Social would you want to live 40 years in the past, future, or now ?

I think I'd be born now b/c I want to see the birth of AI

this post is from the past, posted in the present so that you can read it in the future…

Is the question essentially, take your birthdate and then either add or subtract 40 years from it?

If so, one million percent past. My dad was 40 when I was born, so I'd live through his timeline.

Otherwise I'd be born around this decade. Fuck that. Things might be amazing in the next 80 years or so, but they might also be abysmal

Well that's certainly not true. You can ask questions for anybody you'd like, and women's declining rates of happiness would suggest it would actually be a better question for them.

40 years ago women didn't have anywhere near the career opportunities they do now, sexism was rampant, rape and sexually assaulted was the norm. Part of me believes this happiness stat is inflated by people today being more self introspective and actually thinking about their feelings. Every woman has a therapist these days.

40 years ago women didn't have anywhere near the career opportunities they do now, sexism was rampant, rape and sexually assaulted was the norm. Part of me believes this happiness stat is inflated by people today being more self introspective and actually thinking about their feelings. Every woman has a therapist these days.
Correct, they didn't have the "career opportunities", nor did they need them. Turns out, trying to turn women into shitty versions of men didn't make them happier, and instead did the opposite. Who would have thought doing taxed labor for some shitty corporation to live alone and pay bills isn't actually all that satisfying? They always had the option to work, but now it's a requirement with double the workforce and housing prices skyrocketing with more people living alone for longer. Even now with all the "career opportunity", women still marry across and up because they don't want to be the breadwinner.

Citation needed on "rape was the norm". At no point were the majority of women or even close getting raped to call that "the norm".

Back