17 years old Raul Rosas Jr gets signed off the Dana White Contender Series: too soon?

DjolexMTL

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This is a first so it's obviously interesting, but setting aside all the "hype" and intent of creating a cool story, do you think it was a good idea?

Chase Hooper got signed super young too off the DWCS, and it hasn't been stellar so far.
And Bo Nickal doesn't get signed despite his huge wrestling credentials because he only has 2 fights, but a 17 years old with 5 fights get signed?

I love the story, but I would've given him at least 2 years before signing him

Curious to have your takes

Didn't they sign someone to a developmental contract before? I figured they would do that here but nope. I guess we'll see him either grow within the promotion or wash out.

I just pointed out Dana being a major clown for this.

How do you pass on D1 wrestling royalty who dropped everything to focus on MMA these past couple years, and sign a 17 year old kid who’s been fighting in a Mexican rodeo MMA promotion???

The goof strikes again. This new gimmick isn’t going to pan out.

This is a first so it's obviously interesting, but setting aside all the "hype" and intent of creating a cool story, do you think it was a good idea?

Chase Hooper got signed super young too off the DWCS, and it hasn't been stellar so far.

Bo Nickal doesn't get signed despite his huge wrestling credentials because he only has 2 fights, but a 17 years old with 5 fightd get signed?

I love the story, but I would've given him at least 2 years before signing him

Curious to have your takes

Mexican sensation marketability -- business sense.

And maybe, just maybe -- they get a Mexican O'Malley out of the deal. Kid is working on a curly wig flop as he builds his image.

I just pointed out Dana being a major clown for this.

How do you pass on D1 wrestling royalty who dropped everything to focus on MMA these past couple years, and sign a 17 year old kid who’s been fighting in a Mexican rodeo MMA promotion???

The goof strikes again. This new gimmick isn’t going to pan out.
He didn't pass on Bo Nickal.

We have had pro boxers win championships at age 17-19. We are also in a time where kids get into mma at younger ages.

Seems too early. I think he showed some potential but his inexperience was apparent. I was not blown away by him though, don’t see the hype yet. They’re going to need to be very careful with him or they’re going to derail his career before it even begins.

Has he already had all of his teeth knocked out?
In particular the top row?

Did they really pass on Bo Nickak? DC will not allow that, he's been cumming everytime he speaks about him.

Jordan Mein and Rory were fighting pretty young. I doubt the kid becomes a champion or anything, but he should do well as long as he keeps his camps smart.

Back