Would you pick Romero against a prime Anderson Silva?

No. Prime Silva was too fast and too skillful. He also had much better cardio. He had several 5-round fights, including the first Sonnen fight, where he pulled off a Hail Mary submission at the end of round 5, where he was dominated and mauled.

Dangerous fight for Anderson as we know he was very vulnerable to anyone who could force him to grapple. I simply cannot see Anderson surviving under Yoel if he gets Lutter'd, Sonnen'd or The Chris'd.

So that is the key to this fight. Can Yoel catch and take Anderson down?

If he can, I think he wins via, head clean off GnP which looks worse than how The Chris was bouncing Anderson's head off the mat like a basketball.

But if Yoel is chasing Anderson and not getting the TD (like Maia) and eating counter shots as he does while running forward then he gasses and eventually gets KO'd.

Based on what Lutter, Sonnen and The Chris were able to do to Anderson on the ground I am taking Yoel in this one.

Few weeks? Try barley 48 hours. And having surgery a month (might be 6 weeks, I don't recall) before the fight.

Oh damn Silva is insane not to mention Cormier is really a bad match up against him, I guess he just want to fight no matter what.

I think Anderson would have more chance here than vs Jones but equally I think Romero would have more chance of finishing him, more dangerous standup and GnP.
Romero has better standup??!!
Sure...
He's such a k-1 level striker indeed<{cruzshake}>

Absolutely. Silva would get Sonnen'd hard.

This is not fucking Patrick Cote or Thales Leites. Romero is a monster.

was it not prime silva in the first weidman fight?

Yeah, yoel would have massacred that guy.

weidman was losing the standup badly until anderson put his hands down lets be real here. prime serious anderson ko's weidman whenever he wants
Haha you got to love how Anderson'bot's have to lie to themselves to re-write history since they cannot deal with what they saw. That is more enjoyable than the actual KO.

No in fact Weidman was winning every second of what was mostly a stand up fight prior to KO'ing Anderson. He was even Matri'ing Anderson by dropping his hands and making Anderson miss while hitting Anderson almost at will when Anderson tried taunt him.

Anderson showed he could be taken down (vs. Sonnen, etc), but standing the Spider has a significant advantage against almost anyone in his prime.

38 yrs old with over 33 fights. Not exactly "prime" in combat sports.
Well you know it does not work strictly that way.

If we are talking typical athletic prime for a male it is generally between ages 26/7 & 32-34 range.

In that range Anderson was getting beat up by Takase and Chonan and embarrassed by Lutter.

Romero doesn't just go for TD's and control on the ground.
He spends long periods standing.

I think Romero would get tagged and finished.

Romero would do what Sonnen couldn't. Anderson would get killed

Anderson would go matrix on his ass and unleash a spider asskicking!!!

Prime Anderson was manhandled in grappling against Chael Sonnen, Dan Henderson etc

Yoel Romero would most likely beat Anderson in his prime.

Prime Anderson was manhandled in grappling against Chael Sonnen, Dan Henderson etc

Yoel Romero would most likely beat Anderson in his prime.
Anderson_Silva_henderson.jpg

I hate Anderson, but I think he probably would have beat Yoel. We all saw what Kennedy was doing to Yoel, and most believe Jacare beat him. It would be a good fight, but I dont think Yoel would have won that fight.

Silva by entering the Matrix. Romero's wrestling could certainly give Prime Neo some problems though, but he'd do something and it'd be a highlight reel finish.

Back