Yamaha THR ii

rj144

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Anyone getting one of these? I have the THR 10c and it's awesome. Probably going to pick one up when it comes out:

Nothing?

I ordered one already. It'll be here in a few days.

Not a fan of solid state amps, but it's fine for practicing. But then again, most people won't be spending 1k on an amp.

I'm thinking about picking up an AER Compact 60 if they go on sale for my classical stuff, its a solid state itself. So I'm extremely wary. Idk what to do with that tbh

Last edited:
Not a fan of solid state amps, but it's fine for practicing. But then again, most people won't be spending 1k on an amp.

I'm thinking about picking up an AER Compact 60 if they go on sale for my classical stuff, its a solid state itself. So I'm extremely wary. Idk what to do with that tbh

I have a tube setup. The Yamaha THR sounds 95% as good.

What is your tube set up? What guitars are you playing through it?

I have a Monoprice 15 W into a 2x12 cab with Celeston Vintage 30s. I have a bunch of guitars, but mostly a three goldfoil PU Supro and an Eastman SB 59v with Lollar humbuckers.

I have a Monoprice 15 W into a 2x12 cab with Celeston Vintage 30s. I have a bunch of guitars, but mostly a three goldfoil PU Supro and an Eastman SB 59v with Lollar humbuckers.

Could be you don't like the Celeston Vintage 30s den.

Haven't played a monoprice 15w. So I can't comment on why a solid state would be 95%.

Could be you don't like the Celeston Vintage 30s den.

Haven't played a monoprice 15w. So I can't comment on why a solid state would be 95%.

No dude. They both sound good. You need to play one of these things:

Got the 30 ii a little while ago. After the speakers broke in, and I tweaked things a bit, it sounds really good. These little amps are really sweet.

Back