Social would you want to live 40 years in the past, future, or now ?

Lol, you speak for all women eh?

Have you ever even talked to one before?
Personally, my wife would much rather be at home taking care of things than at her job she doesn't like.
wouldn't this apply to everyone, if i hated my job too, i wouldn't want to do it too......how the fuck does that fit the arguement that all women should be in the kitchen....

Past. Not sure I like where the future is headed.. tho my life is good atm

I mean it was easier to rape your partner back then than it is now

Yes the pendulum has swung but it's going to swing back, problem is the further it swings one way it's going to counter swing back.....

The real issue is that the next swing back will be the last for human kind..... Then we're all fucked.......

Once upon a time life was bad and now that things are good there's even less unity, it's human nature, we need the wolf at the door otherwise we turn on each other.......

Past. Not sure I like where the future is headed.. tho my life is good atm

^Tho this does beg the question.. do I retain the knowledge I have now to bring back to the past..? If so, definitely the past -I’d be walking away from too much now tho if I couldn’t retain some knowledge gained.

wouldn't this apply to everyone, if i hated my job too, i wouldn't want to do it too......how the fuck does that fit the arguement that all women should be in the kitchen....
Well, she would have rather been at home taking care of the kids, instead of HAVING to work ANY job.
Does that clear it up for you?
And I never said women should be in the kitchen! My point was that the dumbass I replied to doesn't speak for all women.

Last edited:
Also, why don’t I get a notification when I quote myself? Why does Sherdog hate America..

Yes the pendulum has swung but it's going to swing back, problem is the further it swings one way it's going to counter swing back.....

The real issue is that the next swing back will be the last for human kind..... Then we're all fucked.......

Once upon a time life was bad and now that things are good there's even less unity, it's human nature, we need the wolf at the door otherwise we turn on each other.......
I guess to a certain point <Fedor23>

Living in 2024 vs. 1984. Easy answer - 2024 for sure. The world is such a better place than it was 40 years ago.

2024 vs. 2064. More difficult answer. The trend lines for civilization are pointing upwards. 2064 is likely to be a much better place than 2024. My fears would be climate change (akin to people in the 80's rightly concerned about large scale nuclear war) and being out of place (I am assuming that I would be transported there as is. 40 years could be a lot of change to take in at once. I could be like some of the angry boomers on Sherdog who are so out of synch with life that they cannot enjoy a mainstream movie without sobbing). Medical advancements mean that I will likely be able to live longer in 2064 than I will in my current timeline.
I agree with you in relation to technological advancement and resource conservation.

But you have to consider that there will be more people 40 years from now. More people equates to more problems, numerically.

You have the perpetual culture war between the rich vs the middle vs the poor, partisan politics, the patriarchy vs increasingly aggressive feminist waves, uninspired educational systems, radicals in both political parties usurping power, growing racial divides, across the board declining creativity, declining attention spans, AI writing reports for rich kids to ensure they have access to the best careers, reaffirmation of a perpetual east vs west conflict, higher inflation, surging crime in all metropolitan cities, more unchecked military spending, more nuclear powers, more nuclear weapons, more homeless, more drug addiction, more riots, more police brutality, more youth flash mobs, more looting, higher taxes, more religious fundamentalism, more oligarchs, more debt, more control over reproduction, more surveillance, more inhumane treatment of animals, more pollution in developing countries, more deregulation of industries, more overregulation of industries, and so on and so on and so forth.

The question is, will more people also equate to more people doing more good deeds, or will we just have better technology?

Well, she would have rather been at home taking care of the kids, instead of HAVING to work ANY job.
Does that clear ot up for you?
And I never said women should be in the kitchen! My point was that the dumbass I replied to doesn't speak for all women.
yeah that does clear things. people should be able to do whatever they want, i agree. if someone wants to work their ass off at a corporate job and move up the corportate ladder/increase their income or if they just stay at home twiddling their thumbs, all power to them. who are we to judge it? eitherway, yeah it seems we are on the same page, take care and have good rest of your day

Does that clear it up for you?

Oh yes there's a growing movement of women that see a career as a modern house wife as a great career path...... The automation alone is astounding, if I worked a career with that level of automation and the same career outcome I would be over the moon......

i don't see a problem with the workforce having both genders working the same jobs. not everyone wants to stay at home and cook/clean all day either with no career trajectory/income/status at work to climb up too....more people want to get an education too instead of settling down in their early 20s, its not a good or bad thing. people should be allowed to do whatever they want with their lives. you seem terribly cynical....

and most people marry within their social class too....
Would you say most women prefer to be alone and childless? Not sure what "kitchen" you're talking about, but that seems like a pretty bizarre and demeaning description of women raising their children. 40 years ago more women had the choice to work or raise a family, and now more of them have to work and don't have the choice anymore.

Yes, it's a great deal for the rich. You have twice as many people bidding down jobs, property values go up faster when more people rent separately for longer, taxing 2 incomes instead of 1, and 70% of women do marry across and up with marriage rates declining generally and single mothers increasing drastically, and as I mentioned, women reporting lower happiness every decade and more children being raised by single mothers who have to work all day. Hooray!

Also pretty odd that the same people who think women should have to do taxed labor are the same people who complain about work for themselves.

Last edited:
yeah that does clear things. people should be able to do whatever they want, i agree. if someone wants to work their ass off at a corporate job and move up the corportate ladder/increase their income or if they just stay at home twiddling their thumbs, all power to them. who are we to judge it? eitherway, yeah it seems we are on the same page, take care and have good rest of your day
Except they're not twiddling their thumbs, they're contributing to the next generation of humans, raising humans correctly is probably the most important job to humanity......... Or haven't you seen how destructive those cunts can be???? If you don't do a good job???

40 years ago definitely. The present is a mess and I’m guessing climate change is going to be really causing some damage in 40 years

I'd love to do the 80s and 90s again, shit even the early 2000s.

40 years earlier would be pretty sweet but 40 years later peaks my interest more. Hmm...probably 40 years earlier, I do feel life is becoming more nihilistic and soulless with technology so i'd go with the past, despite the intrigue of the future.

Well, that'd be 1984 . . . was a great time then, sign me up to repeat it.

Back