Would Jones be the favorite over Gane today?

totally agree

Even casuals are saying things to me like ‘Jon is a bitch ass :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:‘ & ‘that dude (Jon) is a fucking duck / coward / liar’
I really hope he takes the fight. I want to see it and see him try and be double champ. But I did see this situation turning out this way right when Ngannou won, I know Jon wanted Stipe to win because he feels he matches up well with Stipe. Current Ngannou, he may not feel as confident and that's what is holding him back from accepting the fight at the moment. For months it was promoted that Jones would be challenging the winner, so it's not speculation from fans/media. All the money talk could've been discussed privately. He should have challenged Ngannou right away since everyone already knew he is supposed to be next up. The added terms right when Ngannou wins the belt isn't a good look.

Pull up Ganes mma record. Now pull up Jones. Now hang your head in shame and delete this cringeworthy post.
Sure, Jones has that over him
But his out of prime, has a good deal of mileage already and is moving up a weight class to fight a bigger stronger yet very technical guy

I've only seen one Gane fight so I can't say for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if Jones were the underdog. Probably wouldn't be though

Ciryl Gane would be a great fight for Jones.
"Bon Gamin" has shown that he can go 5 rounds no problems, but we knew that he had a good gas tant from his muay thai bouts.

For some reason, since Gane didn't KTFO of Roz, he's now perceived as pillow hand on Sherdog... after what Roz did to Overeem at the last second of their fight (and AO was up up on all three judges' scorecards) I don't fault Gane for fighting smart.

Against Jones... but it wouldn't be the juiced to the gills UberBones who showed up in his rematches against DC and Gus, would it?
His first time at HW, Gane would be a great test.

He's not the champ, but he's someone would would likely get a title eliminator next, while N'Gannou and Miocic are both taking a break.
If he smashes Jon, and Jones looks like he did when he fought Santos & Reyes but just with some fat on top... aside from making sherdoggers the happiest we've been since Conor vs Poirier 2, you know that the argument that:

"Gane cherry-picks an obviously out of his prime JJ, I mean look at his last 3 fights, the signs were there for all to see... someone who's never fought at HW before and you want him to get a TITLE SHOT?? I guess DC should have asked for a title shot after beating the corpe of Anderson on 2 days notice, but he was already champ."

will become popular.

Whoever beats JJ first at HW, hid credit for doing so wouldn't last long after Jones "reveals" that he didn't even train once, and was smoking crack in the locker room while drinking Proper 12.
Lots of McGregor fans/Khabib hater defend him and excuse his loss, like he legit had a staph infection or something... "Now Conor 2.0, that's a different animal! See what he did to Cowboy's corpse? GOAT shit"

In short
GO GANE <GinJuice>ALLEZ BON GAMIN
We haven't had a French UFC champ since GSP and Randy Couture retired, well I guess N'Gannou has the French nationality, and he used to walk to the octagon with a French flag and a Cameroon one.

The French can claim him I guess, it's not so different from Robert Whittaker and Australia, or Sexyama and Japan (except that Japanese fans didn't like him because he bla- Korean, so bad example), or Cain Velasquez and the US (well he wasn't even born in BROWN PRIDE country and was at a disadvantage in Mexico against Brazilian GOAT Fabricio Werdum)

All of this crap to say, I'm waiting to see some recent pictures of Jon and for him to piss clean before I get pumped about all those crazy match-ups waiting for him.
If Jones is still the same as vs Reyes, and Ciryl is still the same as vs Roz, then Gane FTW <{cum@me}>

Very familiar with Gane, and he bears the closest resemblance to a young Jon Jones than any fighter that has made their UFC debut in the last ten years.

Gane has an extremely high fight iq, extremely athletic, best cardio at HW, best chin at HW (thus far, it should be tested against Derrick Lewis). The knock on him is that he does not have a lot of knockout power, but not a single one of his opponents are stepping forward to trade with him so he clearly hits hard enough to have their respect.

His footwork though is his best asset, because it leaves his opponents guessing what angle he is going to come at them from, and allows him to cutoff the cage; constantly in motion he stands his ground and is not backing up.

But Jon is much more experienced than him, relies on his cardio, athleticism, range to get the job done. Both of these guys love the oblique kick. I would favor Gane over Jon because I do think he would potentially not respect Ganes power and find himself in a situation where Gane has him hurt and takes him down and submits him. But its absolutely a winnable fight for Jon, if he fights intelligently he could exploit Cyrils inexperience and submit him or outpoint him.

I would favor Gane over any top 10 HW except Blaydes, including Francis (the two were sparring partners he has felt Francis' power before). He should fight Lewis though before fighting for the belt so his chin can truly be tested.

No one that has not watched all of Ganes UFC fights (and there are only five of them), should be talking down the guys chances, one or two of his fights (especially the last two) do not accurately depict the true range of his skills. If I had only seen Ganes last two UFC fights I would also not think the guy offers anything special, but he is 100% the real deal.

Last edited:
"Bon Gamin" has shown that he can go 5 rounds no problems, but we knew that he had a good gas tant from his muay thai bouts.

For some reason, since Gane didn't KTFO of Roz, he's now perceived as pillow hand on Sherdog... after what Roz did to Overeem at the last second of their fight (and AO was up up on all three judges' scorecards) I don't fault Gane for fighting smart.

Against Jones... but it wouldn't be the juiced to the gills UberBones who showed up in his rematches against DC and Gus, would it?

He's not the champ, but he's someone would would likely get a title eliminator next, while N'Gannou and Miocic are both taking a break.
If he smashes Jon, and Jones looks like he did when he fought Santos & Reyes but just with some fat on top... aside from making sherdoggers the happiest we've been since Conor vs Poirier 2, you know that the argument that:

"Gane cherry-picks an obviously out of his prime JJ, I mean look at his last 3 fights, the signs were there for all to see... someone who's never fought at HW before and you want him to get a TITLE SHOT?? I guess DC should have asked for a title shot after beating the corpe of Anderson on 2 days notice, but he was already champ."

will become popular.

Whoever beats JJ first at HW, hid credit for doing so wouldn't last long after Jones "reveals" that he didn't even train once, and was smoking crack in the locker room while drinking Proper 12.
Lots of McGregor fans/Khabib hater defend him and excuse his loss, like he legit had a staph infection or something... "Now Conor 2.0, that's a different animal! See what he did to Cowboy's corpse? GOAT shit"

In short
We haven't had a French UFC champ since GSP and Randy Couture retired, well I guess N'Gannou has the French nationality, and he used to walk to the octagon with a French flag and a Cameroon one.

The French can claim him I guess, it's not so different from Robert Whittaker and Australia, or Sexyama and Japan (except that Japanese fans didn't like him because he bla- Korean, so bad example), or Cain Velasquez and the US (well he wasn't even born in BROWN PRIDE country and was at a disadvantage in Mexico against Brazilian GOAT Fabricio Werdum)

All of this crap to say, I'm waiting to see some recent pictures of Jon and for him to piss clean before I get pumped about all those crazy match-ups waiting for him.
If Jones is still the same as vs Reyes, and Ciryl is still the same as vs Roz, then Gane FTW <{cum@me}>
You good man?

Jones would be the favorite over any human probably in any combat sport with 7 fights. Certainly in his own sport.

edit. and as far as gane pricing he can go 5. That’s. It a difficult task if your opponent is striking at you about 10 times a round. That’s just a sparring session. With no grappling. No work rate. Just. Tit for tat with nobody reciprocating. Jairzhino had the worst showing in a fight that could lead to a title shot ever. Worse than nganou vs Lewis and worse than Severn vs kimo. Jairzhino laid an egg.

and gane tapped him a lot more. Nothing impressive about it. One guy was in sparring mode. The other guy looked like he didn’t even want to fight.

Now I think so far Jones is the GOAT, but to be honest, he is already out of his prime, now, he is still good enough to be a extremely tough fight to everyone, but, I think this new breed of fresh Heavyweights could be too much for him right now.
Since it's not likely he's fighting Francis next, I'd say let him fight Gane to try to have a bigger leverage over the UFC to claim his worth. But I think Gane could be too big and technical at this point.
I don't think Jones would fight Gane. Ngannou I think is the only fight he's going to consider and he's going to expect a shit load of money to accept that. I don't think the UFC has a problem moving on from that fight and letting Ngannou face contenders. There really isn't a clear fight to make. I think Stipe deserves a rematch but he can't wait too long to get that. I don't see what changes he can make to win but he's proven me wrong before.

You good man?
I good man <RomeroSalute>

Jairzhino had the worst showing in a fight that could lead to a title shot ever. Worse than nganou vs Lewis and worse than Severn vs kimo. Jairzhino laid an egg.

and gane tapped him a lot more. Nothing impressive about it. One guy was in sparring mode. The other guy looked like he didn’t even want to fight.

Nothing impressive about spending 25 min outstriking a kickboxing champion who was 3-1 in his last 4, with KO wins over Arlovski, JDS and Overeem, and with one loss to current champ N'Gannou?

I don't think I had heard of the "Roz had the worst shoxing in his career/didn't want to be there" point of view before this post;
Couldn't it be that Ciryl simply made him look bad?

Roz is a veteran of 2 fighting sports, he's been doing this a very long time, and my b

Last edited:
I think Jones would be the favorite based on accomplishments, but i have Gane winning that fight against this (supposedly clean) version of Jones.
If Reyes (who's a good wrestler, but much smaller than Gane) can stop the takedown/get up from it, then i think Gane can too and on the feet, Gane is probably better than *anyone* Jones has ever faced, while also being WAY bigger than anyone Jones has ever faced.

will become popular.

In short

Ngannou has not the french nationality. He had just a titre de séjour

Gane is a nightmare matchup for Jones. He is clearly the bigger better athlete and superior striker and has tireless 5 round cardio. You really think Jones is gonna out-strike this guy? And you can forget about takedowns. Jones couldn't take down Reyes or Santos, he's not gonna take down a specimen like Gane.

Probably but idt Jones would win.

Gane is similar size to Jones (height and reach) but is a natural HW. He can also go 5 full rounds at HW.

There's many variables to HW Jones. How much slower is he, can he take a hit from a HW. His past performances have showed that he struggles with similar sized opponents.

IMO Jones is gonna get his ass beat in HW, unless he uses PEDs.
Francis, Gane, Stipe, Bladyes, Volkov are all around his size/reach but are HW's.

Ngannou has not the french nationality. He had just a titre de séjour
Aw, merde :( I had semi-recently checked out Francis séjour in France, to check if he had been at the MMA Factory at the same time as Ciryl Gane, and for how long...

I guess he just wore the French flag to pay homage to the people there who helped him out when he was at his lowest?

I wasn't 100% sure when I wrote it, as I sometimes confuse the different status for immigrants from Africa in various European countries.
I'm sure glad Francis made it in France, his travels to get there from Cameroon are like something out of a movie, and then meeting Fernand Lopez (through Didier Carmont ) who let him sleep at the gym and train for free...

And now the the UFC HW champ <mma4>

I sure hope that if one day (after both of them have won a couple more fights) we get N'Gannou vs Gane for the title, it will be at UFC Paris
You know that fat fuck Dana White will want to do better than Bellator...

If there is ONE historical event that could make GSP come back for one last fight for the memories, it would be the first UFC event en France.

And get Jérôme Le Banner in there too! For a one fight contract kind of deal... well, depending on how he does against Bombardier B52 on the 8th of May
(haven't been that excited for a freakshow since Ben Askren vs Jean-Jake Youtubeur)
1607513387_5fd0b52b5e5f0.jpg

Gane's zippy performances against strikers doesn't tell us anything about how he'd fare against Jones. His TDD is kind of an unknown

Back