Zhang has a higher finish ratio than Cyborg...

And her only loss was her first fight which was a decision loss. Nunes has been finished 3 times, Cyborg twice, Shevchenko once.
Put her up against the competition that Nune, Shev, and Chris have and she'd have more than one loss and would indeed have been finished.

Talk about over hyping. She out brawled a brawler and now she is the new greatest female ever - according to sherdog.

lol why did you calculate Zhang's finish rate by using her finishes in wins, but the others by using finishes in total fights?

I used Zhangs total fights mate. It was a typo. Should have been 81%.

Shev was "finished" by a cut stoppage in a fight she was dominating if u actually watched it

I did see the fight and you are correct but it is still listed as a stoppage.

Plenty of fights are stopped because of cuts. If you do enough damage to another fighter to get a stoppage by cuts its still a stoppage you created.

She fought Nunes, Holm, and Coenen. Thats far better competition than Zhang's

And she lost to Nunes, I don't know if I would consider that an accomplishment. Holm is 2-5 in her last 7 with those two wins being over a very overhyped Anderson and an absolute shitfest against Bethe. She was 1-3 going into her fight with Cyborg and actually won the first two rounds.

Coenen lost to Modafferi twice... Cyborg's win over her was what about 14 months after she got popped for PED's? Hmmm

Andrade came into this fight with a win over Thug Rose. That's a bigger win than Holm or Coenen by a long margin...

No, actually it's really not. Valentina was winning that fight, and one of Carmouche's kicks opened up a cut on Valentina's face and the referee stopped the fight. It was in no way a decisive finish.
Yes actually it is. A doctor is declaring that you aren't able to safely defend yourself in a fight. Absolutely no difference between that and a referee stopping a fight except the doctor is a medical professional and a referee is just someone that is hired by a commission.
no it's not...losing by cut is not really losing...you can't help it if your skin cuts...you can be cut, cause you simply cut easy for whatever reason..doesn't mean you were hurt in any way...so it's not a legit win by any means...

You lost the fight, you can help if your skin cuts simply by not getting hit in the face. It means you can't safely continue to fight according to a medical professional, you lost.

Yes actually it is. A doctor is declaring that you aren't able to safely defend yourself in a fight. Absolutely no difference between that and a referee stopping a fight except the doctor is a medical professional and a referee is just someone that is hired by a commission.

You lost the fight, you can help if your skin cuts simply by not getting hit in the face. It means you can't safely continue to fight according to a medical professional, you lost.
No, again, it's not. Liz Carmouche did nothing to win that fight other than land that kick. Carmouche had nothing for her that whole fight. Giving the illusion that it was some decisive finish is dishonest, and it's bull.

Also, did you just say "don't get hit in the face?" Really, you did just say that didn't you? Did you even watch the fight in question?

And she lost to Nunes, I don't know if I would consider that an accomplishment. Holm is 2-5 in her last 7 with those two wins being over a very overhyped Anderson and an absolute shitfest against Bethe. She was 1-3 going into her fight with Cyborg and actually won the first two rounds.

Its not an accomplishment, but you can't lose if you don't fight elites consistently.

Andrade came into this fight with a win over Thug Rose. That's a bigger win than Holm or Coenen by a long margin...

Thats Andrade's wins, not Weili's. Nice MMA Math right there.

Yes, if people would be real, most women MMA fighters are garbage.

The Valentinas, Nuneses, are rare. (Hell, Rhonda Rousey was garbage, and beat mostly garbage. The first truly badass fighter Roussey faced was Holy Holm, who murdered her.)

That said, watch Zhang move ... and you can see she is a world-class fighter. Punches, kicks, knees, elbows, reflexes, anti-grappling, instincts ... all world class.

Zhang is easily as good as anyone else in women's MMA, and more physical and stronger than most.

Based on her sensational record ... as well as how she moved ... decimating the fighter who Rose had to run from ... I rate Zhang over Amanda Nunes and equal to Shevchenko (who is also better than Nunes, pound-for-pound).

If Zhang were Nunes size, she would beat her. She is more of an athlete, and at least as strong, IMO.

Yo...Please tell me this is a long drawn out troll job because if it is I'll be the first to give you a standing ovation........

If not then my first question is..........have you lost your mind?

Yo...Please tell me this is a long drawn out troll job because if it is I'll be the first to give you a standing ovation........
If not then my first question is..........have you lost your mind?

No, I just have higher standards in what constitutes a great fighter than you do.

No, I just have higher standards in what constitutes a great fighter than you do.

Oh shit....your really are serious. Yo you gotta get some new standards man, cause your right, yours are high as shit... Just start from reality and try not to stray to far away.

Oh shit....your really are serious. Yo you gotta get some new standards man, cause your right, yours are high as shit... Just start from reality and try not to stray to far away.

No, I admire skillsets that are deep, wide, and real ... not flash-in-the-pan nothings.

Weile is the real deal ... mark my words.

Its a shame Cyborg best years were being blacklisted and practically begging to get fights.

She's a SF OG.

Yes, if people would be real, most women MMA fighters are garbage.

The Valentinas, Nuneses, are rare. (Hell, Rhonda Rousey was garbage, and beat mostly garbage. The first truly badass fighter Roussey faced was Holy Holm, who murdered her.)

That said, watch Zhang move ... and you can see she is a world-class fighter. Punches, kicks, knees, elbows, reflexes, anti-grappling, instincts ... all world class.

Zhang is easily as good as anyone else in women's MMA, and more physical and stronger than most.

Based on her sensational record ... as well as how she moved ... decimating the fighter who Rose had to run from ... I rate Zhang over Amanda Nunes and equal to Shevchenko (who is also better than Nunes, pound-for-pound).

If Zhang were Nunes size, she would beat her. She is more of an athlete, and at least as strong, IMO.
Lol, I hate Ronda but do you mean the same Holly who was left sleeping in the cage by a girl Ronda beat twice?

I did see the fight and you are correct but it is still listed as a stoppage.

Plenty of fights are stopped because of cuts. If you do enough damage to another fighter to get a stoppage by cuts its still a stoppage you created.
Only problem with that is you can open up a nasty cut by just grazing your opponent with the wrong part of your glove so in reality you didn't even land a clean strike to cause this damage, it was just lucky happenstance.

If you've been soundly beaten for 13 minutes prior to that would you consider it a legit win or a stroke of advantageous dumb luck?

No, I admire skillsets that are deep, wide, and real ... not flash-in-the-pan nothings.

Weile is the real deal ... mark my words.

Things are not always what they seem. IE Aron Pico. Skill sets need to be tested before they are crowned.

I'll give you one thing your an aggressive Gambler.

I won't be surprised if she loses soon if the media treat her the same way you are. Those expectations can be a mutha.

Just do not mention her in the same breathe as Women with MUCH deeper resumes. As it stands she isn't worthy to be mentioned in the same breathe as Nunez and Shev.

Lol, I hate Ronda but do you mean the same Holly who was left sleeping in the cage by a girl Ronda beat twice?
And while Ronda lost to Nunes, she destroyed a girl who handled Nunes.

Only problem with that is you can open up a nasty cut by just grazing your opponent with the wrong part of your glove so in reality you didn't even land a clean strike to cause this damage, it was just lucky happenstance.

If you've been soundly beaten for 13 minutes prior to that would you consider it a legit win or a stroke of advantageous dumb luck?

Look buddy I completely agree with you but fights get stopped if damage is done. Cuts happen. Fedor got cut in his first fight against Kosaka (and he was absolutely pasting him). He finished him the second time they fought.

Cuts are dangerous especially over the eyes because of visual impairment.

When Randy and Vitor fought, Randy got his eyelid cut by a fluke edge on Vitor's glove. Randy came back and mauled him in the rematch (two maulings).

The rules are in place to safeguard the health of the fighters. You could argue that if you don't want to lose due to a cut, don't get hit :)

When Bullet fought Nunes she made her nose the color of rose.

Okay? Now, think about Cyborg after hearing that.
D2B3598C-1345-47F2-9783-D15B755218A6.jpeg

Look buddy I completely agree with you but fights get stopped if damage is done. Cuts happen. Fedor got cut in his first fight against Kosaka (and he was absolutely pasting him). He finished him the second time they fought.

Cuts are dangerous especially over the eyes because of visual impairment.

The rules are in place to safeguard the health of the fighters. You could argue that if you don't want to lose due to a cut, don't get hit :)
Fair enough but the Fedor cut was caused by an illegal strike so the fact it was called a loss to keep a tournament going is bullshit and he wasn't exactly "pasting him" since the fight didn't even last 20 seconds.

My point is though that you don't really have to get hit for a cut to occur as you can dodge the actual punch and just get grazed by the edge of the glove opening up the cut. In fact it's usually the glancing blows that open cuts aside from elbows.

Back