WW Championship Robberies

Which WW Championship robbery was the worst?

• Total voters

Dragon Punch

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
In my opinion, the wrong decision was made in all 3 of the following WW championship fights. In each fight I feel that the most popular fighter (GSP and Lawler, twice) was handed the win. Which robbery do you think was the worst?

#1- Lawler v Condit

#2- Hendricks v Lawler

#3- GSP v Hendricks

Last edited:
I thought each fight was close enough to go either way. Too close for any of them robberies.

I was rooting hard for Hendricks over GSP and Condit over Lawler. But both of those fights were razor close.

All close fights..more of a testament of how competitive the WW division is then anything else.

Needs to be a poll.

Condit/Lawler the worst

Its a bit weird when you break it down. As an "overall" Hendricks smashed GSP, but when you go by rounds, its really close to a 50/50 based on that first. (Edged Hendricks)
Hendricks/Lawler was a coin toss in both overall, and victor. (Edged Hendricks)
Condit/Lawler was a coin toss as an overall, but the rounds were crystal clear. 1,3,5 were clearly Condit, I don't see how you can make a case otherwise. 2,5 Lawler, again firm. Due to that, this is the biggest robbery in my eyes, following the rules of the sport.

All close fights..more of a testament of how competitive the WW division is then anything else.

It is hyper-competitive; in fact, everyone in the top 5 can beat each other on the good day. Btw, I like your nickname matching with the content of the thread.

I really like Robbie but I think Lawler/Condit was the less close between the 3.

Its a bit weird when you break it down. As an "overall" Hendricks smashed GSP, but when you go by rounds, its really close to a 50/50 based on that first. (Edged Hendricks)
Hendricks/Lawler was a coin toss in both overall, and victor. (Edged Hendricks)
Condit/Lawler was a coin toss as an overall, but the rounds were crystal clear. 1,3,5 were clearly Condit, I don't see how you can make a case otherwise. 2,5 Lawler, again firm. Due to that, this is the biggest robbery in my eyes, following the rules of the sport.

Go watch round 3 again. Condit was getting countered over and over.

Hendricks Lawler 2 was the biggest robbery imo. Hendricks stalling was shameful but he still clearly won that fight. One of the judges gave like 4 rds to Robbie which was downright impossible.

Hendricks vs GSP was also a bad decision but GSP did win two rds and was competitive in another so I guess it was still somewhat possible.

Condit vs Lawler should have been a draw as rd 3 was like a 10-10. A split decision, however, is understandable if rd 3 isn't scored a 10-10 and either guy winning would be an okay decision. It wasn't a robbery.

None of the above.

hendricks-pierre-post-167.jpg

vs.

Lawler v Condit wasn't even the worst decision of the night, let alone the division.

I thought each fight was close enough to go either way. Too close for any of them robberies.

I was rooting hard for Hendricks over GSP and Condit over Lawler. But both of those fights were razor close.
Exactly, you can disagree with the decision but a close fight does not equal robbery. There was one horribly judged fight on the card tonight and that was Kish getting 30-27 scores against Ansaroff when the first round was a clear win for Ansaroff.

Hendricks Lawler 2 was the biggest robbery imo. Hendricks stalling was shameful but he still clearly won that fight. One of the judges gave like 4 rds to Robbie which was downright impossible.

Hendricks vs GSP was also a bad decision but GSP did win two rds and was competitive in another so I guess it was still somewhat possible.

Condit vs Lawler should have been a draw as rd 3 was like a 10-10. A split decision, however, is understandable if rd 3 isn't scored a 10-10 and either guy winning would be an okay decision. It wasn't a robbery.

Idk man, people act like Johny was racking up points while his head was tucked under Robbie's nuts. If you can't do anything effective with a TD, it doesn't mean jack shit. There was like 5 stand ups that fight for that very reason. Johny had 2 rounds where he was putting together effective combos, but he gave it away in the 5th. This after a fight he stole in 5th by attaching himself to Robbie's torso for 2 minutes...ugh.

In my opinion, the wrong decision was made in all 3 of the following WW championship fights. In each fight I feel that the most popular fighter (GSP and Lawler, twice) was handed the win. Which robbery do you think was the worst?

#1- Lawler v Condit

#2- Hendricks v Lawler

#3- GSP v Hendricks

Is Lawler really more popular than Condit? I would like to see some evidence there. Hendricks/Lawler 2 was a good call, not a robbery. I am going to say GSP/Hendricks since there was such an insane damage disparity that really shows who took the harder shots.

I remember there being a poll after the GSP/Hendricks fight, and it asked who you thought won each round. The general consensus was that GSP won rounds 3 and 5, and Hendricks won 2 and 4. The first round is where people were significantly divided, so depending on who think won the first round is who you think won the fight. I think GSP won that round plus rounds 3 and 5, so I think the decision was the right call. Granted, when I saw it live, I thought Hendricks, but when I rewatched it, I saw it as GSP.

I agree with the Lawler/Condit decision. I gave Lawler rounds 2, 3 and 5. Round 3 probably being the closes. Honestly, if the judges gave that to Condit, I wouldn't be mad. Damn good and close fight.

Now the Hendricks/Lawler 2 fight is where it gets tricky. That's the one where I think Hendricks was possibly robbed, as he atleast won rounds 1, 2, and 3, but his incredible stalling in the later rounds is what makes people not seem to care. So if I had to choose one from the three, I'd say this one.

All 3 very close fights. Not robberies. That term gets over used around here.

Maybe for Condit that was Karma for his interim titlefight with Nick were he won by running.

Go watch round 3 again. Condit was getting countered over and over.

Already did and I still don't see it. There are fights like say GSP/Hendricks where I didn't realize how close the first round was after first watch and my perspective changed. For this though, I just don't see it.

Back