You'll are acting like suddenly Pena is this mythical elite fighter & Mandy is a bum.

I don't think Pena is that good. That said, I have no reason to believe she can't replicate the 1st fight.

Amanda is what she is. A frontrunner... the moment things stop going her way, she folds pretty quick. Always been this way IMO.

She has to put Juliana away in the 1st 2 rounds or she will probably gas and get tapped out again.
I somewhat agree; compare Nunes to Cyborg - in truth, very similar stylistically. It seems that their particular style lends itself to gassing out when thie initial barrage doesn't work.

yeah uhhh that never happened. Amanda literally rocked her 4 times in the 1st minute then KO'ed her. A couple glancing shots may landed for Cyborg but absolutely nothing of much consequence.

I think you need to rewatch that fight, sir.
I might need to rewatch because i thought the same back then, Cyborg started strong then just traded with the wrong person, but the fight was too short to put it as Nunes didnt quit then, it was nothing to quit just yet, not tired one bit.

Yeah I don't get it either. Nunes didn't take her seriously last time and it showed. I have a feeling Pena is getting steamrolled this time. I think she caught Nunes on an off night and it seems to have gone to her head a little bit.

That was the worst Nunes has looked and that was the best Pena has looked. What happens when the best version of Nunes fights Pena? We shall see tonight, but I think it's a one-sided asswhoopin.

I don't get the basis of it.
The first fight was a lightning in a bottle moment for Pena. She was a mediocre avg fighter who got a title shot on a 1 fight win streak.
She is not a stylistic nightmare for Amanda either. She just had a luck where she got Nunes in a position who was not physically at 100%.

That fight is the epitome of a fluke & Mandy will prove that, Tomorrow. And many of you guys, who suddenly became Pena's fan, will go back flip flopping calling her bum.
Stop trying to get "Mandy" to be a thing.

Also, Pena by submission round 2. Nunes lost here fire. If she goes into the fight like fighting cyborg she kills Pena but I don't see it happening.

the first fight was trash. exciting in the same way watching two people scrap on worldstar though. the punches were looping and winging. nunes got hit with same jab 3x in a row. then nunes quit in round 2, tapping before the choke was set in.

i dont think i've ever seen a fighter just gas in 2 rounds like that . maybe a prelim heavyweight fight between two 40 year olds.

I feel like most people have been saying Amanda is gonna get her belt back. I think she stops Peña before it hits the championship rounds.

How did Pena get lucky? She actually got beat up in the first round and was able to weather the storm. Amanda is a front runner.

Nunes can win this. She just met a person who she can't put out easily. Nunes is more technically sound like Pena. She doesn't have to brawl or try to put Pena away. She should take the fight slower and land punches along with leg kicks. It's the lack of respect for Pena's durability and Nune's own conditioning that caused the loss.

I don't think Pena is that good. That said, I have no reason to believe she can't replicate the 1st fight.

Amanda is what she is. A frontrunner... the moment things stop going her way, she folds pretty quick. Always been this way IMO.

She has to put Juliana away in the 1st 2 rounds or she will probably gas and get tapped out again.

But you know what she has the ability to do well, is adjust in rematches and learn from her mistakes. When she fought an elite fighter in Shevchenko she was winning the fight and got tired in the 3rd round where Val won that clearly. In the rematch she took a much more measured approach and paced herself better and won a close decision. I think she will fight much more measured in this fight and pick Pena apart. The first fight she just slugged it out and fell right into Pena's strengths.

I might need to rewatch because i thought the same back then, Cyborg started strong then just traded with the wrong person, but the fight was too short to put it as Nunes didnt quit then, it was nothing to quit just yet, not tired one bit.
Cyborg literally landed 1 head strike...a glancing shot. At no point was Amanda even a little hurt

Back