2009 Brock Lesnar could have beaten Prime Jones?

Wrestwaterson

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I thought about this and say no. 100% healthy Brock would probably have been the most dangerous men on the planet but Jones was too. Style-wise i don't think Brock would have had much chances.

I'm not sure. I think huge HWs (guys at least 6'4" who cut to 265) would be some of Jones' toughest opponents, either in his prime or now...if they either have dangerous striking or wrestling. Jones would outstrike Brock on the feet, but he doesn't have much power to KO him. I think Brock's size and wrestling would give Jones problems...but it's hard fight to call. A younger Overeem, Ngannou and Pavlovich are also very tough matchups for Jones IMO. While he isnt as heavy, I think prime JDS and Werdum would also be tough opponents due to JDS' boxing/TDD and Werdum's striking and submission threat on the ground. Both are 6'4"

to get people's view on it. Also why bother to comment then?

Because your opinion is a very common opinion.

Lesnar has so much muscle he can't last 5 rounds.
Jones is VERY hard to take down, and Lesnar's striking is all horsepower with no technique.
Lesnar would get frustrated & exhausted and look for a way out.

jones wouldn't be able to keep broc off of him

don't see how he could keep it standing. don't see how he could get back up.

yeah jones is a better mixed martial artist, but could not overcome the size difference

jones wouldn't be able to keep broc off of him

don't see how he could keep it standing. don't see how he could get back up.

yeah jones is a better mixed martial artist, but could not overcome the size difference
Pass that blunt bro...

i dont think brock was ever the most dangerous man. he was good at being a bully and large athletic hw. he did not respond well to getting hit. he did show heart on some occasions but i think more than just jon would have beat him.

Is that the Lesnar who beat the crap out of Herring and Mir? Or post surgery lesnar? Cause Lesnar from the 2nd Mir fight would literally ragdoll chicken leg bones.

Reactions: mkt
I thought about this and say no. 100% healthy Brock would probably have been the most dangerous men on the planet but Jones was too. Style-wise i don't think Brock would have had much chances.
In which weight class?
Brock is probably to big too cut to LHW, but if he did Jones by murder
At HW, probably still Jones. Brock doesn't handle getting hit that well, I would imagine Jones would be able to land accurate shots with ease. Both great fighters though

two failed drug test fighters. juiced to the brim and in their primes. i dont know. lesnar could prob lay on jones till he was exhausted but then again lighting fast jones would pick apart no chin lesnar all day. id prob take jones.

Back