wrestling in both stances

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
this is another mma question i was watching some vids and alex volkanovski likes to useboth underhooks and switches a lot when against the fence do any of you do the same? cause i normally even though im orthodox i always felt natural to pin them with my right underhook and right leg lead even though i wrestle/strike orthodox

I prefer under-hooking with the left arm. I'm orthodox too.

TTT, I'm interested in more opinions on this.

I box orthodox but when wrestling it's hard to ignore that my right side is stronger which gets in the way a lot.

TTT, I'm interested in more opinions on this.

I box orthodox but when wrestling it's hard to ignore that my right side is stronger which gets in the way a lot.
same i box orthodox i feel whatever stance you fight in u should learn t wrestle that side

i find myself against the fence switching to southpaw to dig my underhook

When you are good, you can do almost everything both ways. You just have preferences, and almost always, different moves have different preferences. I do tell new wrestlers, dont worry about getting good at both sides or being ambidextrous at first.

Could never beat the truly elite dudes because I was so right side dominant as a wrestler. Guys changed stances and I was caught shooting for the far side single.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back