Your thoughts/experiences with resistance bands

lion paw

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm going to be frank: I hate the gym. However, physical fitness and health are a must. I haven't lifted weights in years and honestly, I think they can get boring. But, I have on and off used resistance bands to get some sort of exercise. I have different bands with different tensions. I like their convenience and I can throw them anywhere.

Have any of you had any good/bad experiences with resistance bands? Or have any of you used bands only for a workout for a short or long period of time? Furthermore, what are some of the good brand name resistance bands? I've used golds and I've heard of Gorilla-something bands.

Hello. For me personally I never had a huge desire to train with resistance bands. I neither had a good nor bad experience with them and I primarily used them to increase my shoulders endurance for boxing. However I am looking at the Neck Flex http://www.theneckflex.com/take-action/ however, I'm not sure if I want to spend a $100.

I used them back in the day for P90X program. Not bad actually, but only had one set.

i had to use them for physical therapy to gain muscle back in my shoulder and bicep. they work. i'd rather use free weights though. but if they were all i had to use i'd use them again.

I would use them as a rehab tool only

Back