Wow, Joe Benavidez made LESS before the Reebok deal

Gotta tow the company line, fiance works for UFC.

He's a former two division title contender. Fuck off. Can't stand shitty "fans" like you.

I'm a fan of Benavidez but he's right, nobody other than some hardcore fans care about him.

Most fans don't care about the smaller weights, I watch, but a lot of fans just don't care. As sad as it is I bet sponser would rather sponsor Derrick Lewis than any tiny guy besides Mighty Mouse

Gotta tow the company line, fiance works for UFC.

Maybe, but he fired his manager. Why would he and TJ do that without good reason?

The best managers will still find outside sponsors for their fighters. Clearly Joe didn't believe his team fits that bill.

Maybe, but he fired his manager. Why would he and TJ do that without good reason?
I guess Peoplefinders.com wasn't paying too well.

Mendes will likely follow suit. All of the TAM guys have the same sponsors.

less then 15k in sponsors and he has been in 2 titlefights and is a top 5 and exciting guy.Geez that's low.

You would hope a guy like him was averaging 50-100k in sponsors every fight

Maybe he didn't spend a ton of time doing sponsor shit. Not everyone wants to do that.

Maybe he didn't spend a ton of time doing sponsor shit. Not everyone wants to do that.

Possible, but Joe sure doesn't seem like that kind of guy. And it's hard to believe that Joe was turning down money on regular occassion, money is a good motivator.

There is a thread about him firing his manager after the Reebok deal too, which means more money saving. Good for him.
Truth is fighters with less exposure may get paid a little better with the deal and won't need agents unless they bring interesting deals outside the cage. The problem is for the guys who already have good sponsors.

Because nobody cares about you. You're a douchebag with douchey opinions that you should keep to yourself. The fact that you clicked on this thread with the intention of contributing negative bs says a lot about the value of your thoughts.

That said, Joe has been around a long time. He should have fired his manager a long time ago if he's only made 15k once, especially for his title fight. I get that people don't like smaller weightclasses for whatever reasons, but as a professional athlete, he needs to value himself a little more.

Thats sad, 2 time title challenger and #2 in his weight division and he has no sponsors

Are people not reading the actual article?

He turned down lots of sponsors because he didn't want to throw just anything on his shorts without having a connection with the company and what he does. I'm sure he could have been managing better if he played that game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back