Would Charles Walk Down Khabib or Islam The Same Way He Has Everyone Else?

Khabib vs oliveira would look like fedor vs nogueira.
Afraid not. Did you actually watch all of the fights with those two? Fedor won two because he could hold Nog down AND had an advantage on the feet (which ummm, I'm afraid Khabib doesn't have, just the opposite). In second fight which ended in a no contest, Nog was doing much better on the ground, so Fedor strategized in the third fight and kept it standing a lot (which Khabib could not do because he would get tooled standing). We also don't know that Khabib could avoid Chalres's subs or avoid getting rolled with them like Fedor did, that is an apples and oranges comparison.

The only reason Khabib could maintain in the standup against guys like Dustin and Justin is that they were afraid of getting taken down, and Charles would have no such fears. Khabib has the appearance of invincibility because he never faced a truly tough stylistic matchup, which is exactly what Charles would be,

we really dont know. No opponent of Khabib can compare. Charles has a much better ground game than all of Khabibs opponents.
Khabib's ground game is also better than anyone Oliveira has faced, and definitely at a completely different level compared to the three people who has submitted Oliveira.

werdum-fedor.gif

Not always
One single example, vs a 4 time BJJ world champion. Hardly comparable to Charles now is it.

I think Charles reached the end point here and by now will have an unfavorable matchup against Islam. So I don't think he will walk down Islam and he will lose to Islam. Let's not forget that Charles did nothing against Chandler on the ground.

Khabib's ground game is also better than anyone Oliveira has faced, and definitely at a completely different level compared to the three people who has submitted Oliveira.
You have been around the sport too long for silly MMAth. Charles hasn't lost in nearly 5 years, has won 11 in a row with 10 finishes against the best in the division. It is silly to mention those old fights as if they mean anything (that's like when Anderson was in his prime and people were still talking about him losing to small Japanese men in Pride, that is goofy);l he is s a different fighter than he was then Yeah, Charles has never fought a grappler as good as Khabib, and let's not leave out the reverse- Khabib has never had to fight the kind of stylistic matchup that Charles poses.

Ah, yes, one single example. Good job there champ. Not to mention that Werdum is a 4 time world champion. Charles, is not.
This is MMA/UFC, where Charles has more submissions than Werdum or anyone else. Who cares what he did in tournament matches.

No. His forward movement will play right into the hands of Khabib/Islam.

This is MMA/UFC, where Charles has more submissions than Werdum or anyone else. Who cares what he did in tournament matches.
Missing the point there bud. BJJ credentials matter when it comes to how good of a grappler you are. And multiple world championship titles definitely matter. Werdums BJJ > Oliveiras. End of story.

I'm sure he has, but at no point in his career would Khabib get submitted by either of them so.

Khabib is used to wrestling bears, he’d be wrestling an anaconda when fighting Oliveira!

Nurmagomedov's retirement is the answer to your question.

Oliveira was only ranked #5 at the time of Khabib's retirement, & that was after he beat Kevin Lee (a guy who had lost 2 of his last 3 fights before fighting Oliveira, & whom would be released 1 fight later). Its not like Oliveira was the longtime #1 ranked contender whom Khabib avoided

Yes because he is not afraid of being taken down by anyone.

They also win more than the entire top 15 combined ... multiple times over.
And don't lose as much either.
charles already has more top 5 wins than khabib+islam combined.

Yes.

I’ve seen nothing that makes me think he will go away from heavy pressure.

I’ll be curious to see if I’m wrong.

Yes. I think he walks them down. Ain’t nothing scary for him. He’s a zombie man. Knock down or not he’s gonna come back and win the fight.

charles already has more top 5 wins than khabib+islam combined.

Me and that guy were talking about the top 15, not Charles.
Way to fly in with Charles' defense though.

I don’t know, man. Oliveira has the Jiu Jitsu!

Imagine Khabib fighting someone like Damien Maia … you can’t just blindly go wrestling guys like these.
Islam has controlled a better BJJ fighter than Charles. There were a few people that Charles fought that were doing better on the ground than him. Islam or Khabib will have no problem to take him down and be on the ground with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sosadus
Back