Wrists sore after boxing, anything to help this?

• Thread starter Deleted member 56619
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 56619

My wrists,mostly left, get sore after boxing. Today they are more sore than usualy and it is a pain in the ass because i have boxing tomorrow as well and i know the hooks on the heavy bag are going to hurt. I wrap my wrists pretty well i think, alot of times i acctualy have a problem with them going semi numb because i wrap them too tight. Is this something Glucosamine will help with? I know very little about it except it is to help joints right? If not anyone got any ideas? Thanks for the help.
P.S when doing curls i get the same feeling except it goes away after 10 or 15 seconds after i stop. Dunno if this helps.

Ibuprofen.

Something to try is contact baths. Fill a bucket with hot water (as hot as you can tolerate), and a bucket with icewater. Now plunge your hands into the hot water for 30 seconds, and then cold water for 30 seconds. repeat 5+ times.

its sounds like your just starting boxing. Your wrists will get used to it after time and you shouldn't wrap your hands so tight that they go numb. The wraps arnt supposed to protect your wrists anyway there supposed to hold your bones in your hands together tight so you dont break your knuckles.

Do wrist extensions and wrist curls with some weight, don't go too heavy though as its not necissary. Also don't wrap your hands so tight, that is a horrible idea. When wrapping your hands have an instructor watch and make sure to have your hand as wide open as possible so yoiu don't inhibit movement of your joints.

Lastly at home take some ibuprofen as urban said and ice them. Do some wrist circles after icing to get the blood moving again (similar idea as contrast baths). It will just take time for your wrists to get stronger. No supp will do that.

Levering a sledgehammer PWNS THE FUCK out of wrist curls.

Haha, this is true. I said wrist curls because it will basiclaly get the same job done, although it is not as cool.

There is a better chance he has a few weights (even plate wrist curls) than an 8 lb sledge hanging around. Although, if you do have a sledge, do that instead. There is a good thread about it in the S&P forum.

Dont wrap your wraps so tight. You need to use your own wrist muscles so the get built up aswell. If you rely on wraps, it will degrade you wrist/forearm muscles and if you ever go bar knuckle, you hand wont have to correct structure to throw a proper punch. I sometimes gets pains in m forearms when i do curls buts that cos i also have pretty week forearms. I hear it just goes when they build up. I also find people get pains after boxing if their wrist is at a slightly crooked angle when hitting. Make sure the fist is straight and you hit with the first 2 knuckles. hope this helps. If not, bar humbug

Glucosamine and chondritin sulphate aid in the maintenance of cartilage.

Urban is right. But to keep it so it doesnt hurt anymore make sure when you come in contact your wrist and hand are really tight

Back