Social WR Lounge 306: We will miss you Greg.

Russia vs Ukraine

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
breaking-news-png.894594
Isn't doxxing a bannable offence? @Rebelfett

A very recent problem happening a lot now is posts getting deleted. We've got at least one mod deleting things he doesn't like in megathreads and then claiming it's not on topic. It's happening to several people.

The wrong opinion on a topic like Ukraine/Russia is now considered derailing. It was happening in the Asian violence thread as well

I get that some left wing mods won't agree, but that's no reason to censor
I had two posts deleted for “derailing.” By the standard of my posts 75% of that thread should be derailed.

I simply want to know which mod is deleting the posts. This has to be a new mod given how quick it keeps happening and the coincidence (i.e, posts about Biden) on who it’s targeting…

I had two posts deleted for “derailing.” By the standard of my posts 75% of that thread should be derailed.

I simply want to know which mod is deleting the posts. This has to be a new mod given how quick it keeps happening and the coincidence (i.e, posts about Biden) on who it’s targeting…
The mods could just delete your account and nothing would be lost.

Appreciate it dude. It’s def unsettling but it is what it is
Well, you know, when it comes to WR discussion, my opinion of you or what you say is whatever, but opinions are like arseholes--everyone's got one around here.

But when it comes to this kind of real human experience, I have no end of empathy for almost everybody--there are one or two exceptions on account of proudly expectorating their lack of empathy for everyone else at every opportunity.

Where I live is considered pretty safe by nearly any measure... just sayin'... #ComeToPEI-Reason#17

For an explanation here, the word filters only cover up the word to the page viewer. It’s still in the page itself, and is part of the data capture search engines do.

Too many Nbombs or bundles of sticks, even if emoji hidden, result only google or bing identifying Sherdog as a white nationalist or hateful site. And lowering it in the search priority for people to see. Lower in the search engines = less traffic = less ad money.

So anything with slurs, wether filtered out or dodged with an * or something, is a big no no. Mods are instructed to delete those posts on site, and give cards if it seems intentional but if it’s just a bad joke sometimes we’ll just delete and move on. OT is different from rest of the forum in this regard tho, I don’t know if it’s unlisted from search engines or what.
The middle section is a good point i never considered

Hey, I am 6 drinks deep and want this lounge to kick off. Bring back @Toni. I miss the rare occasions I went back and forth in here with Toni. I will tag @Substance Abuse because I rate the UFC discussion threads that are being put up. Good mod choice. 10/10. Keep me entertained sherdog. Something besides covid please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back