Television X-MEN '97 (First Official Trailer, post #292)

Bastion’s plan is literally called operation zero tolerance lmao

you can be willfully ignorant all you want, but all those things are 100% true & coded all throughout the season.

Willfully ignorant? I've said I detected bits of social agendas in the episodes that are easy to ignore, its called subtlety. The only obvious part was making Morph gay.

'Woke' is when its heavy-handed, and shoving the social agendas down the audience's throats.

Just finished the 5th episode -

I heard vague descriptions of the events of this episode, which is why I split my opinion between two posts, and after watching the last 20 minutes of the episode.... I got chills.

I could feel the hair on the back of my neck stand straight up.

That's rare, when watching anything so intense that I have a physical reaction.

I can count on my hands the amount of times this has happened, and they're very few and far between. The last time was watching The Battle Of The Bastards from GoT.

Nothing more needs to be said about the specifics of the episode.

Willfully ignorant? I've said I detected bits of social agendas in the episodes that are easy to ignore, its called subtlety. The only obvious part was making Morph gay.

'Woke' is when its heavy-handed, and shoving the social agendas down the audience's throats.
Honestly, this had to of been one of the weakest, and yet loudest criticisms of this show. If we were putting the Xmen in live action, as we're about to see in the next few years, what would gender and sexual attraction mean to a person that shapeshifts?
If you could turn into anything that you wanted, your experience as a male, female, and with sex and attraction wouldn't be the same as a regular person. It'd actually make the most sense for them to be nonbinary.

So the Magneto Protocols involved...

Shooting missiles at a huge asteriod that, had it crashed, would have sent Mankind the way of the Dinosaurs?

Episode 4 - The 'Filler Episode' with Mojo and the cringe retro gaming. Usually I appreciate the attempt of nostalgia but they overdid it, when we were looking forward for more substance after a week of looking forward to what happens next... there isn't much here but Julilee and Sunspot having their first kiss, and Forge revealing he has romantic feelings for Storm.

This was the last episode I downloaded and watched in its entirety. Onward to Episode 5.
That was the only "meh" episode for me. Boy howdy, it ramps way the fuck up, dude.

Overall the show was great. Looking forward to the next season.

Side note, what happened to bastion? We just saw him kind of disintegrate into the core of the asteroid.

Last edited:
Honestly, this had to of been one of the weakest, and yet loudest criticisms of this show. If we were putting the Xmen in live action, as we're about to see in the next few years, what would gender and sexual attraction mean to a person that shapeshifts?

Gen V, The Boys spinoff, already covered this.
OIP.CpLeFFo6Aq2TNZRj-H26DwHaD4

OIP.YrqlwOKsbKHAt7HPB_XZEAAAAA

If you could turn into anything that you wanted, your experience as a male, female, and with sex and attraction wouldn't be the same as a regular person. It'd actually make the most sense for them to be nonbinary.
For the X-Men canon, the mutant gene becomes activated during puberty, not at birth. So Morph would have a solidified gender throughout his young childhood as a man, a biological man, as he always was throughout the OG series.

Thankfully against the promotional material's claims, there's no outright mentions of gender throughout the entire season. And 'switching your gender because you feel like a gender' wasn't a thing in 1997.

As for the 'will they/won't they' with Logan, I'm sure this is a reflection of the conflict that gay men, and women, have that they're romantically attracted to their straight friends. Logan is oblivious to his friend's romantic feelings for him because Morph hows what his reaction would be.

Last edited:
Gen V, The Boys spinoff, already covered this.
OIP.CpLeFFo6Aq2TNZRj-H26DwHaD4

OIP.YrqlwOKsbKHAt7HPB_XZEAAAAA

For the X-Men canon, the mutant gene becomes activated during puberty, not at birth. So Morph would have a solidified gender throughout his young childhood as a man, a biological man, as he always was throughout the OG series.

Thankfully against the promotional material's claims, there's no outright mentions of gender throughout the entire season. And 'switching your gender because you feel like a gender' wasn't a thing in 1997.

As for the 'will they/won't they' with Logan, I'm sure this is a reflection of the conflict that gay men, and women, have that they're romantically attracted to their straight friends. Logan is oblivious to his friend's romantic feelings for him because Morph hows what his reaction would be.
They really didn't spend enough time on Morph to get much of who he is as a character. His screentime was mostly one liners and transformations during battle scenes. So who knows what he really thinks and feels.
Morph had a solidified sex at birth, not gender. But even going past that, once the mutant gene activates, how they were born doesn't matter.

Spare us the John Money 'Sex is different than gender' bullshit, and it wasn't a thing in 1997 regardless of pedophile sexologists were trying to make it be a thing.
Blame your political brain rot on your inability to understand a simple point. I'm not talking about politics. I'm not talking about what people were talking about in 1997. (as if the ideas and feelings related to gender didn't exist then) I'm not talking about a broader lgbtq whatever movement.
You brainwashed dorks are incapable of looking at material for what it is and debating it on that merit.
If Morph is born with a penis, (his sex) how he feels about gender when he can literally morph his body into anything could change overtime. His voice, body, and even abilities change, so it would be reasonable to assume that would have an effect on how and what he thinks and feels in a broader sense--that goes beyond gender, it would apply to every facet of the human experience. That is an interesting thing to consider and go into that is unique to characters that shapeshift.

Blame your political brain rot on your inability to understand a simple point. I'm not talking about politics.

You're talking about ideology.

I'm talking about facts.

I'm not talking about what people were talking about in 1997. (as if the ideas and feelings related to gender didn't exist then) I'm not talking about a broader lgbtq whatever movement.
You're talking about modern beliefs and applying them to a character set in 1997, where such beliefs weren't widely known beyond bizarre professors.

You brainwashed dorks are incapable of looking at material for what it is and debating it on that merit.
Do you even know who John Money is, or what he did?

If Morph is born with a penis, (his sex) how he feels about gender when he can literally morph his body into anything could change overtime. His voice, body, and even abilities change, so it would be reasonable to assume that would have an effect on how and what he thinks and feels in a broader sense--that goes beyond gender, it would apply to every facet of the human experience. That is an interesting thing to consider and go into that is unique to characters that shapeshift.
And all of that would be so interesting if everyone wasn't able to change their gender at any time, or any reason, based off their 'feelings.' Change it once for their entire lifetime, or three times within a conversation. Why not? Some genders are more fluid than others, right?

Any man can have an operation to turn themselves into 'a woman,' or rather just turn their penis into an non-functional vagina.
And any woman can have an operation to turn them into 'a man' with skin grafted from their arm into a non-functional penis.

By the way, have you seen a post-op non-functional penis or vagina?

Morph's ability to change his form is practically irrelevant to that. He's nothing special whatsoever. He has nothing on Caitlin Kenner.
Morph would never win 'Woman Of The Year.'

Last edited:
So the end credit scene reveals Apocalypse is coming.

That was the only "meh" episode for me. Boy howdy, it ramps way the fuck up, dude.
I will call it now and say from here on out episode 4 of each season will be a filler episode

Morph missed his chance to get on that admantium boner

I didn't love the ending.

They separated the teams into Magneto/Xavier just to reunite them with no problem, I say the whole acolytes/asteroid M subplot needed to run longer.

Not fond of time traveling ending.

Mojo is so sassy and extra and just completely dominates everything. Reminded me of how much i hated that episode as a kid. Its just obvious filler.

Mojo is so sassy and extra and just completely dominates everything. Reminded me of how much i hated that episode as a kid. Its just obvious filler.
Keeping up with that stuff would have thrown off the whole thing, but just being basically a half episode one-off made it tolerable. There's so much sweet stuff going on overall. Magneto getting brain slapped by Professor X was so satisfying.

Back