News Zabit no longer wants to fight Yair; Wants the winner of Volkanovski vs Ortega instead + Update

Yeah Zabit definitely needs to get more active.

He got signed when he was 26 with all the time and momentum in the world; now he's already 30 and is yet to fight a top-5 opponent or experience a 5-rounder.

Plus I bet cutting weight is not getting any easier with age. He's lanky and slim but he's still a 6'1 FW after all.
He was set for a 5 rounder but his manager and himself cried and complained until he got to headline an event but with a 3 round ME.

Wtf is even up with Yair? Talented dude and exciting to watch, but he fights 1 or 2 times, then is out for years at a time. Shit is annoying, I feel like fighters that do that squander their potential and their prime. Then there's always that question of what could have been. Zabit is up there too as of now, as well as Makachev. Cain is probably the biggest example. Could have been the HW goat, but couldn't stay healthy, then just kinda faded away.

Let him fight next for the title. He's a great fighter. He hasn't lost to Volkanovski yet. He's a legit threat. He's got a two rounds fan friendly style. Joe Rogan loves talking about him. Let him fight and win and then Max can fight Zabit and get his belt back.

It's a win win. And it helps make the 145lb division interesting for another year.

If you feed Zabit to Max then we get Max vs Volk or Ortega 3 or 2 which we've all seen before.
Reward the guy who hasn't fought 2019 since? Yeah nah mate, and for the record Volk would run over him, he's actually fought against the best the division has to offer and won whilst Zabit's been having a lover's quarrel with Yair.

Zabit vs Max is the fight to make. Also Zabit would easily beat Volkanovski if he fought him.
200.gif

Feed Zabit to Cejudo #1 contender 5 rounds.

I can't imagine he's been out so long and training like a mad man in the meantime. There are plenty of FW contenders to fight in a 5R title eliminator.

Holloway or Kattar 2 in a main event

Back