Television X-MEN '97 (First Official Trailer, post #292)

100% agreed.

I have 0% interest in the planned Invincible movie.

After Deadpool 3, unless its a shockingly great preview of what future X-Men films will be like, the MCU is dead.

Look into his origins. He's essentially two of the biggest baddies in the comics merged into one.

I don't want to blind side anyone with spoilers otherwise I'd just say it. He's going to be a problem for them, for sure.
Meh I've been a loose follower of the comics. I know Magneto, Onslaught, Dark Phoenix, Apocalypse. Shadow King and Legion. Any main who is not on the list won't impress me no matter how many gimmicks he has. It's like oh what a twist, a villain no one knows of.

Meh I've been a loose follower of the comics. I know Magneto, Onslaught, Dark Phoenix, Apocalypse. Shadow King and Legion. Any main who is not on the list won't impress me no matter how many gimmicks he has. It's like oh what a twist, a villain no one knows of.
Ok...

On a side note the Legion show was fucking awesome. Some of the best Marvel stuff put on screen.

This shows dope. Prob the best thing d+ has done along with Candor

I watched like 30 seconds of this and scrolled through the comments. Whys everyone complaining about some lgbtq shit? Have they even watched the show? I’m against a lot of dumb “woke” shit marvels done but I couldn’t point out anything woke in this series if I tried. There’s 4 or 5 relationships and they’re all straight. The male characters are all super masculine and women are all feminine. The strongest characters in the show are all men. The only remotely gay thing I can even think of was when Morphs showering in the locker room and thinks Wolverine walked in the room but it’s really the goblin queen making him hallucinate and coming to fuck shit up. Or maybe Magneto flying around in his underwear is too homo for some people idk.

Last edited:
First half of the epsiode was boring. Too much soap opera shit about emotions, relationships etc. But the last ten minutes or so...my God. :eek:

That's the Wild Sentinal from Grant Morrison's run. Cassandra Nova used it to attack Genosha and murder 16 million Mutants. Given Nova is the Big Bad of Deadpool and Wolverine, I wonder if she'll make an appearance here.

Gambit and Magneto got awesome, "death scenes" even though we know they'll both come back at some point. Rogue's final line while holding Gambit's corpse brought The Feels,

"I can't feel you..."

<DCrying>[SPOILER[
Damn. I haven't watched any of this new ones but that is easy to imagine. Rogue and Rem will always be a personal favorite. Screenshot_20240412_104343_Puzzle Quest.jpg

That aspect of the plot wasn't borrowed from any 80s or 90s X-Men arc, but it was the closing arc of the Ultimate Universe 'Ultimatum' in which Magneto uses his own version of Cerebro to multiply his power to a global effect... and he reverses the planet's magnetic field to have a detrimental effect on the planet's sea levels.

R.40834f04b6c93c3f52893fd0e75d250b

Highly doubt it was much more than 'thousands' that died, but tens of millions minimum.

The death toll of Genosha was downplayed as well. In the comics, 16 MILLION Mutants were murdered.

To put that into perspective: Cassandra Nova killed more people in a single day than the Nazis managed during the entire Holocaust. :eek:

Last edited:
Damn Magneto going hard as fuck at the end there. This show has been an absolute, knock it out of the park adaption of him.

Showing off that Omega level ability and some serious fucking determination. But in reality the absolute mind boggling death toll that would cause would be in the 10’s if not 100’s of thousands. Magneto giving zero fucks

Magneto never does. There's one story where the X Men try to call him out on switiching sides from Hero to Villain so many times. Eric shuts them down with this reply,

"What none of you understand is: there are no sides. There are no Heroes or Villains. There is only what I want and how I'll get it". :cool:

I actually have more affiliation with the post Wolverine adamantium era than the 90s. I think it's because the plot went from comic hero stuff to more mature plots and the removal of traditional identities. Also tbh I always thought the original sentinel era was lame. Hard to take them serious when they always getting swatted down like tin cans. The sleeper agent stuff is far more intimidating.

The death toll of Genosha was downplayed as well. In the comics, 16 MILLION Mutants were murdered.

To put that into perspective: Cassandra Nova killed more people in a single day than the Nazis managed during the entire Holocaust. :eek:
Imagine if Hitler was an Omega-Level Mutant

Imagine if Hitler was an Omega-Level Mutant

Been done(kind of). In the Uncanny X Men run, a clone of Red Skull digs up Professor X's body and removes a part of his brain, fusing it with his own. Yes, really.

This gives Herr Schmidt all of Charles Xavier's vast Telepathic powers, which he of course uses to kill thousands of people and turn Genosha into a Mutant death camp. Magneto is rather annoyed by this and ends up beating Red Skul; to death with his bare hands. Because killing him with his own powers would have been too quick.

Unfortunately, this bites Magneto and the rest of the world in the ass hard when Schmidt comes back to life as the Red Onslaught...

That ending on that last episode... I know it happens on the comics but I haven't read them in decades so it was surprising. Loving the show. Of course Disney fucks it up by firing the showrunner.

Back