Social Would you rather be born again in the same country or a different one of your choosing?

Would you rather be born again in the same country or a different one of your choosing?

• Total voters
Wished I could be born in countries like Japan, Taiwan, South Korea but from the same parents I have right now. Would also be nice to have @HuskySamoan as my brother.

Same country. I know a lot of people bitch and complain about the US but it's sooooo much easier living here than anywhere I've been to.

Student loans are one small part as to why nobody can afford a starter home anymore. There are other reasons that make up the cause of that problem.
But otherwise, you’re pretty much on the money. You can’t make a mistake in America. Not unless you have a fairly wealthy family to fall back on. But if you lose your job, nobody has enough in savings to make it a month with no job. And you lose your medial insurance (another fantastically American phenomenon). And often times, people lose their jobs through no fault of their own. Many times it’s downsizing.

I’m betting life in Canada or many European nations is a whole lot less stressful. But to is Americans, this is all we know. So we only consider the good things (almost of which can be found in all of the countries I mentioned earlier).

Plus, everyone here gets brainwashed with this “greatest country in the world” shit. And maybe it used to be. But we’ve been coasting off that inertia for so long we forgot what really makes a country great - opportunity, upward mobility, the freedom to choose your career instead of being pigeonholed into one because you can’t afford to retrain your skills or go back to school, freedom for ALL people (can’t say we ever nailed that one), and a government that maintained infrastructure.

Very beautifully said, thank you.

I'm like 2000 dollars behind on rent, all because I got laid off of a job barely a month and a half ago.

My knees are shot, yet I just had to get a job as a fucking amazon delivery driver. To get paid less than 20 an hour... i live in Burbank.

I feel like living in Germany, France, the UK or Canada would fit my life view one hell of a lot better.

I would born again in Iceland or something like that.

I love Argentina but I would like something different.

Why wouldn't you choose Canada? As someone who is looking at it with a neutral pair of eyes, Canada just seems like an Upgrade on the US
<{cruzshake}>

Considering like 45,000 Canadians move to the US every year, and it's like 7,000 in the other direction, doesn't seem most people share your opinion.

It's also a dictatorship with higher taxes and terrible winters.

Dunno. It's all about perception. There's probably somewhere I haven't been, that I would prefer. For now, I'll stick to 'Merica.

A war torn 3rd world country and make it out with my bootstrap. I would probably migrate to the States and seek asylum for me and the fam!

Probably Saudi so I can be an oil daddy and play with tigers.

If you said random country and I didn't get to choose I would have definitely stuck with the US. But why would I want to do the same thing over again that would be boring. Rather try out something new if I get to choose the location.

<{cruzshake}>

Considering like 45,000 Canadians move to the US every year, and it's like 7,000 in the other direction, doesn't seem most people share your opinion.

at no time did i mention the ''intelligence'' of your average Canadian...<BC1>

<{cruzshake}>

Even justines wife left his ass. He probably made himself king of the remote for another few years and she just got fed up.

After lots of traveling, hard to beat the US overall. But the only other country that comes to mind would be Japan.

Lol, well the op literally says any place “of your choosing.” This idea that you can’t recognize that you can have it worse while also recognizing your country is severely broken is ridiculous.

It’s those types of attitudes that keep a country from growing.
Where would you choose?

Back