Xu Can vs Wood July 31st DAZN

I think stoppage was ok he clearly didn’t recover from the knockdown and red can’t let him eat unanswered shots for another 20sec

I think stoppage was ok he clearly didn’t recover from the knockdown and red can’t let him eat unanswered shots for another 20sec

It wasn’t horrid. However it is a title fight and Wood was missing many of those. The Ref could have let it go a bit longer.

Calm down Eddie lmao

Can seemed like he had a big off night, not enough activity, and Leigh Wood boxed out of his skin. Thought Can had a lot of problems with that stiff lead arm and ended up eating a lot of body shots and jabs to the stomach.

That was a good little fight. I actually enjoyed the entire card for the most part. Nice to see the underdog win the title in his own backyard.

Can seemed like he had a big off night, not enough activity, and Leigh Wood boxed out of his skin. Thought Can had a lot of problems with that stiff lead arm and ended up eating a lot of body shots and jabs to the stomach.
Didn’t seem to like woods power he could hang in and take it but throw him off his plan

Not taking anything away from Wood, he fought a good fight, but that was not how Xu normally fights.

Not taking anything away from Wood, he fought a good fight, but that was not how Xu normally fights.

It seemed like that (illegal) straight left arm in his face really put him off from the start and he never got into his rhythm.

Wood was also doing a lot of the things Davison talked about in commentary a couple of weeks ago, most importantly being busy in between exchanges.

It worked for them, so props to Wood and Davison (though he is still irritating as hell).

I would note that Xu normally fights lesser competition, who surrender the mid-range to him freely

Back