Would GSP look like Lawler and Woodley if he returned?

no he would look like he just stepped off the alien mothership to collect more belts

giphy-downsized-large.gif

How did you get your licence sir?

He's always training and looked fit in that one picture released of him. Hopefully he stays at 170 or he meets Khabib at 165 if they do fight.

He still looked like a top fighter but that fight was very competitive, GSP seemed to be getting a bit fatigued if that fight went to a decision Bisping could of pulled of the last few rounds. He looked a bit bloated to be fighting at 185lb so that couldn't have helped.

I don't think GSP's chances against Usman or Colby at this stage of his career, he'd have enough ability to have his moments but his agility and strength wouldn't be what it was. Don't know why people are so set on him coming back, no one wants to see a perfect retirement.

It's mostly just the haters. They want him to lose so badly it keeps them up at night. Even if he comes back and beats Khabib they will call him a duck for not fighting someone else.

He still looked like a top fighter but that fight was very competitive, GSP seemed to be getting a bit fatigued if that fight went to a decision Bisping could of pulled of the last few rounds. He looked a bit bloated to be fighting at 185lb so that couldn't have helped.

I don't think GSP's chances against Usman or Colby at this stage of his career, he'd have enough ability to have his moments but his agility and strength wouldn't be what it was. Don't know why people are so set on him coming back, no one wants to see a perfect retirement.
I dont want to see him come back either, stay retired and let his legend live on. Fedor should have done the same...

He looked solid when he beat bisping after being retired a while. He probably still would since he hasn’t been fighting. Age isn’t as much of a factor as wear and tear from fighting.
Exactly. I actually thought he flowed a lot better and seemed less cautious when he fought Bisping. It was a good performance from GSP.

Looked good a couple years ago. Even Rogan said it might have been the best GSP we’ve ever seen.
"even joe rogan said" lmfao what a beta. rogan also said rousey could beat male bws, guessing u believe that to be true aswell

Maybe a bit gun shy. But he's just so talented that his wrestling and control are always an option if he's finding difficult pulling the trigger

Age is a real thing, but if anybody encompasses all the aspects of being a disciplined martial artist its gsp

However there is no way an inactive 40 year old will be the same. It's literally physiologically impossible

he took what, 4 years off and came back at MW and beat Bisping (Bisping was his best chance to get a win at 185 in my opinion).

I don't like his chances against Unman or Colby...but I can see him getting the decision. He seems smaller now, which would be better suited against Khabib. I think he can beat Khabib because he is phenomenal at wrestling and has that awesome quick jab he can throw against Khabib.

Although I think he should stay retired and ride off in the sunset, there is a part of me that would love nothing more to see him come back and get the LW belt.

no. GSP is not delusional like Woodley and is much more scientific in his approach than Lawler. just like Mayweather, GSP is much more in tune with his abilities and knows when to hold'em and knows when to fold'em. it's the whole reason why he fought Bisping and dodged the rest of the MW division. he knew, Bisping was beatable for him but not any of the other guys.

if he felt his body wasn't good enough to beat guys like Khabib, he wouldn't ask for it. that's one of the pros for being a smart fighter compared to "i'll fight'em all" type of guys.

Reactions: lsa
GSP won't return until another weakish fighter is champ.

Cherry-picked Bisping.

Hard to tell. The only way to know for sure is for him to come back. But if I were him I probably wouldn't risk it. He went out on his own terms on a win streak, unlike several other champs, so I'd say enjoy his retirement. Plus one more year and his layoff since the Bisping fight will be as long as his layoff was between the Hendricks and Bisping fights. That's a lot of time off, no matter how good you are.

Thats what is great about Georges. He didnt go down on his shield. He holds the hype of being a potential contender still until he gets smashed. But he will never take a non favorable match, because he worries about what haters think too much. To be fair though, he fought all comers when he was champ.
Why should he take a non favorable matchup? He is 40 yrs old.

No, neither would Ali, Tyson, Hughes, Fedor, Arlovski, Sylvia, Coutute, Liddell etc

he defined the past, and he defined it for a reason, he ruled his fight game from start to finish regardless weight-class.

Anderson can eat a bag of dicks, GSP NEVER fell off. Anderson defined what makes a champ, George proved age beats lucky champs like Bisping.

any other champ I’d worry for George. Bisping is a modern day Biden argumentatively, he hasn’t accomplished anything but he’s stood close to greatness, except that one time.

Last edited:
Gsp was never a guy who pulled the trigger since the Serra fight. If you mean laying and praying then maybe yes

Back