Yan is a lock to beat Aljo right?

I think both of their title runs, Aljo was clearly the better fighter fighter winning better matches and that's why he should be champ now, not Yan.

On the other hand, I think Yan's training camps have been amazing and he's working on exactly what he needs to work on, and he's a huge threat to Aljo. So he just might remain champ, and Aljo won't get to say he once held the belt he earned, and that's a minor tragedy

rooting for sterling. reach and grappling for the W.

Yan has a poor resume but has better everything than Sterling. His standup is crisp and clean, and he will find a home for big shots amongst Sterling's spastic movement. In the clinch, he is unmatched in BW, perhaps all of MMA. Trips, knees and savage shots off the break. On the ground, he is a unit. Serious wrestler, beat Magomedov who is a beast on the ground, good control and great anti-wrestling. Master of movement, master of striking, Yan with the round 4 tko.

Odds makers don’t agree with your statement but go ahead bet on Yan if you have the balls

I just don't see anywhere Aljo has even a slight advantage apart from maybe finishing from the back.

Yan is a far superior striker and has dealt with better wrestlers than Aljo, like Magomed Magomedov. He has also gone to Dagestan recently to work on his wrestling even more.

Yan also has nasty takedowns, trips, and ground game of his own so Aljo is in danger everywhere.

Yan knocks him out inside 2 rounds, can't see any other result

What about magomedov makes him a better grappler than Aljo?

I still remember when Barao was a lock against Dillashaw.

I said that about the aljo and sandhagen fight so now I’m not gonna doubt the funkmaster

Aljo has a vastly superior resume thus far, definitely not a "lock". I like aljo in this, especially after his dismantling of sandhagen who's been a impressive as anybody

259 is looking like a damn good card if no one gets covid or injured. I wouldn't count Aljo out.

<{cruzshake}>
No lock..

Potential FOTY contender though.

Yan is a -145 favorite. Pretty far from a lock, as far as the odds are concerned.

I don’t think so. His best win is a past his prime Aldo who gave him some trouble until he gassed. He’s actually a bit unproven against top level competition imo. He hasn’t faced a grappler like Sterling nor a rangy kicker like him either. Far from a lock imo.

Yall got Aljo fucked up. Yan gonna be hitting a lot of air and if Aljo gets him down he's in trouble

I just don't see anywhere Aljo has even a slight advantage apart from maybe finishing from the back.

Yan is a far superior striker and has dealt with better wrestlers than Aljo, like Magomed Magomedov. He has also gone to Dagestan recently to work on his wrestling even more.

Yan also has nasty takedowns, trips, and ground game of his own so Aljo is in danger everywhere.

Yan knocks him out inside 2 rounds, can't see any other result
You’re vastly over rating Yan. Vastly.

Yan has him outclassed (better striking, wrestling good enough to neutralize Aljo's, better stamina) but he could still get caught. Odds are about 60/40 in Yan's favor I think.

Oh, old thread.

Back