Social WR Lounge v280: Debauchery, Degeneracy & The Destruction of Western Civilization (A lot of D's)

The Most Interesting Empires In History (IYO)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't let me use it on here some reason.
I don't know actually. I would have to look that up.

@StoneColdSteveAustin why do you care?

https://avenuepub.com/menus/food

What should I get? Chili's closes in an hour and taking a $22 Uber to Chili's at 32 seems like I'll have a real sad self realization on the $22 Uber ride back.

Before Covid this was my fucking jam.

The Escargot de Bourgogne Sauvages looks amazing and I was thinking of getting this in honor of @tonni
Toast aux Champions
A Belgian tradition, cremini mushrooms and caramelized onions sauteed in a cognac cream sauce
Fancy! I hope you will be moaning and saying my name as you eat the onions.

https://avenuepub.com/menus/food

What should I get? Chili's closes in an hour and taking a $22 Uber to Chili's at 32 seems like I'll have a real sad self realization on the $22 Uber ride back.

Before Covid this was my fucking jam.

The Escargot de Bourgogne Sauvages looks amazing and I was thinking of getting this in honor of @tonni
Toast aux Champions
A Belgian tradition, cremini mushrooms and caramelized onions sauteed in a cognac cream sauce

Cassoulet.

As far as femme fatale characters go I've always been more of a fan of Faye Valentine but her look doesn't translate to cosplays so well.

I've noticed something with characters like Faye and Revy, they're often depicted with their hair having a purple tint to it but I think that's just the animators way of rendering dark, raven hair. So when cosplayers use purple hair in their cosplay it looks off.
Always had a thing for Faye. She reminded me of a girl I lived with at the time.

Mostly disagreeable but attractive enough to get away with it, and good at what she did when it came down to it.

Hot.

Does anyone ever yellow let it mellow?

Funny, our toilet busted the other day. There was a lot of mellowing going on. Apparently toilet parts are supposed to be changed like every five or so years. Fuck me I think I've had like triple that'

Btw, that sink pissers reddit someone shared a bit back was fucking hilarious.

For the worse... in comparison to what it was previously?

Surely you can't think that. France was a feudal society where social hierarchies were firmly entrenched and even legally coded. The revolution gave that a swift kick in the ass and brought into existence the current form of flawed, liberal democracy.

Secular liberal democracy >>>>>> feudalistic, monarchy with a state religion.

To me, the flaws of the French Revolution are the expected and forgivable effects of a society that so swiftly said fuck you to 1,000+ years of backwardness.
Definitely for the worse, hence why there was a counter-revolutionary peasant uprising. After all, the Revolution plunged the continent into war and who fought that war for the French? Conscripted peasants. Like I said, the ideals of the French Revolution sound nice in theory but it ended up creating a massive bureaucratic government that was in many ways far more invasive and coercive than the monarchy was before it. Conscription is one example but so is appropriating all church lands and property and trying to radically remake the church in France by only allowing state approved priests to practice. Many peasants, like those in the Vendee, weren't very happy with that. Premodern religion tended to structure local communal life in a way that was surprisingly sensitive to local particularities but the top-down project of the French Revolution had no such sensitivities.

The nobles that the peasants resented were the absentee nobles who lived in the cities but lorded over the countryside, nobles like those in the Vendee who lived among their peasants(and therefore more in tune with their local circumstnaces) were more well regarded. Revolutionaries in Paris were certainly just as alienated and imposing as many of the nobles before them, more so if anything given they built a more invasive state apparatus.

For the most part I think gradually reformed constitutional monarchies are preferable to republics born of radical revolutions.
I don't get it, does he also resent the French Revolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back