaner than at 196, he was still visibly carrying a lot of water weight and fat. He would be quite bloated. Still, the difference with Woodley is quite considerable.

One of Conor’s coaches claimed he weighed 178 the week of the Diaz fight. I believe it was the first one. I’m looking for the article. His coaches do tend to be all over the place with what they say about his weight.

Stop fighting guys. We are all Sherdog friends we are all fans we should be excited together for this amazing fight that is going to happen next month.

Yeah well Jon Jones would smash Kelvin.

Woodley would beat the dogshit out of Conor. Conor had trouble with Nate's strength in the clinch and Nate is a fucking LW who I love btw but who is WAY less strong and imposing in the clinch than Tyron.

Conor would get stiffened up harder than Jon Jones on Dick Pills

Mcgregor had problems with Diaz who is a runt of a 170er. Mcgregor wouldn't be able to stop the clinch takedowns like Till did. Striking wise it would be odd since they are both counterstrikers.

He would do better than Till.

And when's the last time T-Wood has faced a striker like McG? The answer is: Never!

Based on that I've got Conor as a slight favorite in this particular match up. All it takes for him to win is land ONE left hand.
Lmao

You couldn't create a fighter in a lab more suited to destroying Khabib than Woodley

WW Aldo! Woodely tends to back straight into the cage, which is not good against Khabb. I would favor Woodely, but he is far from the perfect fighter to beat Khabib. Prime GSP matches up better too

after thompson fight : boring... one fight later : he`s the best eva

My claim was "if you think Eddie is even close to the same size as Woodley, then you don't know what you are talking about."

You just said that my claim was true. Which entails you endorse the conditional, since that was my claim. If the conditional is true, then if the antecedent of the conditional is true, then the consequent is true.

You also claimed that "Tyron isn't vastly bigger than Edward", which is the antecedent of my conditional. Which means you also think the antecedent of the conditional is true.

Since you endorse the conditional and the antecedent, then the consequent follows. Namely, that you don't know what you are talking about, and so that you agree that you don't know what you are talking about. So thanks.

You should do yourself a service and stop arguing with educated people.

Well technically you're correct as a fan of words and writing myself though I have to say less is more, espesially on an MMA message board. Being overly convoluted has 1 of 2 effects. It either makes you look like an annoying blowhard or it makes you look like someone who grabbed a thesaurus to over compensate and appear more intelligent in a response to someone you perseve as an intellectual threat.

Either way only about 20 people on here are capable of actually following and understanding your post.

Back