Television X-MEN '97 (First Official Trailer, post #292)

what has stood out to me most is that todays artists aren't capable of recreating the art style of the original. It doesn't look better it looks like a Newgrounds spinoff.

what has stood out to me most is that todays artists aren't capable of recreating the art style of the original. It doesn't look better it looks like a Newgrounds spinoff.
Yes. Also the voice acting is bad. Rogue is awful. Went from sounding like a beautiful southern belle to sounding like an old chain smoking waitress. Rogue sounds terrible! Also, what's with Magneto wearing gay cut off sleeves?

Holy shit, Rogue is old and Canadian WTF.

LenoreZann.png

https://www.google.com/search?sca_e...ZIBDmEQ0pQJegQICRAB&biw=1536&bih=743&dpr=1.25

As far as good voice acting on the series, I'd have to go with Storm and Beast, they're spot on.

Last edited:
I thought the first two episodes were pretty awesome. I like how they made cyclops a lot more bad ass with his powers, that stood out to me the most. It’s a little weird getting used to the voices sounding different but most of them were fine. I’m looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

It isn't that they can't but it is time consuming and expensive. Just as everything went to photoshop design, everything is going to go to AI assisted animation. This is both good and bad. Everything will start looking a little similar but the expense required to make something, even indie material will be more much lower. South Park went a few episodes before they switched to computer design that simulated paper cutout.

Watching episode 1. I’m down so far. Has the feel of the original.

Takes a bit of adjustment to get used to the voice changes and animation difference but it holds the feel.

Edit: they definitely show how absolutely OP Storm is when she lets loose.

Last edited:
Watched half of E1. I hope they don't make Sunspot gay. So far bleh.

Yes. Also the voice acting is bad. Rogue is awful. Went from sounding like a beautiful southern belle to sounding like an old chain smoking waitress. Rogue sounds terrible! Also, what's with Magneto wearing gay cut off sleeves?

Holy shit, Rogue is old and Canadian WTF.

LenoreZann.png

https://www.google.com/search?sca_e...ZIBDmEQ0pQJegQICRAB&biw=1536&bih=743&dpr=1.25

As far as good voice acting on the serious, I'd have to go with Storm and Beast, they're spot on.
That’s the original rogue lol

So far its been really good.

Only questionable decision is using the purple costume for Magneto, it was in the comics but is not from that era, that was a 80s costume.

Watched episode 2.

I’m definitely in. All in. It’s absolutely nailing the nostalgia of the original show.

Magneto is great, costume change aside.

It definitely keeps the drama and heavy hits of the original series. Really hoping it keeps up like this.

Only questionable decision is using the purple costume for Magneto, it was in the comics but is not from that era, that was a 80s costume.
But they are using the story line from that era so it works. This is when he adopts this costume and loses his helmet in the comics, after Xavier dies and asks him to take over the X-Men. Same in the show. If they continue to follow the comics, the helmet will be back.

clean.jpg

Last edited:
I watch so much heavy stuff that before bed I wind down and watch DC Cartoons. This one was always on rotation. I can't wait to see reboot. I like Justice League/Unlimited, Teen Titans, Young Justice, Batman Beyond, a few other Batmans.....they do a great job with these animated series and this X-Men started it.

But they are using the story line from that era so it works. This is when he adopts this costume and loses his helmet in the comics, after Xavier dies and asks him to take over the X-Men. Same in the show. If they continue to follow the comics, the helmet will be back.

clean.jpg
Seeing Fenris (the Strucker twins) just brings back all the memories.

As much as I like 90's X-Men, 80's is when I got into the comics so I have a ton of nostalgia for that era.
For me the mid 70's to the late 80's is really "my" X-Men. From Giant Sized #1 to when the team magically ended up in Australia. After that I just became a casual reader because I really didn't like the team make up anymore.

For me the mid 70's to the late 80's is really "my" X-Men. From Giant Sized #1 to when the team magically ended up in Australia. After that I just became a casual reader because I really didn't like the team make up anymore.
I was more late 80's to mid 90's, but I was born in '83 so that was the sweet spot of my childhood. A lot of the 80's stuff I went back to after the fact picking them up from comic book shops. Man I miss those days.

Watched both episodes tonight (don't think I ever watched the original series). Really enjoyed both. Making Cyclops not look like a complete bitch was a nice touch.

Nice to hear. Cyclops was always worthless in the original show. Except when Mr Sinister came in. He found his balls during that arc.

Back