• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Your heavy bag gloves

titlesports_2033_113857660

Need to invest on some better gloves though.

using 14oz twins right now.....they're great. im deciding between windy & fairtex for my next pair

I thought 14oz-16oz was ideal for the heavy bag??

It's only a difference in weight, not protection. I feel like my 12oz gloves protect just as good if not better than some 16oz gloves I own. I use 12oz mainly on the heavy bag and sometimes for mitt work to work on speed; I always use 16oz when sparring and doing any skills/drills type scenarios. I really just think it's personal preference.

title platinum or reyes pro fight gloves

May I ask how the Reyes pro fight gloves feel for ya? Does it give adequate protection, hows the glove fit and feel on your hand?

I have the Grant Pro fight glove and its very nice, but its built for protection.

I also have a 12 ounce pro Winnings glove, and that is of course like butter. The Winnings pro 8 to 18 ounce are all built the same, only size and amount of padding is different(because of size not distribution). Unlike say Grant or Reyes pro fight and training gloves. Grant PFGs actually have more protection per surface area than the trainers. It really should be the other way around if you ask me...

Thanks,

KShaft

how are those boon bag gloves? i been thinking about buying a pair.

I love them. I like them better than the Cleto Reyes and that's saying alot. They just fit my hands better. They have this little pad on the palm side of the fingers that makes your fist very tight.

Email [email protected]

I bet they can get you a better price than the US distributor.

Some time I'll need to get somebody to tell me why traditional bag gloves are like that. I don't get it - it looks like little protection and close to zero wrist support...

I like traditional bag gloves better than full boxing gloves because it forces you to use correct punching technique. With big boxing gloves you can get away with sloppy technique, but with traditional bag gloves you will hurt yourself.

Most people don't have the patience to slowly build up the wrist strength and develop correct punching technique to be able to use traditional bag gloves, they want to slam away on the bag from day one.

Back