20 Super Foods You Need To Build Muscle & Lose Fat

I'm a little surprised more people didn't comment on how ridiculous this article is.

"the men and women who consumed the most red and processed meat were likely to die sooner, especially from one of our two leading killers, heart disease and cancer, than people who consumed much smaller amounts of these foods."

Oh, wow that sounds bad maybe we shouldn't be eating so much meat.....

"The subjects in the study who ate the most red meat had other less-than-healthful habits. They were more likely to smoke, weigh more for their height, and consume more calories and more total fat and saturated fat. They also ate less fruits, vegetables and fiber; took fewer vitamin supplements; and were less physically active."

Wait a minute, they people who were most likely to get cancer and heart disease were fatter, didn't exercise, and smoked? You dirty manipulative.....

"But in analyzing mortality data in relation to meat consumption, the cancer institute researchers carefully controlled for all these and many other factors that could influence death rates."

Sure you did.

Bookmarked and noted..how come I, and my body hates almost all fruits? I have a cup of blue berries (costco frozen) once a week..otherwise, the natural sugars seem to kill me.

I'm a bit hypoglycemic..I think.

Edit: for subscribe.

Bookmarked and noted..how come I, and my body hates almost all fruits? I have a cup of blue berries (costco frozen) once a week..otherwise, the natural sugars seem to kill me.

I'm a bit hypoglycemic..I think.

Edit: for subscribe.

I was kinda curious to what you meant by they kill you? Do they make you feel like shit or gain weight?

Those aren't superfoods. Superfoods are foods that contain exceptional nutrition, things like maca root, acai, spirulina, chlorella, chia seeds, raw cocoa etc. Absolutely tomatoes and carrots can be good for you, but they're no where near the nutritive power to be considered a superfood. The only real superfood on that list is berries.

Industrial turkey is horrible for your health. Sodium nitrite, which causes intestinal track-related cancers, is added to commercial red meat, and even organic red meat. Sodium nitrite is touted as a food preservative. It's actually added to colour the meat red, in order to boost sales. Organic pork and chicken are the only meats I would consider eating as sodium nitrite isn't added to them.

The rest of the list is decent, just run out of the mill things you can find at your supermarket. But then again, if you buy non-organic you get less nutrition, and ingest the pesticides that were sprayed on the crops. And I definitively wouldn't eat non-organic raw eggs.

Bookmarked. I have a serious craving for salmon now. Going to get some tomorrow for sure.

I was kinda curious to what you meant by they kill you? Do they make you feel like shit or gain weight?

From the Paleo thread review book (since were sorta on the same subject re: fruit):

I just don't enjoy fruits, or crave them. I'll eat blue berries like once a week. The nat sugars send me to "high" and feel "grainy" as in, sluggish, slow, etc.

Every now and then an orange.

I now just listen to my body...so even out and about, I'll still just avoid potato's (which would be "cheating" to the paleo ish diet), only because I don't want them.

If I want to cheat though, I will. I eat uber clean (paleo sans fruit) 6.5 days a week.

Bump...I love whole milk (when I drink it, I haven't had milk for 2 years now, am bulking a bit so will be adding that to my repertoire). I used to drink 4 glasses of skim a day when I was doing tons of weights (prison) because the "wisdom" was "low fat, but high in protein"!

Fuck that, drink your good fats if your going to actually intake milk.

Does anyone have the list? There are some snippets quoted throughout the thread but not the original full list. Original post seems to be edited.

There are no superfoods and no 20 foods you need. Any 20 foods can be repleaced with other foods.

Simple truth, facts.

Back