You kids seem confused, Usman and Colby best WWs ever and they would destroy GSP under today's rules

This is such a fkin white belt post lmao

GSP in his prime destroys Leon, Usman, and Colby doesn't even belong in the discussion

i will never understand the "usman is better than gsp" argument
better where? he has no bjj, is a inferior wrestler and a way inferior striker
at best you can say he has a better chin and more ko power, but that's it really

The old hardcore true fans of the sport who are not casuals will never accept that all sports evolve and competitors today would whoop the competitors of a decade ago. Neil Magny and Abubakar Nurmagomedov would probably be top 5 title contenders back in GSP era

This is pure nonsense. From 20 years ago perhaps you would have a point. But from 10 years ago?? Come on buddy, wake up. Take a look at who the champs and top 5 fighters were in 2013/2014 and they would all be at the same level, if not better at this time. The sport hasn't evolved in the past 10 years like you think it has.

Ten years ago, Jones, Cain, Anderson or Weidman, GSP, Ben Henderson/Pettis, Aldo, TJ, DJ were all champs. Most of these guys would likely be champs today.

And GTFO with Neil Magny lol. Magny was getting beaten by the likes of Seth Bacynski and Sergio Moraes in GSPs era, a prime Magny got finished by RDA and Larkin who weren't even top WW's.

Wake up!

Colby stop making threads you'ere ireleavant now. You have 1 prime win, RDA. Everyone else was old and on loss streaks. Ducking and rank squatting. Boring fights.

Neil magny was in the ufc losing to scrubs during GSP's reign lol

This evolution is literally the most overrated bullshit I've heard on sherdog. What evolution? GSP is literally more well rounded than Usman, Colby and Leon

Dude was 1-2 in the UFC around the time of GSP's last fight before leaving for 4 years. Please tell me more about that evolution!
Yeah, 10 years ago. This is 10 years later. The fighters who were around back then and are still competing are obviously keeping up with the times. Do you think these guys go to the gym and practice the same shit they were doing in the 90s, training the same way? How is GSP more well rounded, he had a jab and a double leg takedown, he was very good at those 2 things and average by today's standard at everything else, if even that. What is this great well roundedness that he had?

Ok, from now on I'll click the thread just to click on TS' username to "ignore".

I ain't commenting on these white belt threads anymore.

Last time.

Cheers

Edit: oh, forgot I can do that from "outside" of the thread. Even better!

I didn't read all the posts, but has anyone brought up the irony of a thread title calling out kids followed by an OP that was clearly written by a kid? Sherdog has filled my life with humorous irony for a full generation, gotta love it.

Yeah, 10 years ago. This is 10 years later. The fighters who were around back then and are still competing are obviously keeping up with the times. Do you think these guys go to the gym and practice the same shit they were doing in the 90s, training the same way? How is GSP more well rounded, he had a jab and a double leg takedown, he was very good at those 2 things and average by today's standard at everything else, if even that. What is this great well roundedness that he had?
Usman had a jab and hold a guy against the fence..... lol

DAT EVOLUTION!

Usman had a jab and hold a guy against the fence..... lol

DAT EVOLUTION!
Who is Usman doing it to, and who GSP is doing it to. There's more to fighting than just 'durr he's doing the same stuff'. A RNC is still a RNC, a triangle is still a triangle, a jab is still a jab, but what level of opponent you're able to use it on determines what level of fighter you are. If you take the best fighter today and the best fighter 10 years ago, and both of them can only use a jab, do you think it will be a draw? LOL

Who is Usman doing it to, and who GSP is doing it to. There's more to fighting than just 'durr he's doing the same stuff'. A RNC is still a RNC, a triangle is still a triangle, a jab is still a jab, but what level of opponent you're able to use it on determines what level of fighter you are. If you take the best fighter today and the best fighter 10 years ago, and both of them can only use a jab, do you think it will be a draw? LOL
Who is Usman doing it to? Please tell me

Man if you're just gonna play dumb and ignore every point I make then you might as well be quiet and not quote me
What point? You're acting like there is some evolution. What is it? Is it the great Masvidal? The great RDA? The great Maia? Woodley?

Who are all these evolved fighters? Colby?

You're not making any points. You're just hurka durking that because it's newer, it's better.

I don't need to do anything. You're just parroting some bullshit like some sheep with no ability to use your eyes and think for yourself.

Another debate brought this up when someone dared to say Merab had fought someone as good as colby. Merab's BEST fight just happened... vs a 37 year old cejudo who took 3 years off in his prime. Stop cappin as you kids like to say. Now none of that is merab's fault but it doesn't change the facts.

Now could GSP win, of course, but anyone who thinks GSP is better than Usman or Colby is biased. I love GSP too, the MMA rules back then were hilarious. You could get your ass kicked for an entire round, land one takedown, and you win the round. I made some good money betting back then because of that. The oddsmakers had no idea what they were doing and the mma rules were trash tho a lot more predictable than today in good and bad ways.

But, if you think GSP ever fought anyone as good as Usman or Colby then go ahead and post that name here. I'd love to hear about this mystery fight that is not on GSP's record...there is not a single name on there even close to the animals usman and colby still are even just outside their prime maybe.

Be real with yourself here.
Agreed I do think he'd have trouble with Colby not sure how that'd go he's never faught anything like him with high volume strikes to chain wrestling..

And people forget gsp had absolutely nothing for a one eyed old bisping got his ass beat for 5 rounds

Then caught him on his blind side literally all bisping had to do was sit and wait that round woulda ben 48-46 win for him

I don't think GSP could handle colby's pressure, at least, we do not know if he could because we never saw him face anyone like colby in the cage.
GSP murked Bisping at middleweight. This is top 5 WOAT threads

Another debate brought this up when someone dared to say Merab had fought someone as good as colby. Merab's BEST fight just happened... vs a 37 year old cejudo who took 3 years off in his prime. Stop cappin as you kids like to say. Now none of that is merab's fault but it doesn't change the facts.

Now could GSP win, of course, but anyone who thinks GSP is better than Usman or Colby is biased. I love GSP too, the MMA rules back then were hilarious. You could get your ass kicked for an entire round, land one takedown, and you win the round. I made some good money betting back then because of that. The oddsmakers had no idea what they were doing and the mma rules were trash tho a lot more predictable than today in good and bad ways.

But, if you think GSP ever fought anyone as good as Usman or Colby then go ahead and post that name here. I'd love to hear about this mystery fight that is not on GSP's record...there is not a single name on there even close to the animals usman and colby still are even just outside their prime maybe.

Be real with yourself here.
George could beat Colby with a short camp. Easily.

I don't think GSP could handle colby's pressure, at least, we do not know if he could because we never saw him face anyone like colby in the cage.
Georges would use Colbys pressure against him. Colby would get jabbed in the face then dumped on his ass.

Georges record wouldn’t be as good if he had to fight the top guys throughout the past 10 years but he would still be the best. Leon might be his hardest matchup. George still wins more often than he doesnt.

GSP beats Colby 50-45 or 49-46

Back