Your favorite game in the last 10 years?

Breath of the Wild played that to death with my oldest. Nostalgia is a powerful marketing tool.

It took me a while, but it finally really clicked for me after about 30 hours. I was really getting into it and my initial complaints about it faded away. I was even having fun with the base building and crafting, and getting deep into that...and then it hard crashed my console. Not just a crash to desktop. A complete flat lining of everything. Only game that has ever done it. Haven't touched it since. Fucking Bethesda.

Anyways, for me it's either The Witcher 3, or RDR2.

Damn that's crazy. What console was it? Were you able to get a repair?

For the question in OP.. hard to decide. I typically only play through games once, and while there are a lot I enjoyed, I haven't put enough time in any of them to have a favorite.

My top are Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Metroid Dread, Ghost of Tsushima, Forza Horizon series

Damn that's crazy. What console was it? Were you able to get a repair?

Xbone. It didn't kill it, it just hard crashed it. It froze, and then the whole thing just went black. Couldn't do shit. The power light was still on and I had to unplug it. Took a lot longer than usual to start back up afterwards.

It happened in that Vault DLC, where they give you this huge vault to base build in, but it also has scripted moments, where you get invaded by a bunch of super mutants. I think it has issues with handling a lot of action, period, let alone in zones with a lot of user created content. Of all the games I've played, F4 has been the only one to regularly crash, and it always seemed to happen during big action moments. I'll get one here and there with other games, but F4 is almost a guarantee to crash at least once 25% of the time I played it. There's something about that engine my system doesn't like. It's usually no big deal, and just goes to desktop for an easy restart, but I don't tempt fate if it flash KO's the whole system.

Last edited:
God of War, Bloodborne, Last of Us, Disco Elysium.

GTA V aka GTA Online. I still hop on regularly 9 years on. They've added so much content over the years it's insane. One of the best SP and MP games ever and a great co-op game. Met lots of cool people on there over the years and we've become good friends as well as some cool people from Sherdog on there too.

Batman: Arkham Knight
The Last of Us
DarkQuest 2

But if I had to pick one:
vC7trMorHJgbImp8PCQvpI0p.png

Fallout 4

Then maybe Witcher 3 or GTA V

Hades
TLOU 2
Elden Ring
BOTW
The Witcher 3