WrestleMania 40 Night 2: Finished stories and stuff

Future Rock promo

"Roman.....The Rock beat that punk so you can have all the advantages....The Final Boss did everything to make sure and our family had all the advantages.....but you blew it.....you fucked it all up.....now The Final Boss has to become THE FINAL CHIEF.....your candy ass proved that you were only keeping The Rocks seat warm until it was time for The Final Boss to take his RIGHTFUL spot at the head of the table".....

If you haven't followed the whole storyline, a bunch of what you saw wouldn't make sense. Yes, they overbooked the fuck out of it, but that was what the storyline was. Almost every Roman match where he retained, the Bloodline was involved. So to have all these various super stars of today and of days past, it made perfect sense.
Ahh ok that makes sense. Any marches in particular worth watching on either night?

Cena and Taker helps Cody? Based on what? Kinda lame tbh.
Cena 100% makes sense because he had beef with the Bloodline from last year.

Taker is a bit more of a stretch, but he has had problems with Roman from years ago.

Now that Cody has "finished the story", after maybe a year of being a face, I think he should turn heel.

Him and Brandy could be the heel power couple like HHH and Steph used to be.

There's a slight chance Christian can go back to the WWE for the "your father is ___!" angle.

Ahh ok that makes sense. Any marches in particular worth watching on either night?
All of night 2 was aces, the 6 man street fight being the exception, with the Triple threat US title match my favorite.

Last night, anything except the Uso vs Uso fight. Gunther vs Sami was damn good.

NXT - Triple threat for the NA championship is my match of the weekend, and the Tag title match is up there with it.

All of night 2 was aces, the 6 man street fight being the exception, with the Triple threat US title match my favorite.

Last night, anything except the Uso vs Uso fight. Gunther vs Sami was damn good.

NXT - Triple threat for the NA championship is my match of the weekend, and the Tag title match is up there with it.
Scarlet and B-fab were the highlight and Montez almost jumping into the 1st row.

k9uubo6kz5tc1.jpeg

SLAM IN THE BACK OF MY DRAGULA!

What a moment

American Nightmare is about as badass of a nickname a son of Dusty Rhodes is possibly going to take on.

Happy for Cody. Legitimately seems like a great guy, a hard worker and you have to really admire the ambition of pulling off a year later storyline where he came up short at one WM and then pulled off the championship win. Reminded me of Hart losing the belt to Yoko in 93 and then winning it back at MSG a year later and the faces celebrating in the ring with him.

It’s obviously not lost on anyone that they did everything they could to distinguish the HHH era from the VKM.

Cody deserved all the fanfare and the long celebration. Just too bad his brother couldn’t come in there too but glad he was there to watch.

I only watch the big shows these days but this was very entertaining. I’m not sure if I think that main event was as stellar as the reviews seem to be saying. Overbooked but from a fan service standpoint, it was great and the culmination of the storytelling was essentially flawless. Owens and Sammi- such history with the Bloodline being out there to celebrate with him, Orton- his storyline mentor from years ago and real life friend being there. Cena/Rock history. Seth’s whole involvement and Reigns’ bitterness.

Among the matches- I thought night two had almost nothing but good to great ones- Bayley vs. Iyo- great. KO/Orton/Paul- great. Seth vs. Drew- great. AJ vs. Knight- really solid.

Alright! I'm doing some woodwork tmrw, I'll throw it on while I'm doing it. Thanks!

Back