Would St. George Pierre out wrestle the Dagastanis in UFC?

GSPs striking wasn’t impressive without the take down threat. The Jake shields fight is proof of that.
WTF are you talking about? GSP's striking is so good he outstruck Shields while blinded from eye gouges. He basically is a real life Frank Dux.
van-blood-sport.gif

Maybe name a Dagestani in particular? They're not one person. I don't think GSP could out wrestle Magomed Ankalaev at 205.

There aren't many Dagestanis who have fought at WW in the UFC. The best are Muslim Salikhov (striker) and Rustam Khabilov. GSP would handle both of those guys with relative ease. If you're referring to Khabib and Islam.... GSP would have the size advantage over them at 170 and would in all likelihood keep things standing and fairly easily outstrike them on the feet. It's hard to imagine any 170'er in the world, including a smaller Khabib, taking GSP down and holding him there.

You can't say it better than this. Any other opinion is objectively wrong.

Yes

He is Abdulmanap’s favorite fighter for a reason

Do I think he could go head to head with Khabib grappling from the start of round one and win every exchange? No, but he would handily outstrike Khabib and exhaust him in any grappling exchanges early on… later in the fight he would take over. Khabib never got to experience someone actually pushing him and controlling the pace of the fight.

GSPs striking wasn’t impressive without the take down threat. The Jake shields fight is proof of that.
Jake Shields beat Maia in a grapple heavy fight. Khabib would be far less risky to be on top of

GSP would just keep it standing the dagistani's cant strike.

Different styles.

Interesting results. I am talking about prime GSP, not the 40 year old with a strange tuft of peroxide blond hair.

How would you make of it?

By prime do you mean a 25 year old GSP or the GSP that retired in 2013?

Prime GSP mixes up his striking and takedowns effortlessly, keeps the Dagestanis thinking "is he gonna punch or shoot next?" and do whatever he wants with them.

One of the most frustrating things about fighting GSP, you can't be overly aggressive towards him, because the moment you do, his reactive takedowns puts them on their ass. Just watch the first few seconds of the Fitch and Hendricks fight.

GSP has outwrestled countless accomplished MMA wrestlers. This wouldn't be any different.

GSP takes the fight where it advantages him, and disadvantages his opponent.

Sun Tzu :
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

I'll bite the bait. The Shields fight was proof that if you eye poke your opponent enough, he loses depth perception and can't set his range as well. Georges still comfortably won that fight.

I'll bite the bait. The Shields fight was proof that if you eye poke your opponent enough, he loses depth perception and can't set his range as well. Georges still comfortably won that fight.
Got eye poked, couldn't see out of his left eye, still beat the shit out of shields and took him down multiples times

But GSP haters turn that into GSP striking = Jake Shields striking so any hypothetical matchup is Jake Shields striking vs X fighter's striking lol

As someone who unfortunately missed GSP's prime, did he have have experience fighting guys with a more chain-wrestling/volume takedown style against the cage? What about dealing with non-traditional takedowns like throws, sweeps, trips, etc.? I know he beat Karo.

The reason I ask is that I've heard others claim that a lot of his defensive wrestling showcases were against "one-and-done" traditionally-trained American wrestlers who liked to take singular lower-body shots in the open (presumably with the implication that the Dagestani method of chain-wrestling employed by fighters such as Khabib would be more effective). I'm just wondering if there's any truth to that at all.

Back