Multiplatform XDefiant (Release: TBA)

Looks they are dropping the Tom Clancy branding for the game

Looks they are dropping the Tom Clancy branding for the game

One of the smarter decisions they've made in recent years but it took playerbase backlash (again) to get here; they're curiously clueless or at a real disconnect with players.

Fellas, Xdefiant looking...dare I say it, damn fun; looks like Ubi San Francisco is going away from the stiffer movement mechanics and overcomplications of Modern Warfare II and getting adrenal with it. Check out where user feedback has gotten us right now:
  • Fast, fluid movement
  • Proper minimap w/ red dots
  • Bright colored, good-looking maps
  • No SBMM
  • 14 maps at launch
  • Solid UI
  • Fun, arcade-like gameplay (like BO2/BO4)

How the dawg pound feel about this title right now? After initial criticisms of being under the Clancy umbrella, I'm feeling it ATM as a standalone FPS in the space.

cc: @what-wut, @weaselkenievil, @Cherry Brigand

Jeff. ^ Thoughts? @jefferz

There’s no SBMM, so I won’t play it.
Dominating lower skilled players, or getting wrecked by higher skilled players, isn’t fun for me. There’s no feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day.

Fellas, Xdefiant looking...dare I say it, damn fun; looks like Ubi San Francisco is going away from the stiffer movement mechanics and overcomplications of Modern Warfare II and getting adrenal with it. Check out where user feedback has gotten us right now:
  • Fast, fluid movement
  • Proper minimap w/ red dots
  • Bright colored, good-looking maps
  • No SBMM
  • 14 maps at launch
  • Solid UI
  • Fun, arcade-like gameplay (like BO2/BO4)

How the dawg pound feel about this title right now? After initial criticisms of being under the Clancy umbrella, I'm feeling it ATM as a standalone FPS in the space.

cc: @what-wut, @weaselkenievil, @Cherry Brigand

Very interesting need to know more about the features and game modes, if they have a resurgence then I'm all in.

I used to play Snd and br modes either regular br or resurgence

Last edited:
I got beta invites but never played it for some reason. I just kept ignoring the invites to play. They only had a small window to test from what I remember and it wasn't at a good time for me. It was like Friday from 5pm to 8pm. I do like the gameplay I've seen from it.

Played it

It's like if Apex and Black ops 4 had a love child, I'm enjoying it

Played it

It's like if Apex and Black ops 4 had a love child, I'm enjoying it
I’ve read something about abilities. Are there SHD tech or some class gadgetry for operators?

I’ve read something about abilities. Are there SHD tech or some class gadgetry for operators?

no SHD tech, pretty much goes by which class you pick and it gives some specialties like health/shield, invisibility cloaks, nothing really special imo

Goddamn, even for Ubisoft this is some generic ass shit ...

Goddamn, even for Ubisoft this is some generic ass shit ...
That's ironically the appeal for many though; this dressed-down style of play is actually clever right now given otherwise overthought, wrongly-innovated titles in the space. I think this could move a lot of units, TBH. Ubi got serious financial and managerial issues right now though so let's see how it's marketed and development continues. I'm expecting a buggy launch either way because even in good years Ubi passed QA onto Y1 guinea pigs.

Yeah I'm surprised there is no one life mode announced, why would they limit themselves like this. I'm fairly certain they will get around to it eventually but it would have been better if it was included at launch.

Somehow last week(?) i stumbled upon Scump playing it on Twitch. Looked like a proper AAA studio attempt in making a COD clone.

Yeah I'm surprised there is no one life mode announced,

Arcade based hero shooters dont work with one life game modes. Overwhelming majority of players attracted to such a sub-genre seek a respawn styled systems.

Somehow last week(?) i stumbled upon Scump playing it on Twitch. Looked like a proper AAA studio attempt in making a COD clone.

Arcade based hero shooters dont work with one life game modes. Overwhelming majority of players attracted to such a sub-genre seek a respawn styled systems.
maybe so, but plenty of cod players are looking for something new because of the ass movement in mw2, it would be smart to cater to them.

maybe so, but plenty of cod players are looking for something new because of the ass movement in mw2, it would be smart to cater to them.

COD is a Battle Royale game following Fortnites content and advertiser patch cadence. XDefiant is a another test game by Ubisoft to see if a pre-Warzone COD still has a viable market with console FPS players.

COD has a glaring long term problem now that Fortnite supports mod and map making.

Confirmed by Ubi devs in closed-door presentation that game will have 14 launch maps (many classic three-lane design) and day one pubs + ranked play.

Previous XCOM and Call of Duty developers like Mark Rubin were a big part of the development process, to add. For SBMM (I know it's a polarising issue), there's ranked mode – but pubs will be open MM for Ubi wanting to bring back old-school melee to the genre.

WPNs will have as many as 40 modifications plus camo grind and mastery camos. From gameplay I've seen, the KRISS Vector looks like a candidate for meta; it's a shredder up to mid.

Visuals are nothing to write home about (set-pieces look stylistically like Division 2 flip) but gunplay and movement look very fun. Something I liked Ubi did is each operator ability has an opposing operator with a counter for strategic play and faction/char select. Most are likening this to BLOPS 2.

Game will be F2P, to re-confirm, with MTX plus storefront not unlike Apex. I'm pretty sure there will be vanity to rep the Cleaners from the Division series to include flame-thrower.

Just wanted to share tidbits with the fam.

Art/Concept:

De.png

Played a bit this past weekend and I liked it. Wish I would have tried more classes but my time was limited and only used the healer which wasn't working for me. Couldn't help my team like I thought I could.

Back