Would you take a big loan to bet on MMA?

flequin

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey sherbros, I hope y'all doing great unlike me for the last couple months...
First of all sorry for my english.. it's not my native language and even after double-checking through a translator I probably still made some annoying mistakes.
And I know after reading the title some of you probably thought to yourself like > what a dumb idea is that
It sounds like a really dumb idea at first but please hear me out... Let's say you would find yourself in this type of situation... And you have to find the way to get out. It's kinda do or die move.. which might turn out as a disaster or literally help you to get through toughest period of your life.
Sorry that I'm referring about myself in the third person.. It's just easier to explain the whole situation.

Here's the circumstances

1. Your mom is very sick and she needs heart surgery. There were some cases when you're almost lost her..and that was terrifying experience.
After examination and consulting with cardiac-surgeon you found out what exact surgeries are and sooner it is done, the better it will be because you can't really predicts these things.
2. You don't really have someone who would help you and you've already tried bunch of times to solve this problem by different ways.
3. You feel anxious/deeply depressed/suicidal/stressed-out all day long and you're forcing yourself to do something and can't focus on anything
4. Everything what're you getting is barely enough to pay rent and bills.
5. You have your own health issues (lower-back pain/joint pain/headaches/eyesight) and you tried to work on 2 jobs simultaneously but that didn't work out.
6. So you tryna do some freelance requests and work on some temporary jobs to keep your existence (not to get evicted/provide some food once in a while)
7. Asking someone for the money is really embarrasing and humilating.. So you don't wanna do that and obviously noone cares so you have to solve your issues on your own
8. You're not a really betting person.. but you have good experience in the past like betting few times on MMA and predicting outcomes of certain fights.
9. You already know for a fact that most banks won't approve a big loan to you.. but there's decent chance only 1 or 2 max banks would approve but on a very unfavorable conditions for you with huge overpayment by the end.

So you're in some sort of desperation mode.. when you know that you have to take action soon.. cuz time is ticking. Because you want to take that loan for the longest available period to pay less monthly but longer period is bigger total overpayment. But you have an option to pay off that loan in the first month without paying anything extra to bank. So you're thinking to take a big loan and then bet on some mma fights to double or triple your money to be able afford that neccesary surgery/pay off your loan immediately and have something to fix bunch of health issues and get back to your feet and finally get rid of that anxiety, depression and all those negative thoughts which creates heavy pressure for you on a daily basis. So my question is would you do take it if you would be in very difficult situation and you couldn't see any escape from that? And can you tell me on which exact outcomes of which upcoming fights in your opinion would you bet if let's say your life would depend from that? And I know there's no guaranteed outcomes and anything can happen but I think we can all agree that there some fights with the most likely outcomes. On that ufc 295 card I really wanted to take under 1.5 or at least 2.5rds for Aspinall vs Pavlovich fight and + Diego Lopes win (cuz he impressed me as a huge underdog vs Evloev) to make a parlay. But at the last minute l've changed my mind.. and then was regretting so much for the next two weeks...

Last edited:
Yes, and put it all on an 8 leg parlay.

The real answer is obviously no, and even if you were going to bet with money you don't have, MMA is one of the worst sports to do it on. At least if it's a football game or some other team sport, you aren't completely screwed if 1 guy leans the wrong way or gets injured, and 1 lucky or unlucky play doesn't end the whole game.

Hell, if you'd bet on Aspinal to beat Blaydes, then whoops, he blew out his knee 10 seconds in and you're now heavily in debt.

No. I don't gamble really either. Poker, Euchre, Cribbage with friends and family. That's it and even then I won't put money in most of the time, someone will bet on me in my place and take the rewards. I just play for fun.

Ive been making bets on mma for about 14 years and it took me about as much time to understand the word variety. And even now I dont understand it completely.

Its a dangerous game. I wouldnt ever do it for anything other than having fun. I guess you could pay someone pro and tail their picks. But once that person starts losing you are going down as well.

Getting good at MMA betting takes time. You're best off starting with small amounts you can afford to lose while you figure it out.

Great idea. No risk, no reward. Can't see a single fault in your plan

I seriously considered withdrawing 2 grand to put on Whittaker last year when he fought Vettori but didn't go through with it

No, that's like getting a hooker but without knowing if you will get the sex

The betting gods favor rich wealthy people like Drake who don't need the money and they love to clean out your average Joe, with hopes and dreams that they crush and send them packing back to their 9-5

I'm not planning to continue do that tryna get rich or have some stable income from betting. Like I said I'm not betting person and I'm fully aware it's a dangerous road. I'm considering to bet only to get out of this current situation which is unsolvable huge problem for me.. Everything became unbearable and as of right now I just don't have any other choice to find the way out. On that ufc295 card I wanted to take under 1.5 or at least 2.5rds for Aspinall vs Pavlovich fight and + Diego Lopes win (cuz he impressed me as a huge underdog vs Evloev) to make a parlay. But at the last minute l've changed my mind.. and then was regretting so much for the next two weeks...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back