✝️ R.I.P. BIGWAVERIDER The Greatest Sherbro of All Time!

@Buff I am glad you and my brother Mike were able to connect on many levels. Yes he is a kind gentle candid genius . I am overwhelmed by the friendships he had here and the love you all share. He will truly be missed . Thank ALL OF YOU for sharing. I whispered in his ear today all the love given here and that he was so loved. I also told him he was an inspiration and role model to many. I wish my brother eternal peace until we meet again

My eyes just started leaking reading this... I wish I would've seen Buff's post before this so I could give a like to him also. I will have some drinks for him right now. I wish I had a way to view all of his works.

I'm close with the shoop thread guys. I've been talking to bigwaveriders Nephew almost daily since this happened and getting everything ready for the thread and it's been a lot of work. I hoped for today but tomorrow it is. After UFC 276 is the best shout as lots of you guys will be watching the event anyway.

I want to encourage everyone to come and shoop in Mike's honour and to keep it classy for Mike and his family during this difficult time. Enjoy UFC 276 and then get some rest, and when you wake up put on your favourite pair of shooping pants and let's make the biggest and best shoop thread Sherdog has ever seen as a community.

Once I have posted the thread I will make sure to inform his family and use the big group tag to alert everyone that it has started. I know everyone will want to be involved but let's keep it about the art and shoops to get us going with this thread. It will be a marathon, not a sprint.

I can't wait to see all the amazing art that is created and I want to thank everyone here for their kind words and support during this time.

@Patrick Shaffer @Brenda Simmons Shaffer @Little Wave Rider @axdamx thank you for everything, your support to this community has been incredible. We will do everything we can to make you guys proud and show Mike the respect he deserves.

Thank you for the all the hard work you're putting in and for everything, champ. You make Mike and the Shoop community proud. Love you, brother. Much respect
2f7ydlJ.gif

Thanks brother. I'm hanging in there and getting ready for Mike's shoop tribute thread. I want to make it the best shoop thread ever to honour our fallen Sherbrother.

Good to read Arqueto. I have complete confidence that yourself and the rest of the shoop squad will put together some of the BEST work we have seen for this occasion.

Wow, sad to see this. Didn't know much about him but I made some shoops years ago and he always kept me in the mentions for new shoop threads and made me feel appreciated. His presence will be missed. Rest in peace.

What a loss. BWR radiated positivity with every post he made here. He was a legitimately great artist that brought laughter and happiness to so many. He’ll be sorely missed. Condolences to his family and all his friends here.
RIP

Thank you to everyone in the family for posting here. @Brenda Simmons Shaffer, @Patrick Shaffer, ,[USER=590248]@Little Wave Rider, @axdamx. It brightens my spirits reading your posts. As he often described here @bigwaverider loved each of you very much.

I'd like to share a poem with you all. It's been passed down in my family and now hangs on a wall in my home. It reminds me of how Mike lived his life. Hopefully it may inspire some of you too.

If
by Rudyard Kipling

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son![/USER]

Now, hold on....hold on, hold on, wait wait wait. We've just been talking, giant conversations. I just replied back to him in our conversation a few minutes ago. We've been having talking, I came here specifically to reply back to all the great shit he said and continue where we were at. I stopped in the middle of my bullshit, specifically to come in and talk to him, which I just did. ... Jesus Christ....what???? FUCK....

I just spent the last hour talking to him., all the good shit we were talking. And there's no one there. Yeah....I this is gonna take a fucking second, time-wise, I'm late to many jokes and parties and in-shit I don't understand. Wrong guy. ... let me go back and check shit, goddamn it. Just some fucking air, still dark out.

I just now saw this
Jesus Christ

RIP brother. One day we will all join you and you can teach us more.

To his nephews and other family, I'm so sorry. I'm just so sorry. The better a person is the more it hurts when they leave--- this one hurts

it's not dark outside, it's a cloudy grey morning with little birds and crows and the sunrise jutting through clouds just a bit off to the left if you stand up and walk around off about 40 feet in that direction. There's nothing going on in the world but the world, no other sounds but the birds. I am ashamed and embarrassed that I'm so dense and what a lousy fucking friend. I was looking for this Sandford and Son clip to send him when I saw this. We weren't tight earlier, he was reaching out recently, he did some shit for me that I never saw or responded to. He mentioned it to someone, and they said, just get ahold of him, I'm sure he didn't see it. I didn't see it, but it shouldn't have been on him. And we talked and I told him how fucking sorry I was and so glad that he took the advice to say hey dude, ya dummy in the distance, ...he wasn't doing it for it to be noticed, he genuinely just wanted to know I thought about what he did, took the time to do, if it was any good, if I liked it. He wanted my reaction to what he'd done for me, just as pure as that. And he bowled me over, and in our communion of Fuck Cancer, it's taken out both my folks and almost everyone I care about, working on others as we speak, I was approaching him as brothers in pain and not that, I

Back