You guys just hate Usman. He was far superior and that was a lucky kick.

I'll eat my crow tonight with extra salt, but it is clear in a rubber match Edwards just got a well placed kick.
Usman is extremely accomplished as a fighter, but the hate is more from his questionable USADA body, his cheating in the cage, his weird personality.. doesn't help any WW goes against the GSP schizo club either.

mY53PBX.jpg

I agree and disagree.

Usman is better and more than likely should win the rematch. He was clearly up in rounds and less than a minute away from a unanimous decision.

I don’t think it was lucky though. It was a good shot. If by luck you mean lucky that Usman made a mistake sure, but it was still a good shot. It was more of a mistake on Usman than it just being a lucky shot IMO.

I agree and disagree.

Usman is better and more than likely should win the rematch. He was clearly up in rounds and less than a minute away from a unanimous decision.

I don’t think it was lucky though. It was a good shot. If by luck you mean lucky that Usman made a mistake sure, but it was still a good shot. It was more of a mistake on Usman than it just being a lucky shot IMO.
I think that's a more than fair point

I'll eat my crow tonight with extra salt, but it is clear in a rubber match Edwards just got a well placed kick.

I am not sure lucky is the right word. He knew exactly what he was doing and it landed clean. If this is "lucky" then every single clean KO in UFC is lucky. Sure he was behind and needed a KO to win, but he knew that going into the 5th.

Plenty people are already picking Usman in a rematch already.

I think the context of that kick well understood.

Stop being salty. Usman still got caught.

If you have ever and I mean ever trained must Thai/kickboxing…. You know that when you Throw the left the kick with the right. And if you throw the right you kick with the left. There is absolutely no luck, that Leon threw with the left and threw the left kick.it is counterproductive and you would have to have a read on the opponent to be able to throw the left and left kick.

Imagine how funny it'd be with Leon getting completely dominated in the rematch and winning via last second headkick with the other leg lmao.

This fight just made it blatantly obvious to me that Usman is on some of the best gear available.

While Leon was gassing after the second round Usman somehow got better and more energy despite being older and the one that was carrying the majority of the weight in the first round. Not only that, Leon was the one landing the body shots early.

This is mental gymnastics on your part. Usman was dominant throughout the 2nd round. After both the 3rd and 4th rounds, Leon returned to his corner extremely dejected and borderline broken.

This is overly dramatic for no reason.

round 1: 10-9 Edwards
round 2: 10-9 Usman
round 3: 10-9 Usman
round 4: 10-9 Usman
round 5: Edwards KO win

Even if Usman survived the knockdown, he would have won a 3-2 decision getting dominated in two rounds.

To suggest Leon Edwards is LUCKY in his TENTH consecutive UFC win is absolutely ridiculous. I feel bad for you - don't live vicariously through this stuff, that isn't healthy.

When all is said and done, excuses or whatever, the fact is if you bet on Leon Edwards tonight you made yourself a lot of money.

Back