Television X-MEN '97 (First Official Trailer, post #292)

All this talk of X being a shady can takes me back to when Doom(goat) put him in his place.

IMG-6601.jpg

Same.
For every Killing Joke, Watchmen, or V For Vendetta there's a dozen othere things he wrote no one remembers or everyone wants to forget.

No writer bats a thousand, especially comic book authors.

Even my favorite writer, Brian Michael Bendis, which seemed like everything he touched throughout the 2000s was pure gold... everything in the 2010s was 'meh' at best, and he created Miles Morales.

Even still, a dozen or more pages ago in this thread I mentioned the smartest move Disney could do to get Disney+ profitable would be to start the MAU... Marvel Animated Universe... and calling Bendis up to be the head writer would be the best move they could make, along with Mark Millar.

They'd just have to adapt many of the Ultimate Spider-Man, X-Men, and Daredevil storylines they wrote into episodes. Guaranteed gold.

And with the obvious exception of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - poor Sean Connery deserved so much better for his last film - I've always preferred the adaptions of Moore's work to the orginals themselves.

All this talk of X being a shady can takes me back to when Doom(goat) put him in his place.

IMG-6601.jpg

Deadpool may be the Messiah, but if they fuck up Doctor Doom again, not even Marvel Jesus will be able to save the MCU.:mad:

Last edited:
Doom is legit the goat. He should get at least 3 movies lol.

God emperor doom went ham.

aGjg2qn_460s.jpg

Choose the right actor - please be Cillian Murphy, please be Cillian Murphy! - writers and directors and the MCU could get another ten good years out of Doom. The important thing is to have him win fight after fight, so by the end the Heroes are crapping themselves at just the thought of having to face him.

I never liked the evil Jean Grey angle, so I wasn't into it. <6>
Not nearly enough Gambit or Wolverine so far but Bishop is cool <Fedor23>

4th episode is out, and its pretty weak.

In the OG series there's 1 episide with Mojo, and its charitable to call that episode 'filler.' And its the same with the first 2/3rds of this episode.
Its obviously meant to pull at the nostalgia strings for 90s video games, and I should be a prime candidate to love that.... but it fell flat completely.

There was ALOT packed into the 3rd episode, and I was hoping for a continuation of that drama or perhaps and epilogue because some loose ends are clearly untied... instead we get a filler episode. Makes me wonder if this season was intentionally front-heavy, and now we're getting the episodes... the slush... for after an audience is supposedly hooked.

The last portion of the episode was related to Storm & Forge, and the highlight for me was the picture of X-Factor indicating they had broken up. Otherwise, it was interesting how Forge created everything related to stripping mutants of their powers, including the weapon that stripped Storm of hers.

As for the giant-bat-demon... *Sigh* I was so bored at that point. In the other episodes I checked the time to see how much runtime was left because I didn't want the episode to end. With this episode I was checking the runtime hoping it would end.

Yeah, this was the weakest episode so far, but I've never been the hugest fan of wacky Mojo stuff. Still I didn't think it was bad. I wouldn't be concerned about the show falling off from this point. They didn't dedicate the whole episode to the Mojo filler, and gave us some compelling stuff with Storm and Forge, which will follow into a second part in two weeks. I think it may have worked better if they switched back and forth from both of the story lines rather than having all of the Motendo part up front.

The last 3 episodes of the season are parts of a single story line so I have a feeling it will end up being the best stuff. I'm still excited as hell for this series and hope we get many more seasons out of it. We are for sure getting 3 seasons.

I hope Marvel Studios Animation continues to expand and gives us more shows especially in this 90's art style. Their so much they can do.

Once I wrap up my re-watch of original X-Men Animated Series I'm going to switch over to the Spider-Man one. I have that all downloaded as well.

In the OG series there's 1 episide with Mojo, and its charitable to call that episode 'filler.' And its the same with the first 2/3rds of this episode.
Its obviously meant to pull at the nostalgia strings for 90s video games, and I should be a prime candidate to love that.... but it fell flat completely.

There was ALOT packed into the 3rd episode, and I was hoping for a continuation of that drama or perhaps and epilogue because some loose ends are clearly untied... instead we get a filler episode. Makes me wonder if this season was intentionally front-heavy, and now we're getting the episodes... the slush... for after an audience is supposedly hooked.

The last portion of the episode was related to Storm & Forge, and the highlight for me was the picture of X-Factor indicating they had broken up. Otherwise, it was interesting how Forge created everything related to stripping mutants of their powers, including the weapon that stripped Storm of hers.

As for the giant-bat-demon... *Sigh* I was so bored at that point. In the other episodes I checked the time to see how much runtime was left because I didn't want the episode to end. With this episode I was checking the runtime hoping it would end.

Yeah the episode was weirdly set up, with the first 16 minutes being a Jubilee episode and the last 10 a romantic Forge and Storm thing instead of intercalating scenes.

The first part was to much dependant of references and expecting people to geek out with stuff like the cover to the genesis game and gameplay similar to the first arcade game.

The first part was to much dependant of references and expecting people to geek out with stuff like the cover to the genesis game and gameplay similar to the first arcade game.

At this point I am so immune to nostalgic memberberries I feel almost offended when they're shallow and not accompanied with additional substance.

tenor.gif

latest

I just read through this comic which covered the events in episode 4 between Storm and Forge, and yeah they really should have left out the Mojo stuff and focused on this story entirely. The show does do a good job of using events from the comics, just not nearly as dramatic in this case.

Last edited:
I want to like it but it doesn't feel like the same thing. I will give it another shot this weekend.

I want to like it but it doesn't feel like the same thing. I will give it another shot this weekend.

In its defense, its basically impossible to make it the same as the 90s series. And if you've seen the 5th season you'd be thankful they can't, because it was shit.

Episodes are 30 minutes, rather than 20.
More of an importance of inner-mansion drama.
Different animation with similar art style, in 1:3.2 Widescreen instead of 4:3 Fullscreen.
Less of an emphasis on action scenes.
Less of 'buy our toys' maeketing within the show.

I told you what was coming dude. Use the first few episodes to draw people in and then... wait for it...

I told you what was coming dude. Use the first few episodes to draw people in and then... wait for it...

Ep3. Morph having a delusion of Logan in the shower. "Need some help with those hard-to-reach places?" (Approaches him)

Ep4. Morph to Magneto - "Somebody's daddy didn't give him a pony for his sweet sixteenth."

These sequences confirm that Morph is gay, at least. But everyone is still referring to Morph as 'him/his' so no confirmation on the trans-sexualism.

Ep3. Morph having a delusion of Logan in the shower. "Need some help with those hard-to-reach places?" (Approaches him)

Ep4. Morph to Magneto - "Somebody's daddy didn't give him a pony for his sweet sixteenth."

These sequences confirm that Morph is gay, at least. But everyone is still referring to Morph as 'him/his' so no confirmation on the trans-sexualism.

To be honest, I don't really care about moments like that. As long as we don't see Morph giving Wolvie a hand-job, it doesn't really effect my enjoyment of the show.

Episode 4 was a major step down in quality. Splitting the show into two different stories didn't work. Jubilee and Sunspot aren't compelling enough characters to spotlight, although Mojo was fun. Forge and Storm deserved a longer episode.

And, of course: not enough Magneto.

Episode 4 was weirdly planned out. Mojo has always been kind of filler material, and it was just totally unnecessary at this point. To go from that to the seriousness of Storm and Forge made it feel like 2 separate episodes were welded together.
I'm pleasantly surprised by some of the more adult like themes and tones the show has...it reminds me of Gargoyles a bit in that way.
There was a shot of Mister Fantastic, so they're in a MCU with other super powered characters. Will be curious if they ever make a real appearance in the show.

1 20 min episode a week. Fuck that . It should be grouped in 3s at least.

So I skipped the credits but read something about they changing Jean Grey hairstyle in the credits and rewatched it, so basically loose hair = Madeline, Ponytail = Jean

They also removed Bishop from the intro.

Back