Social WR Lounge 307: Donate to honor Greg.

Rate HockeyBjj as a mod.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really funny flashback when thinking about 2016. People were wondering if Romney was going to join the race to challenge Jeb. He ultimately decided not too and made a statement that if he had decided to run, he would’ve won. Also states the party need a younger, new politician which was an indirect endorsement of Rubio and a knock at Jeb. To think at the time that was considered news for how it played out was hilarious. Like people thought Romney was essentially going to be playing kingmaker outsider of the race then Trump entered and Romney/ Jeb became a footnote.

Last edited:
Really funny flashback when thinking about 2016. People were wondering if Romney was going to join the race to challenge Jeb. He ultimately decided not too and made a statement that if he had decided to run, he would’ve won. Also states the party need a younger, new politician which was an indirect endorsement of Rubio and a knock at Jeb. To think at the time that was considered news for how it played out was hilarious. Like people thought Romney was essentially going to be playing kingmaker outsider of the race then Trump entered and Romney/ Jeb became a footnote.

I thought it was interesting how Trump built his campaign on running his opponents down, name calling ect. IMO the worst thing the Democrats can do is try and run a Biden vs Trump 2024.

I thought it was interesting how Trump built his campaign on running his opponents down, name calling ect. IMO the worst thing the Democrats can do is try and run a Biden vs Trump 2024.

Wouldn’t that be more on the Republican side for 2024? I mean, it’s more assumed you run the sitting president for reelection than rerun a former one who lost to the current guy in office. Not saying there aren’t situations where they should consider a single term for Biden but at the moment, I think the idea is two. During his campaign, I thought he intended to do just one but doesn’t seem like it.

Wouldn’t that be more on the Republican side for 2024? I mean, it’s more assumed you run the sitting president for reelection than rerun a former one who lost to the current guy in office. Not saying there aren’t situations where they should consider a single term for Biden but at the moment, I think the idea is two. During his campaign, I thought he intended to do just one but doesn’t seem like it.
For the Republicans they already know Trumps base is strong. Regardless of how many one feels about the man, i suspect he should be the front runner. Trump is still on the campaign trail, his supporters are still loyal. Biden got the "lesser of two evils" vote the last time. If thing dont dramatically improve for him, and the Republicans are able to keep playing the doom and gloom card about Bidens Presidency, i dont believe he will hold on to that edge over Trump. The Democrats need to get something done right now. They cant wait and hope that the hold power after midterms.

For the Republicans they already know Trumps base is strong. Regardless of how many one feels about the man, i suspect he should be the front runner. Trump is still on the campaign trail, his supporters are still loyal. Biden got the "lesser of two evils" vote the last time. If thing dont dramatically improve for him, and the Republicans are able to keep playing the doom and gloom card about Bidens Presidency, i dont believe he will hold on to that edge over Trump. The Democrats need to get something done right now. They cant wait and hope that the hold power after midterms.
Do you see Biden actually seeking reelection? This is something I cannot predict. There isn't an obvious frontrunner aside from maybe pete buttigieg. And I don't believe pete beats trump. That makes me think that there will be considerable pressure for Biden to run again, despite the age

Do you see Biden actually seeking reelection? This is something I cannot predict. There isn't an obvious frontrunner aside from maybe pete buttigieg. And I don't believe pete beats trump. That makes me think that there will be considerable pressure for Biden to run again, despite the age

We are still about 8 months or so away until candidates start announcing. I think we will know by then if Biden will run again. I personally hope we will see better candidates come forward. I wasnt a fan of the Biden pick.

Sure we could argue about if Biden is doing a better job than Trump. Personally i think Trump did an awful job. We had a stable economy when Trump took over. We saw big ups and down under Trump. Covid hit and the world economy tanked. From my prospective we could have handled the start of the situation better. I did however believe we would see covid become endemic as we have it now from the start.

I think where Biden has done the best compared to Trump is dealing with our allies. To me it seems like we have done a fair job under Biden repairing our foreign relations. Trump did a lot of damage in that aspect. The trade war shit of Trump came back and bit us hard once Covid hit.

Its good to see @bobgeese back after @Badger67 nuked his account over him. <45>

It isn’t truly a rage quit until something like this shows how truly miscalculated and an overreaction is was. Oof.

First off, that's hilarious.

But to be fair, I was targeted by a butthurt mod because I poured cold water on his aliens fantasy. I was carded for literally this single sentence.

"Do you think it's a coincidence this happened outside an air force base?"

That most certainly doesn't break any rules, so you can understand why someone would be against targeted "modding". And you know the old saying, first they come for the Geese, then they come for the badgers...

But to be fair, I was targeted by a butthurt mod because I poured cold water on his aliens fantasy. I was carded for literally this single sentence.

That most certainly doesn't break any rules, so you can understand why someone would be against targeted "modding". And you know the old saying, first they come for the Geese, then they come for the badgers...
Bob can help us narrow down which returning member on yet another pre-made alt sofresh is lol

Bob can help us narrow down which returning member on yet another pre-made alt sofresh is lol
Bud he is so fresh, so clean.

If they would come for the Canadian Geese i would welcome it.

I’m wondering where a good over under line would be. To me, 20 seems realistic to me but I’m wondering is that the line or am i just thinking over what the line would be. I can’t get an idea of that without hearing what people think either the line or their guess is. From the two posts in here, looks like 20 wouldn’t be the line. I don’t see why it seems out there though. 2016 had 18-19 I believe. Even if the RNC is smart and winds down the debate pool faster, a bunch of them could still run. I think the party is full of younger ambitious politicians who are thinking about the presidency. We possibly have 3-4 candidates in Florida alone (not including Trump).
Thanks for clarifying. I think it's closer to 14, FTR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back